It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helsinki Commission Condemns Pending Legal Action against Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Maybe you're right. Let's let cults that actively hide child abuse have free reign to do as they wish. What harm does it do anyway?

What was I thinking?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

That not what I am saying

What I am saying is arrest and charge any memebers or leaders that are invloved in abetting or hidding crimes.
Target the ones actually COMMITING crimes while leave the majority of law abiding people alone.

Far more feasble than herding millions into prison.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The leaders of the JWs made the rules and the followers follow the rules. That means that EVERY current JW is active in hiding child abuse by following the rules.

JWs can leave if they want. The ones that stay KNOW the rules. That means they KNOW about this 2 witness nonesense.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
More info:

UN, US experts urge Russia: Drop Jehovah's Witness action that 'threatens religious freedom'

GENEVA – Russia's move to ban the activities of Jehovah's Witnesses using anti-extremism legislation in a lawsuit are "extremely worrying" say three United Nations human rights experts who condemned the suit.

"This lawsuit is a threat not only to Jehovah's Witnesses, but to individual freedom in general in the Russian Federation," the experts said on April 4.

"The use of counter-extremism legislation in this way to confine freedom of opinion, including religious belief, expression and association to that which is state-approved is unlawful and dangerous, and signals a dark future for all religious freedom in Russia," they stressed.

Thomas J. Reese, a Jesuit priest, who is chair of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, also criticized the Russian action.

Other links:

Fox News

BBC News

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join