It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good bye, England, as you slip under the waves of Islam

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
the media has vilified black culture , black culture itself is not to blame
so saying that its more harmful to youth of britain more than fundementalist islam is wrong.
jay z isnt out beheading people , or destroying cities for the caliphate

people rap about guns because its the culture they live in , its what their day to day life revolves around , its satire of gun violence
and its reality for them, if you ask NWA , or Wutang , they know gun violence is wrong and detrimental to black culture
but who will listen or do anything about gun crime or gun violence unless they have a voice .
It wasnt until they started rapping about anyone actually gave a # about black on black gun crime

If anything black culture gives UK youth more to hope for as it teaches them they can achieve their goals by sheer determination alone
you are looking at the pop media side of black culture

it's detrimental that pop media and pop industry fixates itself on only the negative values of black culture , but thats for another thread !

coveting money and calling women whores has nothing to do with black culture , thats just people being unconscious assholes

where I see your point that yes the media portray it as negative and that is detrimental

and I couldnt agree more with your sentiment that

"So rather than read an article and making decisions about their masterful plan to take over the country why don't you actually say hello and make your own decisions regarding Muslims? "

yes this is the first step in resolving our differences, instead of making assumptions about or aligning with media reports on islam , why dont you go out first hand and speak to people in your own area and see what they are like.

edit on 7-4-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Vilified black culture, you can't be serious? Gun violence is hardly prevalent or relevant in Britain yet our youth are obsessed with American trends due to it's huge exposure in our controlled media.

The few "terrorist" attacks carried out by lone Muslims in the UK are exactly that, isolated incidents carried out by folk with extremist views and hardly the sentiment of the overall Muslim community who integrate just as well into our country as any other minority.

Our white christian children see materialistic, violent rappers as role models more so than radical Muslim clerics, that is my point. Both are promoting the same negative message but one is degenerating our traditional culture far more than the other.

The argument i'm making is that there are far more dangerous and more popularised cultural trends which pose a bigger threat to the traditional christian family than Islam. Islam is seen as the enemy, not something Christian children aspire to. Selling drugs, running guns, having casual sex with women who are treated as objects, that's right up their street in the poor mans Britain.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Are you arguing that black rap culture is a greater threat to the UK than radical Islamists?
You got figures to support that? You know, excluding gang on gang killings of course.
I'd love to know how many radical Islamists the security services are monitoring compared to punk gang members in council estates.
Perhaps you should become a special advisor for MI6?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yes, yes i do :

Wiki will sum it up better however this is from the Office for national statistics :

Wiki Link

Figures from the Office for National Statistics showed that in 2007 an estimated 10.6 percent of London's population of 7,556,900 were black.[23] Evidence shows that the black population in London boroughs increases with the level of deprivation, and that the level of crime also increases with deprivation, such that "It is clear that ethnicity, deprivation, victimisation and offending are closely and intricately inter-related".[24]

In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 2] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent crimes in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; and for gun crimes, 67 percent.[25] Robbery, drug use, and gang violence have been associated with black people since the 1960s.[26] In the 1980s and 1990s, the police associated robbery with black people. In 1995, the Metropolitan Police commissioner Paul Condon said that the majority of robberies in London were committed by black people.[27]

Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob, and snatching property. Black males accounted for 29 percent of the male victims of gun crime and 24 percent of the male victims of knife crime.[25] Similar statistics were recorded for females. On knife crime, 45 percent of suspected female perpetrators were black; for gun crime, 58 percent; and for robberies, 52 percent.[28]

Operation Trident was set up in March 1998 by the Metropolitan Police to investigate gun crime in London's black community after black-on-black shootings in Lambeth and Brent.[29]

Between April 2005 and January 2006, figures from the Metropolitan Police Service showed that black people accounted for 46 percent of car-crime arrests generated by automatic number plate recognition cameras.[30]

In London in 2006, 75% of the victims of gun crime and 79% of the suspects were "from the African/Caribbean community."[31]

You can check yourself on the governments own website:

Government figures

Nice little info graphic for you just to drive home the point :

Race crimes per percentage of population

edit on 7/4/17 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

But speaking of someone not from London, if I visit the capital I just avoid those #ty areas. Black and white gangs in deprived areas generally just stab each other.
When gangs start blowing buses up, or mowing down people in tourist areas I'd see the same threat as well.
Fact is only radical Muslims appear to be a threat to my life in tourist parts of London.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Murder is murder, just because you seem to covet the life of a tourist in a rich area more than life in a deprived area doesn't make the crime any different.

