It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 killed 100 Arrested As Chechnya Clamp Down On Gays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Shocking news emerging from various sources regarding the Chechnyan Polices' sweep of suspected gays. Ramzan Kadyrov denied the reports saying it was "all lies and disinformation". Spokesman Alvi Karamov issued the following statement to Interfax News Agency on Saturday which makes for sad reading

“You cannot arrest or repress people who just don’t exist in the republic,if such people existed in Chechnya, law enforcement would not have to worry about them, as their own relatives would have sent them to where they could never return,”

Quite what that last part means I'm not sure but I would have a guess at it not being pleasant but isn't denial wonderful?
This is straight out of the old Russian Propaganda machine....we don't have the problems the west do..we don't have gays or serial killers or rapist....but we'll make laws against them just in case. Chechnya for those that don't know is a majority Muslim state and from what I've been reading relatives of gays have the right to kill them without prosecution.

And gays in the West think they have it so bad

Gays Rounded Up
Gay Arrests In Chechnya

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We are constantly being told that we shouldn't interfere with the cultures of other countries "specifically their religions".

So what are we supposed to do?
edit on 3-4-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Eta

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Chechnya, where the Boston bombers were from.

Classy place.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm not sure we can do anything at all, its religion and no we don't have the right to interfere and it wouldn't matter if we did. When it comes down to a belief system its damn near impossible to change someone's mind. Governments could put pressure on those countries with human rights issues but it would make no difference because it is down to religion. An awful situation that just shouldn't be happening in the 21st century

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A short while back, about 11 years ago now, I took a position in Case Management. I thought that I was too old to keep walking the floors, and I thought a desk job would be the answer to my need to continue to work, and my decreasing stamina.

I was so very wrong in my choice because I went from walking the floor to running the floors, and the only time I sat at the desk was after my shift ended and I had to document all the required information and dealings of my day.

I learned a very important lesson working at that job, the most important being that you should clean your own house before trying to clean someone else's.

I had during my free time, worked on Mission drives and volunteered to help with the poor and ill in third world countries, thinking that I was doing good works. It wasn't until I started working in Case Management that I even had eyes to see the need of those that were poor and ill in my own neighborhood.

We have been brainwashed and conditioned to believe that we are so much better than those in other countries, because if we take off the blinders and actual see what is happening in our country we may not be so complacent.

We jump to the call of the poor, the needy, the disenfranchised, unless they are sitting next to our feet, or living in our drainage ditches. If we allow ourselves to really see them, then the truth and the shame will overwhelm us.

Young people may not be killed by their parents for being gay, because they are killing themselves. Does that make our hands clean?

Every country has their problems. We need to stop looking at problems in other countries and telling their leaders how to govern their people. We need to pay attention to what is going on in our country, and we need to force our leaders to govern to our needs.

When we become guiltless we won't have to force others to do what we think is right. As bearers of shinning armor we will be able to lead the way.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah, that is the way it is in other parts of the world. The strange thing is that we are leaving more and more Muslims into this country without the right kind of social conditioning and this will be a problem for the gays and other groups that Muslims do not approve of. I don't care if we have laws, the Muslims have laws that supersede our laws. I have nothing against good Muslim people, I do not have anything against gay people or transgender people as long as they do not get pushy and demand things that allow them more personal rights than the rest of us.

The majority of Muslims are good people, but deep in the back of their minds most do not approve of gay people. They actually do not like things that go against the teaching of their religion. Most of them can live in our society symbiotically but there is always going to be that ten percent that can cause problems.

I do not understand why liberals are wanting to immigrate more of these people without checking them out better, I am not in a group that these Muslims may target, but I do have a few gay and Lesbian friends and my offspring have a few Transgender friends. I don't want a loose cannon targeting these people. The Muslims can be just as bad as White supremacists groups on this issue.

Why are we pushing integration past reasonability.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Because someone somewhere had a dream of a liberal multicultural utopia where everyone just rubbed along nicely all tolerant and accepting
That is not reality and never will be because there will always be one side or one group that wants more than the rest, who make demands, who want to be special, and, most importantly, think their God is best

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I don't care if we have laws, the Muslims have laws that supersede our laws.

Only in their own minds. If they break the law of the land then they should be persecuted to the full extent of the law.

You don't get a pass because you don't like the law and think that it doesn't pertain to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Which is a seriously tricky issue for those on the planet that wholeheartedly believe that Religious law supersedes the law of the land. Shariah courts do exist, not necessarily in plain sight, but they are there and are used for certain disputes they believe cannot be solved by the law of the land. They say they are not Courts of Judgment but Courts of Mediation. I don't know if that's true or not but the fact remains they still follow their religious laws & rulings above the law of the country they live in. We know its fact that certain groups detest homosexuals and we know its fact that these groups advocate killing gay people those facts in themselves indicate that some religious groups are not culturally compatible with aspects of Western Values and Western human rights. You cannot argue with someone who believes they are doing God's work and in the case of Chechyna how can you sanction or punish or otherwise, a country that denies gays exist in the first place?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I'm not sure we can do anything at all, its religion and no we don't have the right to interfere and it wouldn't matter if we did. When it comes down to a belief system its damn near impossible to change someone's mind. Governments could put pressure on those countries with human rights issues but it would make no difference because it is down to religion. An awful situation that just shouldn't be happening in the 21st century

When relgion commits genocide we as human beings do have the right and should step in. its just another way to ethnic cleanse i wager.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Unfortunately, there is no information available as to the ethnicity of the gays arrested. I'm presuming Muslim Chechynans since that's the majority there. I think its certainly a cleansing as it is said that all those arrested will be killed, but its not necessarily ethnic.
edit on 3-4-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't care if we have laws, the Muslims have laws that supersede our laws.

Only in their own minds. If they break the law of the land then they should be persecuted to the full extent of the law.

You don't get a pass because you don't like the law and think that it doesn't pertain to you.

Which is more important to them, their beliefs they have had all their lives or some of the laws of this country that go against their beliefs? We had this same problem when a lot of people were coming in to this country a hundred years ago. These cultures had different beliefs, they fought with each other. I actually am from an area where a lot of immigrants came in and did a lot of research on the local history of these people, they formed groups and fought each others. Often the cops back then just let them beat each other up, but they usually sided with the group they were part of. I want to note, there were not many blacks here, this was ongoing turmoil between the Finns, Italians, and Other immigrant groups. The Native Americans here were more peaceful, there were some who targeted them but not that many. There are pictures of a KKK parade in the Library here in the local town. Some kids got offended and wanted them taken down. The woman at the library stated no, and I am glad you are offended, you should be. They are a reminder of something that they do not want to see ever again, without the reminder, history may repeat itself.

We need to learn from our past. I see slowly integrating some Muslim people into our society as a good thing, as long as they can properly integrate. This push is irrational.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Because someone somewhere had a dream of a liberal multicultural utopia where everyone just rubbed along nicely all tolerant and accepting
That is not reality and never will be because there will always be one side or one group that wants more than the rest, who make demands, who want to be special, and, most importantly, think their God is best

What you should have said is " think Their version of god is best "

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is pure islam.

The quran is very clear.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
This is pure islam.

The quran is very clear.

Adults versus boys who choose this lifestyle are not fit to lead families. They are poor role models, and are a potential threat to children.

By the time you reach manhood you should grow out of this behavior.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Which behaviour? Being gay or religious? Or being a power hungry misogynistic leader of a nothing ex Russian State who believes in child brides as apparently Chechyen women are "shrivelled" by the time they are in their 20's?

top topics

join