It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: What Should the USA do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Because only the dems would allow this scenaro to develop.
If under republican leadership China, the EU, or russia even tried to set foot in North america, or south America for that matter we would respond with all of our military might immediately.

Sounds just like what the Roman Empire did under Julias Ceasar. Wait! Isn't that what Bush and the Republicans are doing now?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by mrmulder]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

War On Terrorism
Discuss The War On Terror, The War With Iraq & The Situation With N. Korea

ECK:

This is a hypothetical situation. What should the USA do if Mexico and Canada were taken over and occupied by Russia and China (with the help of the EU); and were making noise over their displeasure with the US government's policies? Those policies would include the array of mid-eastern & Asia policy, nuclear agreements, immigration, trade and economics.

Wanna clarify how this particular topic, that you have created, has anything remotely to do with what this specific forum outlines?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Because only the dems would allow this scenaro to develop.
If under republican leadership China, the EU, or russia even tried to set foot in North america, or south America for that matter we would respond with all of our military might immediately.

Sounds just like what the Roman Empire did under Julias Ceasar. Wait! Isn't that what Bush and the Republicans are doing now?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by mrmulder]

And if so what exactly is wrong with that?

Why do you people seem to think that drawing a comparison between the US nd the Roman empire is an insult?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
MAN I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER GET BACK TO THIS PAGE IT WOULDNT LET ME POST......it kept giving me an instant confirmation of submission immediately after hitting the reply. Anyone else get this hickup

But back on to what I was trying to say , I was just listening to the news and Libia has received several weapons grade nuke materials from what if I was hearing it right came from Iran can someone confirm this or elaberate further, Because now Lybia and Iran both are going to blow up Europe if this is the case Neither country has the patience nor the diplomacy skills to control a temper that would cause launch of these materials, now I'm really concerned also because Lybia has its own goverment harboured terrorists who just love to hyjack plains, and now they got weapons grade nuke materials , I'm concerned what happens when this stuff gets into the hands of terrorists with a plain , would put a new twist on the 9/11 plain attacks if plains started crashing into buildings with nuke material on board , and even if they are shot down the contamination who be wide spread enough to cause New York , Washington , to glow in the dark for a long while. And even if they were scanned by sattelite thermals they could still get away with it because we often get medical radiological material shipped by plan from other countries, so by the time the plain displayed hostile intent it would be to late to respond cause noone will think anything of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

1) Be really pissed off the democrats were the majority party again.
2) Get my guns . north or south wait
3) spraypaint the word "wolverines" on walls.

I take your comments to be humorous. This tells me, you don't like the question b/c it would cause you to see things a bit differently, no?

yes,
i see you also got to knew "the funny guy" mwm1331,
answering to questions with humor and sarcasm.

hehe
i also like this trick question of yours.
really smart indeed.
give them a taste of their owm medicine!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Comming from a guy who doesn't know the difference between "race" and "religon" thats pretty rich souljah.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by mwm1331]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As a Canadian I would say that we wouldn't roll over, I would become an insurgent (for lack of a better term, maybe "freedom fighter")

As for the US they SHOULD help, they claim to be the defenders of freedom.

But what I think would happen is that they would defend us, but then they would make the agrument that they need to stay, and effectively occupy us in much the same way they profess to be against

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, who cares about Mexico..hell probably would be doing us a favor

Canada will never be occupied by anyone but the U.S., she's our bi***, just kidding

Seriously, if either counrty were attacked, we would respond in kind. And if you want to make points on how Iran is in the same spot, good. I say, if Iran thinks they can take us...by all means, lets finally get this BS over with.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Not sure, but Sam Walton would be pissed, as well as Carnival crusie lines. Seriously.....

1. Our infrastruture would begin to collapse without the cheap goods we import from other countires by cutting off trade routes to Mexico and the far east. This would lead to rioting, an unstable economy and soaring unemployment in the first 6 months I would think. Not a good scenario.

2. While we were attmepting to bring back our troops, they could viably attack overseas and wipe out the troops coming back home on ships or in the air .

3. Red Dawn anyone???

[edit on 2-2-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Canada is a NATO ally so would be treaty-bound to assist them repel any foreign invasion.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And if so what exactly is wrong with that?

You mean what's wrong with being the Superpower of the world? Alot of things. Absolute power corrupts. Haven't you ever heard of that saying? When you become the powerful you can make everyone bow down before you and fear you.

Why do you people seem to think that drawing a comparison between the US nd the Roman empire is an insult?

