It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US election season is long enough to make sure a crook is not president

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: MotherMayEye

If a 3rd party gets 5%, deep state will refuse to give funding. They prevent a 3rd party from participating in debate. They can assassinate a 3rd party candidate if he or she becomes a threat.

They would have to change the rules.

And I don't succumb to speculative fears,like that. My biggest fear is that a Republican or Democrat will win and no third party will get 5% of the vote, and I pretty much accept it as the certain outcome every time.

I have nothing to lose by voting for a third party.
edit on 2-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: allsee4eye

It is very long but we still end up with a scum bag every time.

Not sure how you have not recieved a star or 10 for that comment but I award you the first of many I hope, its a simple truth for us all

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I agree what you say when red/blue would not give up so easily. There's an aspect of red/blue that make them one in and of the same... and it shines brightly whenever a 3rd party shows signs of promise. Then, the red/blue are magically in full agreement to any and everything the promising 3rd party stand for.

But, while bullets being sent to whom are planned, they will not be able to stand next to these new influences and spew the same brainwashing BS that we see time and time again. The platforms of the red/blue are naturally forced to show their true colors when more choices become available.

That's why the 5% popular vote for a 3rd party is so crucial... to let the red/blue know that we're here and not going anywhere.

Watch, Jesse Ventura will run in 2020 on this very premise... and he already has my vote if he does so. I don't care about the past... I feel we need to force the true hand of the red/blue.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

After the Ross Perot fiasco in 1992, deep state knows how to deal with independent candidates.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

These feel like veiled threats to anyone thinking about voting third party. It's bugging me and I apologize if that's not your intent.

You should be supporting anyone who wants to vote for a third party candidate.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I can't disagree with that.

I often think back to when Pat Buchanan entered the Reform party, dismantled it, then returned to the former party as if nothing ever happened. On that subject in fact, Donald Trump was considered as a Reform party strength when Buchanan tore them up. Some part of me, even though I would never vote red/blue, was wondering if all the hate Trump dished back to the Republicans throughout the campaign was retribution for what Buchanan did to the Reform party.

There's a chance Trump became a Republican with hopes of nothing more than to create turmoil within the party structure. It's a sellout way of doing things, but Trump shows he is willing to sell out for money. I think the real political hero will be the one who best makes the masses understand that their political milk is tainted... not moles and back door techniques like we see.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Third party is not centrist. Look at Marine Le Pen, an independent, but what does she stand for? Democrats and Republicans are centrists. Green party is extremist version of Democrat. Libertarian is extremist version of Republican. Ross Perot is a demagogue. Hitler was a demagogue. Only centrists like Democrats and Republicans are safe.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
There's a chance Trump became a Republican with hopes of nothing more than to create turmoil within the party structure.

Honestly, has he shown anything but contempt for the Republican party since he announced he was running as one? I find it incredibly hard to believe he is a Republican.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Third party is not centrist. Look at Marine Le Pen, an independent, but what does she stand for? Democrats and Republicans are centrists. Green party is extremist version of Democrat. Libertarian is extremist version of Republican. Ross Perot is a demagogue. Hitler was a demagogue. Only centrists like Democrats and Republicans are safe.

Libertarian is not 'extremist' republican. They are, in short, socially liberal and fiscally conservative. They are pretty centrist.

But who brought up 'centrists?' I just want the Republicans and Democrats to have to actually compete with other parties on a level playing field.

Democrats and Republicans aren't centrists...they are corrupt elitists who collude and conspire against the public.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

What pedos were busted in cali? I'm also assuming there was some kind of ongoing investigation that Trump had no part of.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban
All of you that only decided between Trump and Hillary... this is your fault to bear.

I'm happy to take the blame for electing this president, who is currently doing a fairly good job in the White House.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
When you have a gullible public. Doesn't matter how long they have.

This time even many at ATS let their gullibility flags fly. And they're still running those ridiculous things up the flag pole every day.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: ttobban

Green party is an extremist version of Democratic party. Libertarian party is an extremist version of Republican party. Libertarian allows polygamy. Um, no thanks, not my taste. A true independent candidate would be someone like Ross Perot, and you know what deep state did to him when he was leading Bush and Clinton in the polls.

So polygamy is your reason to vote or not to vote on a candidate.

Not that it would be required for you to practice it, but that some people would not like the government to participate in their personal matters.

A true independent candidate would keep politics out of the bedroom and out of the family structure.

You know, like liberals used to preach before they became the cult of Progressives. Like actual conservatives still believe.

You are not a friend of liberty.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Theyd be out of candidate choices if corrupt criminals didnt run .

