It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's An Album You Might Enjoy: 90's Blues Rock Candlebox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to the music-lovers the world over

Seattle based Candlebox released their self-titled debut album in 1993. The reviews were mixed and, frankly, not tremendously positive, but the people liked it! The album went platinum and two of their videos "Cover Me" and "Far Behind" were among the top requested on MTV in 1993.

The music scene of the time was flooded with alternative rock groups and Candlebox, after a brief ascendency to the top of the charts, ended up getting lost in the fray.

On relistening to their first album, I would definitely say that their sound is interesting! There are hints of grunge, funk, blues, rock; which, along with intelligent, varied lyrics make for a good listen! Mother's Dreams is so good. When I was a kid, I loved Rain and He Calls Home.. and yep, they're still good. This album is definitely worth hearing if you haven't already.

Candlebox does seem to have some loyal fans who have stayed with them throughout the years, and are still making music.

I'd love to hear from you after listening, or if you remember Candlebox from the 90's, or whatever you'd like to say!

Enjoy your day, fellow ATSers!

edit on 3-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Ha!
Loved them and 'far behind' especially. I still have the CD at home.

I thought I was the only one, guess there's two of us...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I thought I was the only one, guess there's two of us...

Oh my gosh, cracking up from this! Candlebox Fan Club, membership 2.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Awesome band, they sound great live too. The real deal.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hi zosi, thanks for always bringing a wide variety of music and art! I'm always being introduced to new styles and sounds. Great band, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Great, TNM, our ranks have risen!
Hi knowledge, great to see ya!
Thanks guys for the comments. I agree, illumimason, they are the real deal.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Loves me some Candlebox! Although they are a little commercially, the album still made me turn it up! First time I heard them was Changes on the radio and immediately I dug the mix, content and overall rockedness. I like the drummers tracks, crisp and solid. Blossom was a good song too my girlfriend and I enjoyed when riding to coast…ah memories. Their first album was one that you could listen to the whole thing without skipping to better songs. I miss the 90's music! Blind Melon's self titled debut and Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger were my fav's from that era.

I was fond of It's Amazing from the Lucy Album too.

Heck I didn't even know about albums beyond Happy Pills. Into the Sun,Love Stories & Other Musings and Disappearing in Airports. I'll have to give em a listen.

edit on 3-4-2017 by waftist because: utube

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Hey there waftist! Thank you for adding another great song!

Isn't it amazing how music can be an immediate link to (and principle part of) our memories.

Enjoy your day

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Hey there waftist! Thank you for adding another great song!

Isn't it amazing how music can be an immediate link to (and principle part of) our memories.

Enjoy your day

Indeed friend! A buddy of mine once said music is like a time machine, able to transport us right back to crystal clear memories surrounding the experience of those listening moments.

I appreciate the value in that beyond simple pleasure too, for it can be therapeutic for those suffering from memory loss. Have you seen the documentary Alive Inside

Hope you have a great day too

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wow, a wonderful post!

I have not seen that movie, and appreciate the info. I like your friend's theory-- It rings true for me.

Cheers, friend!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Absolutely love this album and I have full copies on all my devices. Definitely in my top ten list.

ETA: Time for some Candlebox background music.
edit on 4/3/2017 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

It is an excellent album, isn't it?
It crossed my mind again recently and just had to give it another listen. Still great!
This is what I am listening to atm:

Hmm won't let me link full album so I linked a song instead.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join