It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Democrat Rats On Obama: We’ve Been Spying On Trump Since 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Of course not. He's just shooting from the hip because he doesn't want to give up hope that nothing damning will be coming out against Obama.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Tempter

Of course not. He's just shooting from the hip because he doesn't want to give up hope that nothing damning will be coming out against Obama.

You might think differently if you were following Sputnik "News!"

Beach Bum: Obama’s Very Long Vacation Lands in Tahiti

Former US President Barack Obama continues what appears to be a much-longed-for and, some say, verging-on-permanent vacation, now taking his lounging act to Tahiti, in French Polynesia.

And by "some say" they mean Russian and other pro-Trump propagandists.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If there's nothing to it, why coordinate with Nunes to quash the investigation? Notice that Nunes's shenanigans have effectively shut it down and now they (the WH and Nunes) are trying to shift the narrative with the help of Fox News, other pro-Trump outlets, a handful of GOP politicians and eager Trump supporters to this "unmasking" scandal?

It's not Nunes or the White House that shut down the investigation... it was those who refused to authorize the closed session testimony of Comey and Rogers that effectively suspended the investigation -- not shut it down. Nunes has made it clear that the committee needs to hear from Comey and Rogers before questioning Clapper, Brennan and Yates. They know something. And apparently, Schiff and others think they can continue to hide the truth by blocking their testimony -- and blaming Nunes for it!

Some of us are paying attention.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't have to go to a Russian propaganda outlet to read that. Russia's lies have already breached ATS. I've seen at least two other members suggest that he is in Tahiti to avoid legal troubles.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Read the committee rules.
Meetings held once a month on the first friday of the month.
Committee meetings require a weeks notice. Ect

It isn't "quashed"

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Read the committee rules.
Meetings held once a month on the first friday of the month.
Committee meetings require a weeks notice. Ect

It isn't "quashed"

I'm not sure what you're referring to... I was referring to the closed session scheduled for a Tuesday, which was announced and subsequently cancelled.

Maybe you meant this for the person I responded to? I just wonder because I didn't use the word "quash."

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't have to go to a Russian propaganda outlet to read that. Russia's lies have already breached ATS. I've seen at least two other members suggest that he is in Tahiti to avoid legal troubles.

If Susan Rice was spying on Trump's team then it seems to be climbing ever higher to the top of the chain.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

If Susan Rice was spying on Trump's team then it seems to be climbing ever higher to the top of the chain.

Susan Rice apparently unmasked the names in incidental collection. I understand she has the authority to do so. So far there is no illegal wrongdoing here.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Some of us are paying attention.

Are you insinuating that I'm not? Shucks. Here's what happened as far as I can gather:

* Monday, March 20th - Comey and Rogers gave their testimony in an open hearing. Doesn't play well for Trump.

* Tuesday, March 21st - Nunes gets a call while in Uber ride with aide and then disappears... to the WH for an undisclosed meeting where he was shown the intelligence reports in question.

* Wednesday, March 22nd - Nunes gives unscheduled "incidental collection" press conference. Then goes back to the White House to allegedly brief the President. After about an hour, he emerges and gives another impromptu press appearance at the WH.

* Thursday, March 23rd - Nunes apologizes to Schiff et al about not briefing them prior to going to press, "briefing" White House. Nunes also shows up Hannity and says, "I felt I had a duty and obligation to tell him because as you know he’s been taking a lot of heat in the news media."

* Friday, March 24th - In the morning, Nunes "postpones" scheduled testimony of Clapper, Brennan and Yates which was to be held on March 28th in an open hearing. Nunes says he'll invite Comey and Rogers back for closed door testimony because, "There are just questions that we have for Dir. Comey and Adm. Rogers probably that they couldn't answer in a public setting." Nunes also tells reporters:

"We are asking Mr. Comey and Mr. Rogers to come back in. And until we can get them in in a closed session, it's not going to be worth it to have the open session," Nunes told reporters.

Schiff calls it, "attempt to choke off public info."

* Saturday, March 25th - Daily Beast breaks story about Nunes getting call in Uber, ditching aide, night before "incidental collection" press conference.

* Monday, March 27th - It's reported in the morning that Nunes had gone to White House. Later, Nunes confirms meeting at White House.

* Tuesday, March 28th - Nunes unilaterally cancels all meetings for the rest of the week. The GOP blames Democrats, claiming that a letter that Nunes, or a lawyer under his direction, drafted to invite Comey back hasn't been signed:

Committee member Rep. Peter King, R-NY, verified the information about the letter that was described to the Washington Examiner by a source close to the committee who requested anonymity.