No such animal as an honest politician .

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

... It is long enough to dig up any dirt a candidate possibly has. No dirt has been found on Trump from June 2015 until January 20, 2017, so what does that tell you?

It tells me that nobody thought that the american people would be crazy enough to vote for a Trump instead for a real president(that would have been Berny Sanders, without Clintons foul play). So nobody thought he really has to search for Trumps dirt.

But now they do, and there is a lot of dirt in Trumps history. The only thing is, all that has nothing to do with his POTUS election. That he was elected is the fault of the american voting system. And for sure the fault of those that didn´t vote and more than ever those that voted for him, just to "kick the establishment in the back"...

Good thing is, since Trumps regency the german rightwinger party AfD loses voters(and i bet the Trump effect doesn´t hit only Germany). Because the former USA showed the world what happens if you bring clueless big mouths into power, that lie to you like the established parties, but would make everything even more worse than now, if in power.

Look at the Divided States of America! Look at Poland! Look at Hungary! Look at those countries where rightwinger parties are in power! The people there are fed to the backteeth and protest!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
So what happened this time then?
System failure.
Abort abort...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If by "crook" you mean Hillary Clinton then yes are election season is plenty long enough to see that we weaded out the loosers and made the right choice. Its time to stop wining and start winning.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

I would never vote Libertarian because they allow polygamy. That is straight up and personal. I don't mind LGBTQ. I don't mind pot. Polygamy crosses the line.
edit on 3-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

i know it's hecka off topic but as a lesbian with two girlfriends i can't help wonder why you're fine with some of what i get up to in the bedroom but feel it necessary to declare some of it off limits. i mean after all, none of it's in your bedroom, all mine [and my girlfriends obvs].
why with the lines in the sand?

i've got nothing fruitful to say about the appalling ongoing slow motion trainwreck that is the american political system. end it. end it all. start again.
edit on 3-4-2017 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

When did my views of polygamy get mentioned in this political thread? I recall... NEVER. Then your post goes on to do nothing more than finger point specifics about things you don't like... just pure craziness that is part of what is normal in the craziness of the blue/red politics as it is. To even stretch your opinions so far as to say another is or is not a friend of liberty... wow.

I am perfectly content that Americans vote for who they wish for. I'd never be fake and say my views are more important than another voters. But, I also don't have to agree with your choices. Never does that include the feeling to belittle another, and make another feel as if their dumber than another opinion.

The problems that I see in posts like this, and the OP's points... are that your opinions are stretching too far into another's comfort zones... all to appease what you want for yourselves. How about you vote the way you want, and the rest of the Americans get to vote for who they want... and WHY they want. Citizens only have the rights to formulate lawful order within their property boundaries, and they vary drastically with 300 million people involved. The groups invading properties outside their own are a cancer to society.

Call, me stupid, dumb, an idiot... I don't really care. But, to label me any bit a part of these groups people make up to stereotype people more and more, and create divide, is only doing yourself good. There's things I am conservative on, and there's things I am liberal on. The fact that the red/blue feel a need to have a title for each and every political view point, then bundle the view into a folder of hate is just nonsense.

As soon as you people start bringing up these stupid titles for thoughts and opinions of 300 million, I can't process what you are all saying as any bit intelligent, I'm sorry. The red/blue supporters are just nothing but hatred and stalled progress.

See how I had to spend time talking about specifics when my initial views were more broad in scope? Nothing but a bunch of gas lighting to create confusion. What's not being seen, is those that divorced the red/blue look inside the circle and see nothing but a soap opera that has no end in sight. Keep on dreaming that the NEXT one voted in is magically going to dig the 2 parties back into a unified progress.

Look at the scene... people are still protesting because people are stuck in the 'lesser of evil' choices. The second a vote might be made based on who I hate the least, the alarm bells internally ring off... well, vote for something you do want then, because if I am voting for what I hate the least, then I am probably not doing my vote justice. However, I don't get sucked into the elephant/donkey parades, so different strokes for different folks.

I'm proud of what I vote for. And, I don't go out and protest the red/blue beyond giving my 2 cents on things. But watch, as soon as a 3rd party makes any bit of headway, we will see the worst of the red/blue's behavior... these entry level hate speeches are just warm ups for when the influence of legacy is removed from politics. I can understand the harsh fall to reality though... I'd expect a huge wake up call if I were stuck within the vortex, thinking all I feel and believe is the best for all too.

I pulled myself out of the daycare fighting because I will be cool and collected when it falls apart... laughing while others cry.
edit on 3-4-2017 by ttobban because: ...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join