It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pretentious Letter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If I am a reflection of my enemy, does that mean I'm at war with myself? If we are all a reflection of each other, are we only at war with ourselves? As one becomes victorious, another is left defeated, how long before a self inflicting wound becomes a permanent scar? It seems that the burden of ego, can only grow heavier the further the distance between our differences, how far until you no longer recognize yourself? Pride is bleak, so I hope this letter can find its intended before they lose themselves completely.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Leadership through the service. The people around us can be a great source of happiness and fulfillment if we are just brave enough to find out what they want or need.

edit on 2-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think the answer lies in not being a reflection of someone's light but being the source of illumination.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think the answer lies in not being a reflection of someone's light but being the source of illumination.

Kinda like Im the gasoline to someone elses lighter in an arson situation... I get it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well said, wisdom from the old fart himself

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

edit on 3-4-2017 by mericks74 because: oop..

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm not a reflection of my enemy.

I am a reflection of myself, who is not my enemy.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Reflection of self or not - why choose to have enemies? Harbouring ill will towards others marks one's soul eventually.

As individuals we are conflicted with our thoughts, will and emotions to the point that we function ineffectively.

I know not who my enemies are because they have not revealed themselves nor their intentions.
It is my practice not to pick my enemies, rather, let them reveal themselves as enemies and deal with the outcome.

ganjoa

top topics

join