"My understanding is that Devin [Nunes] or the general counsel for the Republican side prepared a letter to Director Comey and Director Rogers asking them to testify at a closed session, and that thus far, the Democrats have not signed it," King said.

"The purpose of the closed session is to start getting answers to many of the questions that Director Comey could not answer at the public hearing because of the ongoing investigation. To me, if Democrats want answers to their questions, this is one way to get them. So I'm surprised they're not agreeing to this right away," King added.

A Democratic committee aide replied by accusing Republicans of trying to eliminate the open hearing entirely.

"Republicans wanted to do the closed hearing in lieu of the open hearing — they were hoping to schedule it at the exact same time as the open hearing, even though all the witnesses [Brennan, Clapper and Yates] were prepared to testify," the aide said. "We would welcome hearing from Directors Comey and Rogers again — just not instead of the open hearing."

* Wednesday, March 29th - Nunes blames Democrats for stall, Democrats fire back:

"The Minority submitted a list of witnesses to the Majority yesterday. This list represents only the first of many witnesses we believe should be called to testify,” the spokesman said. “Additionally, the Minority proposed days ago that two hearings be scheduled for next week — both the closed hearing with [James] Comey and [Mike] Rogers requested by the Majority and the open hearing with Yates, Clapper and Brennan that had been previously agreed to by both parties and cancelled abruptly and unilaterally by the Chair. We have yet to receive a response."

* Thursday, March 30th - NYT reports that "2 White House Officials Helped Give Nunes Intelligence Reports." Also, it comes out that Flynn is seeking immunity for his testimony.

So to recap: Hearings start, don't support Trump tweets from March 4, next day Nunes gets a call and rushes off to the White House. The very next day, seemingly out-of-the-blue, he gives a press conference which is taken by Trump faithful to back up Trump's tweets. He then makes a production of going to the White House for the world's shortest briefing. Ironically, before that briefing could even take place — within half an hour/45 minutes of the start of Nunes's press conference — both Trump and Spicer are referencing the claims. Trump in an interview, Spicer at a briefing.

All of this is kept secret, Nunes denies involvement of WH etc, until it's leaked that he went to WH. The involvement of the WH is still denied, it comes out that administration staffers facilitated Nunes.

All of a sudden, Nunes announces that he wants Comey and Rogers to come back to testify in a closed door hearing. Why wasn't that announced all week? Monday night? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? All of a sudden he decides on FRIDAY after a week of shenanigans with the WH, that he's canceling the already scheduled open hearings with testimony of Clapper, Brennan and Yates and wants Comey and Rogers to come abck for close door hearings.

Are you kidding me? Why not just schedule the Comey and Rogers for a different day and let the others go through? I don't know what you're paying attention to but I suggest that it's a distraction.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

sorry about that

there are actual rules for the house intel committee
some of those are what i posted
intelligence.house.gov...

Regular Meeting Day for the Full Committee. The regular meeting day of the Committee for the transaction of Committee business shall be the first Thursday of each month, unless otherwise directed by the Chair.

(b) Hearings. Except as provided in subsection (d), a Committee hearing may not commence earlier than one week after such notice.

Also if one were to look at the house calendar, they only work 4 day weeks for the first 2 weeks of april then they are in recess.

So the bs about quashing the investigation is just that bs.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And here's my timeline:

