It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many dead people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I like to think I'm a moral person. But as a citizen of the United States, how much am I responsible for what our government does with the military? The US dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. Why is that I have this terrible feeling WE are the bad guys in the world?

"America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign"

www.theguardian.com...

"US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II"

www.globalresearch.ca...

Timeline of United States military operations:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Its not our fault the world is the way it is. We were born where, when, and to whom we were born with no choice in the matter. I tell you what though, I am happy I was not born anywhere else.

If it was not us, it would have been another empire. And it will be, someday in the future when it is not us anymore. But there will always be someone raining fire and raiding lands.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
After WW2 we had to stop communism and spread democracy then nation building. LOL.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
"US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II"

www.globalresearch.ca...

Glad to see others on the same page. This subject transcends left / right politics.

Here's from a decade ago you might appreciate (need to update it sometime):

America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"Why is that I have this terrible feeling WE are the bad guys in the world? "

Are you really just waking up to this now?

Must be some strong conditioning in place, good job on fighting through it!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Even though I think we should stay out of these other countries and let them sort out their own problems, I am also aware that most of those same countries have plenty of blood on their hands in the past.
Human nature never seems to change.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The west has still got a very long way to go in terms of numbers killed, to catch others up.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

...And we're going to increase the trillions of dollars in military spending so we can kill more unfortunate innocent civilians! While all the political chicken hawks and draft dodgers talk tough and send our young men and women to do their dirty work.

The U.S. needs to stop getting involved in foreign affairs and start spending the time and money on Americans here at home.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

...And we're going to increase the trillions of dollars in military spending so we can kill more unfortunate innocent civilians! While all the political chicken hawks and draft dodgers talk tough and send our young men and women to do their dirty work.

The U.S. needs to stop getting involved in foreign affairs and start spending the time and money on Americans here at home.

I agree. Bring the troops home to patrol our southern border to keep illegals out. America first!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The west has still got a very long way to go in terms of numbers killed, to catch others up.

What "others" ? Do you have any real information or are you just making stuff up to support your lack of morality?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's funny how the people overseas who are fighting for peace are supposedly fighting for war. And the people here fighting for war are supposedly fighting for peace.

"In an emotional address during which he held back tears, Laurent Fabius said the agreement “will serve meaningful causes, food safety and security, public health, the fight against poverty and for essential rights, and therefore peace.”“People worldwide, our citizens, our children, wouldn’t understand if we didn’t adopt it and wouldn’t forgive us,” he insisted. “It is rare to be given the opportunity to change the world,” said President François Hollande, wrapping up the meeting. “You have the opportunity to do that.”"

revolution-green.com...

edit on 3-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: added quotes

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
5 flags and 11 posts. It's really sad what this country has become. If this thread were about "Trump was anally raped by Democrats during erection" it would get 60 flags and 200 posts.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: dfnj2015

www.globalresearch.ca...

Glad to see others on the same page. This subject transcends left / right politics.

Here's from a decade ago you might appreciate (need to update it sometime):

America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

And over 100 million died in WWII.

over 50 million in WWI......

and your point?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

WW2 was on the Germans and the Japanese.

The list I made is on US.

You're cool with that?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You can choose to except what I say, or you can go and check for yourself. I do not make stuff up. I took vows to be honest and protect those in danger. I will not stand for my morality being called into question by you or anyone else.

top topics

join