Per 1000 members of the population who identify as Muslim within the UK comparatively with whites and blacks they commit far fewer crimes, simply a case of their crimes being highlighted and portrayed as more of a danger due to our war on Islam which is exactly what it is.

Just remember we have been meddling in the middle east for decades, killing and maiming children with laser guided bombs and artillery shells is no less of a crime.

For an Iraqi who has lost multiple family members to British and American bombs i am sure you are the terrorist. Would you like to be tarred with that brush, a killer and terrorist because of the policy of our leaders? This is what happens to the Muslim population. Our illegal wars are more terrifying for the Iraqi and Afghan civilians under constant bombardment than you worrying about if its safe to pop into Starbucks for an Espresso and read of the financial times.
edit on 7/4/17 by Grenade because: Added last sentence

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

But speaking of someone not from London, if I visit the capital I just avoid those #ty areas. Black and white gangs in deprived areas generally just stab each other.
When gangs start blowing buses up, or mowing down people in tourist areas I'd see the same threat as well.
Fact is only radical Muslims appear to be a threat to my life in tourist parts of London.

Our government "blow # up" and shoot people in our name everyday. Mainly Muslims in their own countries. Don't see it reported much on the TV tho as it doesn't fit the agenda of the scary Arabs with their disregard for human life.

Google how many innocent Iraqi civilians have died then compare it to the number of British killed by "terrorism". Then decide who is more dangerous.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Why would I choose to live in a #ty part of Britain? I ran away from a #ty part decades ago and slept the streets for half a year until I could get sorted. Gangs in #ty areas are no potential problem for me, it's Liverpool gangs who bring the drugs in here anyway so London is even less relevant.

Nope, if I'm visiting tourist areas in London I do not imagine some low level non Muslim street robber from Tower Hamlets is gonna mow me down in a car or blow my bus up.
That would be silly.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So are you saying there is no problem with Islamic extremism in the UK?
Simple yes or no would help me understand you minus the deflections.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It's a problem of our own making and a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Seems waste of a discussion forum to provide one word answers but if you want a simplified life then here goes:

YES

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

So are you saying there is no problem with Islamic extremism in the UK?
Simple yes or no would help me understand you minus the deflections.

Would you agree British and American Imperialism is a problem and danger for the civilians of Arab countries, especially those with predominantly Islamic beliefs? More specifically those with valuable resources and strategic importance?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh that is interesting.
Just to clarify, you believe there is no problem with radical islamists in the UK?
How many killings in the name of warped religious interpretation does it take for you to consider any problem?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yes I agree.
But how is that question relevant if you are claiming there is no problem with radical islamists?

*edit*
It seems to me you are making a chicken/egg argument while denying existence of the chicken. Lol.
edit on 7.4.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I've lived in Brixton for a loooong time. Gangs were always a thing here, way before kids latched onto American hiphop culture. It might provide a vehicle and a distinguishable identity but it's far from being the cause.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Read the thread title, it suggest English tradition is being taken over and destroyed by Islamic culture which is simply not true.

My point is there are far more dangerous threats to our way of life, more specifically our own government policy.

The majority of migration from Islamic countries to Europe is a result of European and American wars.

If we stop bombing their homeland maybe they wouldn't run here to get away?

The safest place to run to in a one sided war is the country that is bombing you.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Personally I'd prefer to deal with a scouse gang member here in the South West who only cares about profit.
Screw dealing with a cult member who is driven by religious ideology.
Scouse guy just wants payment, not conversion or death in revenge for government actions.
Far easier to deal with scouse guy.
edit on 7.4.2017 by grainofsand because: stupid auto correct

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Both motivated by meaningless pieces of paper offering salvation so equally as dangerous.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What are you talking about, i agreed that muslim extremism is a problem?

A problem of our own making.

Read what i type before telling me what i think.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Nope, just pay the scouse gang on time and they are cool to trade with.
Radical islamists require conversion or death, that is much more difficult to find trade agreement with.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I hear ya! There is no reasoning with these people at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join