It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point do we accept we've lost?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

But what have we lost? I am confused.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

watch this:

Take some deep breaths, and pay attention.
edit on 4/3/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but the only time I know to quit fighting for what I believe in is when I'm dead.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Ask people in their 80's and they will probably tell you that life has never been better than it is today.
Food,
Medical care,
Leisure time,
Perspective maybe?

This is true. Whiners don't know what they have. We live in an era of unprecedented richness not seen throughout human history. Complaining that things are worse than ever is just ridiculous and shortsighted.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What you mean "we" paleface?

From what I have seen of the "solutions" offered to replace what some people perceive to be TPTB I am quite certain that my family, friends, and acquaintances, including most people here, would be much worse off in any of those scenarios. People complain a great deal, but when you ask what kind of world they would prefer, they lapse into a philosophical hodge podge of entitlement issues that betray their total lack of understanding of the issues involved and who is responsible for them. Many of the complainers are already so dependent on TPTB for their every need that they wouldn't know where to begin if they actually had to provide for themselves. They'd be begging for a return to the old world order. In other words, I do not want to live in a world where your solutions prevail. Further, if it comes down to it, I will actively resist any of your crazy-azz solutions you attempt to implement. And in terms of being armed, which has been brought up above, statistically speaking I am much more likely to have taken care of that issue than you have. Most of that kind of talk is just bravado anyway. Few of us would be willing to go that route and none of us is any match for professionals. Given the solutions heretofore presented, I am more than happy that they have already lost. That is as it should be.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Firstly, I prefer cracker to paleface.

Pronouns are important... apparently.

But you're absolutely right. Not only have TPTB won, it's a good thing they did.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

When was the last time you thought you were winning?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

First off, everyone knows Taco Bell has won the fast food war.

Second, my life feels pretty good to me. I consider myself winning. I don't think I lost anything other than the time that goes by daily.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Fair enough, is my problem that I'm not consuming enough popular media controlled by TPTB.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

watch this:

Take some deep breaths, and pay attention.

Nobody serious would put any faith in what John Oliver says about Trump...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
TPTB have taken a bit of a kicking recently and as McCain has said, the NWO is wobbling.

They haven't won, we haven't won, but we'll keep on keeping on.

Power to the people.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: schuyler

Firstly, I prefer cracker to paleface.

From an old joke. The Lone Ranger and Tonto are surrounded by Indians. The Lone Ranger turns to Tonto and says, "What do we do now?"

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't mean to be dense, but I'm not understanding your statement

If you believe in TPTB then we have lost.

What are you getting at and what is it we have lost?
Are you asking if we believe that TPTB exists?
Are you asking if we believe in the "goals and objectives" of TPTB, if such exists?

Is there a TPTB?: YES
Is the TPTB a specific organization or group: NO, probably individuals from diverse organizations
Does the TPTB act in concert: SOMETIMES, many competing factions, left & right hands not always aware

McDonalds rules because they were the first to figure out that the real profit is in owning the entire supply chain and marketing to multiple generations so kids grow up to raise their kids on McDonalds. Sustainable business plan.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Its always been GAME OVER for the peasants.

But who cares about our meat-suits that are dying anyway ?

What really matters is where your spirit goes when your host body fails to function.

Who wants to miss the Get Out of Jail Free card that Jesus gives everyone ?

Those who choose the Mammon will get reincarnated into another peasant meat-suit to go through the same test again and again and again ?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Interests converge, and just like McDonalds doing it better than everyone else made them successful, the same thing holds true for TPTB.

If we are happy to think a fast food chain won the fast food war, shouldn't we expect that groups are interested in the far more important and far more profitable world of politics?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
-------------

Buck

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Actually Subway is the number 1 fast food restaurant in the world.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

And do you realize how OLD that segment of John Oliver's is? It is months ago.

Yup! Thanks for adding to the common sense archive. It was all fun and games before it really happened.
And now it's a sharp stick in the eye.

Just wanted to, for posterity's sake, remind everyone of how chaotic and surreal the situation has consistently been. It's madness.

edit on 4/3/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Have you listened to the radio or watched MTV?

Fat ladies singing don't exist now.

The question is have YOU watched MTV....Adele and Megan Trainor two of the best female artist out there, and guess what they ain't skinny!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
When you accept that you've lost, that's the point when you've only just begun to lost.

Watch "Escape from Sobibor" (or, better yet, read the book of the same name) and then tell me if you're willing to admit defeat just because you perceive that there's no way to win.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join