It's not an insult. I'm comparing them because they are so similar in thier methods of obtaining more power.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It's not an insult. I'm comparing them because they are so similar in thier methods of obtaining more power.

I dont know of any major world powers that gained power in any other way.
The fact is I think we should be more like the ancient romans.
Muscles left unused wither and die.
"war is of vital importance to the state"
"the true aim of war is peace"

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If its a fact then prove it.
If you could hell if anyone could, Bush would be impeached.
If he had lied and ther was proof Kerry would have used it.

I just love it when simple threads get turned into policitcal Bush /Kerry battles its like watching cartoons on tv when you really want to watch the news/ come one guys where does Bush or Kerry , Democrate or Republican matter here. This hypothetical situation if realized as true would put all our but in the sling and govermental parties would not be the first thing on my mind when I grab my gun to defend my homeland nor would the bickerwith an outside agencies approval from the EU, UN or anyone else if they come I'm going to get as many as I can before I down, I hate to say it but I would even consider using the tactics being used very effectively against our boys in Iraq against an invading enemy only as far as IED and un manned car bombs etc go NO SUICIDE OR HOMICIDE bombs are ever acceptible to fight an enemy, Nor is any action taken that causes intentional harm to innocents but the enemy soldiers better look out because I will go Osama or Insurgent on their Butts.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You mean what's wrong with being the Superpower of the world? Alot of things. Absolute power corrupts. Haven't you ever heard of that saying? When you become the powerful you can make everyone bow down before you and fear you.
someones gotta be the biggest kid on the block, better us than them.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I dont know of any major world powers that gained power in any other way.
The fact is I think we should be more like the ancient romans.
Muscles left unused wither and die.
"war is of vital importance to the state"
"the true aim of war is peace"

Are you saying the only way maintain peace is to have superpower in the world? What if that superpower became corrupt? Can you really risk it? Whatever happened to the balance of power?

I do not believe war is the only way to peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

better us than them.

I'm confused. Why is better for us than them?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thats why we are the most suited to be the superpower MrMulder. Our system of government means that there will always be opposition to the people in power whether they are democrat republican libertarian etc.
In addition our culture of personal freedom ensure (or was meant to at least) that the people have the abillity to remove the government by force if necessary.
Finally the American people as a whole just dont have much interest in conquest, no matter how much that might dissapoint me persoanlly.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thats why we are the most suited to be the superpower MrMulder. Our system of government means that there will always be opposition to the people in power whether they are democrat republican libertarian etc.
In addition our culture of personal freedom ensure (or was meant to at least) that the people have the abillity to remove the government by force if necessary.
Finally the American people as a whole just dont have much interest in conquest, no matter how much that might dissapoint me persoanlly.

Well, you make a good point and you seem confident that the U.S. will not abuse the powers it has. At this point in time however, I'm not so sure. But that's just my opinion. Only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Truth be told MRMulder I feel the PNAC, the neo-cons, and Bush has it right. We as the strongest nation on the planet have a responsibility to ensure the liberties of others. If that needs be done by force then so be it.
BTW those quotes were respectivly the very first and very last line of "The art of War"
2500 years later and it still makes sense.

I truly believe that one day historians will look back at the beginning of this millenia and realise that the actons the US is taking today are responsible for an age of peace unmatched in history.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One thing I learned in life and in war, is that things can always get worse. I'm not being pessimistic. It's just a simple truth. Having said that..

Something many people fail to realize, being drunk with pride and arrogance, is that all empires have fallen, largely due to their own greed and avarice. It is foolish to assume the Unites States is special in that respect.

There are different forms of warfare. The most potent, in my opinion, is economic. If you don't got denero, you can't buy fuel. If you can't buy or get fuel, you can't run your tanks and bombers. If you can't do that, you're screwed. No air, no control.

If the world's powers (assorted OPEC nations, a solidified EU, China, Russia et al) decided to gang up on the USA economically, we'd be in more than trouble. If OPEC switched their petroleum currency to the Euro, the shyte would hit the fan here. To level a blow to us like that would be devastating in many ways. And.. it would be an excellent opportunity for Chinese and Russian forces to invade (as per the scenario).

What's worse, our troops are everywhere but here at home. Our civilian population would be forced to defend itself against the invaders. In essence, according to NEO CON logic, we would become INSURGENTS. Afterall, in the scenario I laid out, China and Russia would be coming to liberate us from our tryannical government.

I, for one, would fight them to the death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join