It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Muslim Ban Time! DoJ Will Petition SCOTUS This Week to Hear the Case.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Exactly! But dont talk to me about lefties! I dont think my stomache could handle it! If it were really a muslim ban than there would be alot more countries banned than there are. We mustn't buy into the lingoisms of the MSM!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

It was a temporary ban and the time frame has nearly expired.
It's not going anywhere.
The Scutus isn't trumps toy. They defend the constitution.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It's nearly expired silly.
Date is from signing.
It's being halted in the courts doesn't matter.
edit on 432017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Let's look it up...
I never depend on someone else's research on here. I research it myself.
Just saying. Something like that should be easy to confirm or debunk.

www.bing.com...

Syria 10% of the population is Christian and the population is 18.50 million in 2015 puts it at 1,850,000 Christians in Syria.

In 2016 estimates were 3.3 million Muslims in the United States.
www.bing.com...

So turns out that guy is wrong. There are not more Christians in Syria than Muslims in the U.S..

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: D8Tee

Let's look it up...
I never depend on someone else's research on here. I research it myself.
Just saying. Something like that should be easy to confirm or debunk.

www.bing.com...

Syria 10% of the population is Christian and the population is 18.50 million in 2015 puts it at 1,850,000 Christians in Syria.

In 2016 estimates were 3.3 million Muslims in the United States.
www.bing.com...

So turns out that guy is wrong. There are not more Christians in Syria than Muslims in the U.S..

By percentage of population there is.

Which is what I think he was getting at.

edit on -050004am4kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

NOT what he said.
He said there were more Christians in Syria than Muslims in the U.S..
He didn't say by percentage of populations.
Don't be adding your own set of parameters and say that's what someone else meant.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Ok, well, it's not really a muslim ban now is it, but I thought I better use the lefty lingo so they could understand the reaming they're going to get this month.

This week Gorsuch will be confirmed and the DoJ will petition the supreme court to hear the travel ban PI. It will probably be heard by mid month with a ruling not long after, expect it to be heavily in favor of President Trump.

Upon that decision, I expect the travel ban will be made permanent, which of course will be quite the triggering! It's going to be a fantastic month for our president and our country!

What do you mean by the term 'lefty lingo'? On the campaign trail it was Trump that said 'We will ban all Muslims...', so that means Trump and therefore the Republicans were then referring to a Muslim ban.

Not sure why people try and pretend certain things weren't said.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You do know that the judges that overturned this did so because of words spoken by trump and Giuliani don't you?
They are weighing everything from the written EO and his actions. Not just the written order.
They know as we all do that trump want to ban Muslims. He has an issue with the religion.
Clear as day.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Based on how many in the past?
Zero...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wow OP have the courage of your convictions at least.
Start a thread and then post three times and abandon the thread.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They have to prove the intent of the EO is to ban Muslims. The EO itself does not do that. How would you prove intent? You do that with a testimony under oath.

link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Ok, well, it's not really a muslim ban now is it, but I thought I better use the lefty lingo so they could understand the reaming they're going to get this month.

This week Gorsuch will be confirmed and the DoJ will petition the supreme court to hear the travel ban PI. It will probably be heard by mid month with a ruling not long after, expect it to be heavily in favor of President Trump.

Upon that decision, I expect the travel ban will be made permanent, which of course will be quite the triggering! It's going to be a fantastic month for our president and our country!

Well someone has set them self up for a spectacular disappointment.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The nations involved with the ban do not have an adequate vetting process for potential terrorists.

How many terrorists have been refugees or immigrants again?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The nations involved with the ban do not have an adequate vetting process for potential terrorists.

How many terrorists have been refugees or immigrants again?

I know ... I know...
None.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like there's gonna be a filibuster blocking pick. So SCOTUS won't be hearing any thing on this.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That number is irrelevant. The point is potential. How many people killed in Syria? Half a million. That's not a small number in my books.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Sorry but trumps actions and words were used to issue the ban in conjunction with the written order. Pretend all you want. The judge said so plain as day.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

That number is irrelevant. The point is potential. How many people killed in Syria? Half a million. That's not a small number in my books.

The number of zero refugee terrorists coming to this country and committing terrorism is irrelevant when discussing vetting procedures for refugees? Nice mental gymnastics you are attempting there.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

0 so far does not imply 0 in the future. They use sleeper cells. They are not stupid enough to attack already. They don't have the numbers to succeed.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Past words cannot be judged. I'm sure every person said racist things in the past one way or another. The issue is the EO, not Trump's past words. The issue is judged on the EO, not on Trump's past words.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join