Saturday, March 4 -- Trump tweets about "wiretapping"
Wednesday, March 15 -- Trump tells Tucker Carlson that he will be submitting "certain things" to the House Intelligence Committee.
Monday, March 20 -- Comey tells House Intelligence Committee the bureau is investigating Trump/Russia collusion
March 21, 2017 -- Letter from Larry Klayman at Freedom Watch USA to Devin Nunes re NSA/CIA Whistleblower Dennis Montgomery's evidence of "apparent illegal and unconstitutional surveillance of prominent Americans, such as the chief justice of the Supreme Court, other justices, 156 judges, prominent businessmen, and others such as President Donald Trump." Vows to make whistleblower info public if not appropriately addressed by committee by Friday, 3/24.
Tuesday, March 21 -- Nunes views intel docs on White House grounds (Eisenhower building)
Wednesday, March 22 -- Nunes briefs Ryan on intel docs
Wednesday mid-day, March 22 -- Nunes holds press conference (“on numerous occasions, the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition… with little apparent foreign intelligence value" and were “widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting" and "Trump transition team members were unmasked”)
Wednesday afternoon, March 22 -- Nunes briefs President Trump; In 2nd press conf, says info may have been derived from Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants; asserts “duty” to tell the prez
Thursday, March 23 -- Spicer denies info came from White House; Nunes apologizes for not sharing info with other committee members
Friday, March 24 -- Closed hearing for Comey and Rogers testimony cancelled (no reason given)
Friday, March 24 -- Nunes cancels an open hearing with Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former CIA Director John Brennan scheduled for March 28, citing need to interview Comey and NSA Director Mike Rogers in a closed setting.
Monday, March 27 -- Nunes tells Bloomberg source was an intelligence official, not a White House staffer.
Tuesday, March 28 -- Republicans accuse Democrats of blocking Comey and Rogers closed session testimony
Tuesday, March 28 -- Nunes says he will “never” reveal his source.
Wednesday, March 29 -- Evelyn Farkas interview claiming widespread sharing/leaking of intel on Trump/Russia by intelligence agencies
Wednesday, March 29 -- Ryan says Nunes described his source as “a whistleblower-type person.”
Thursday, March 30 -- NYT reports that Nunes’s sources were two White House officials: Ezra Cohen-Watnick, senior director for intelligence at the National Security Council, and Michael Ellis, a lawyer who works on national security at the White House Counsel’s Office and was previously counsel on the House Intelligence Committee; Schiff speculates that the White House was attempting to “launder” intelligence through the House committee. (I seriously don't even know what that means... "launder" intelligence??? I'm open to explanations if anyone has one!)
Friday, March 31 -- Schiff views materials that Nunes saw.

I have not yet updated it with the weekend's revelations... but BFD. You and I only know what we've been allowed to know. The proof is in the pudding.

The charges of Trump-Russia collusion have been ongoing for months, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever -- much less definitive proof. Even Schiff has his tail between his legs and is backing off on his rhetoric.

The charges of spying by Trump are less than one month old and we're learning of very serious evidence -- including names, dates, means, opportunity, and motive.

Get everyone out of the way who is holding up the testimony and the hearings and give us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

By that rational, the CIA can spy on anyone's politics they don't agree with. Oh wait....they do. All these months later, if there was any evidence for collusion, it would have been leaked. If they had evidence to get a warrant, let's see it.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thank you for that information -- good to know!!!

I'm going to have to read it couple times to let it sink in, but I want to understand this going forward. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Susan Rice apparently unmasked the names in incidental collection. I understand she has the authority to do so. So far there is no illegal wrongdoing here.

When you unmask it has to be for an intended reason not data collection relating to trump. From what nunes said the data that was collected on trump wasn't from the russian collision or having to do anything with russia. So the question you have to ask is how the news get the infomation on flynn and why did the news use it in a way to push the russian collusion theory? I think you know the answer here you just dont expect anything to happen like what happened with hillary but if you paid attention something did happen to hillary she lost the election. What do you think will happen when they pretend she did nothing wrong lol actually thats a worse option because it will only deepen the distrust in your party and you lose more seats and more elections.

So best of luck there legal scholar cheering a victory of one battle as you lose the war!
edit on 3-4-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

At this point anything not russian will be kryptonite.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Other MSN outlets crickets..yet felonies were committed... Some of this stuff is more or less classified as Breaking News so this week I would expect more articles and videos..

Rigged Clinton campaign.... so why would any one doubt every dirty trick could and would be used; just ask Bernie.. The good news (for some) is the voting public is smarter than the democrat leadership thought as they lost governors, and the house and senate majority. youtu.be... if one more governorship falls then the RNC will have enough to start a constitutional amendment drive which I personally find troubling especially by the way stuff gets placed into any change that is not beneficial to us the citizens.. just early morning thoughts as I am out the door

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've seen at least two other members suggest that he is in Tahiti to avoid legal troubles.

One doesn't have to be Russian to consider that this is a possibility.
edit on b000000302017-04-03T18:47:27-05:0006America/ChicagoMon, 03 Apr 2017 18:47:27 -0500600000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
in a day and age where everyone is being spied on to some extent, why are people so easy to dismiss trump;s wire-tapping claims?
90% of this community is convinced that some amount of their personal information is being collected and stored in some bunker somewhere, but when trump says it's well that's just him being the usual idiot.
I guess political ideologies negate the need for personal internal consistency

Yes, its completely lost on some people here that the unmasking of US citizen names has a dire potential on American civil libertites....but lets never mind that and just persecute Trump cause we dont like him and we will wear pussy hats and protest.....

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 727Sky

Who is she?

She is a frequent Judge Jeanine guest.

I sometimes confuse her with Coco Loco until they start talking.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think there are many real Democrats that understand the Party needs to change fast or it's curtains.

Yep, they are on the right track now, for sure!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join