It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Muslim Ban Time! DoJ Will Petition SCOTUS This Week to Hear the Case.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, well, it's not really a muslim ban now is it, but I thought I better use the lefty lingo so they could understand the reaming they're going to get this month.

This week Gorsuch will be confirmed and the DoJ will petition the supreme court to hear the travel ban PI. It will probably be heard by mid month with a ruling not long after, expect it to be heavily in favor of President Trump.

Upon that decision, I expect the travel ban will be made permanent, which of course will be quite the triggering! It's going to be a fantastic month for our president and our country!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Sounds like the muslims from those 7 countries are the reason for the current state of the country judging by your enthousiasm. Hopefully the healthcare system, economy, educational system, collusion etc... Will be fixed once those people can no longer come to the USA RIGHT?

I actually think this stupid ban should pass. Just so this President can start working on important stuff.
edit on 62017Sundaypm430Sun, 02 Apr 2017 18:02:28 -0500America/Chicagov02 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's a nationality ban, not a Muslim ban. None of these 7 countries is completely Muslim.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Do you expect this guy to know there is more Christians in Syria than muslims in the USA?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It was supposed to be a 90 day ban. How many of the 90 days have passed?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

None.

It has not gone into effect yet, silly.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

Do you expect this guy to know there is more Christians in Syria than muslims in the USA?

Where you getting your numbers from?

Try backing that up with sources please...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I didn't see the problem with it in the first place.
Should have just let him have his 90 days.

But people like to virtue signal, and its Trump.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

Sounds like the muslims from those 7 countries are the reason for the current state of the country judging by your enthousiasm. Hopefully the healthcare system, economy, educational system, collusion etc... Will be fixed once those people can no longer come to the USA RIGHT?

I actually think this stupid ban should pass. Just so this President can start working on important stuff.

On average, each Middle Eastern refugee resettled in the United States costs an estimated $64,370 in the first five years, or $257,481 per household.
IT wouldn't help.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The nations involved with the ban do not have an adequate vetting process for potential terrorists.

I figure it would be in everyone's best interests to create a vetting process in-line with the nations involved to insure everyone's safety.

But some people who are against this probably think that it is an infringement of the rights of terrorists to kill innocent people.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

We don't know how many Christians there are in Syria. Since 1970 Syria census does not have the religion question. The most recent Syria census had Christians at 14%.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

None.

It has not gone into effect yet, silly.

What are the odds of a terrorist attack, launched from one of those 7 countries, in any 90 day window, during an 8 year administration?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

0. Jihadists may talk tough, but they don't dare fight the US. If the launch an attack, the US would mobilize millions of soldiers and slaughter all of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Nope. Uncle Sam needs a boogeyman to keep us scared. Kill all the terrorists and they'd have to invent a new one.
Hmmm....Maybe Russia?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Deleted
edit on 2-4-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. Ban will be permanent until the threat subsides.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
It's a nationality ban, not a Muslim ban

Careful. The extremists might hear you.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Ok, well, it's not really a muslim ban now is it, but I thought I better use the lefty lingo so they could understand the reaming they're going to get this month.

This week Gorsuch will be confirmed and the DoJ will petition the supreme court to hear the travel ban PI. It will probably be heard by mid month with a ruling not long after, expect it to be heavily in favor of President Trump.

Upon that decision, I expect the travel ban will be made permanent, which of course will be quite the triggering! It's going to be a fantastic month for our president and our country!

Is there a source for this story?

I don't doubt it is the probable course of events.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Since Chriatians tend to also procreate it puts us at 3-4 million christians in Syria.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Gorsuch doesn't change the balance of the court and is no trump lap dog either.

Hey I remember how easy it was going to be to install the hard right agenda with republicans across the board. Remember that? They'll pass everything. Ha ha...
Turns out these guys CAN think for themselves and listen to their constituents. And they didn't just fold to trumps bully pulpit.

I believe that with the panel of justices on the court now and in the future it will still be capable of moderate decisions.
Oh and the supreme court will uphold the constitution. NOT the president.
That's not how the law or government works. If his EO is unconstitutional they won't pass it.
They work for the country and pledge an oath to that and the constitution. They don't pledge to back the president no matter what.
edit on 432017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join