It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US election season is long enough to make sure a crook is not president

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The US election season is the longest in the world. A lot longer than the election season of any other country. Trump started running on June 16, 2015 and didn't become president until January 20, 2017. That's more than 1 and a half years. The US election season is designed this way to make sure a crook does not become president. It is long enough to dig up any dirt a candidate possibly has. No dirt has been found on Trump from June 2015 until January 20, 2017, so what does that tell you?
edit on 2-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

It doesn't matter how long it is if people continue to vote red or blue only.

What does the length of things matter if the supposed answers are to come from ONLY blue or red tie wearers?

All of you that only decided between Trump and Hillary... this is your fault to bear.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It tells you he 's clean , a germophobe , in fact .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

It doesn't matter how long it is if people continue to vote red or blue only.

What does the length of things matter if the supposed answers are to come from ONLY blue or red tie wearers?

All of you that only decided between Trump and Hillary... this is your fault to bear.

Who else would you vote for? I hold a lot of libertarian views, and think we need an infusion of libertarianism....but Gary Johnson was an idiot. His cluelessness was scary. I was for him based on princple alone. Then he lost me with his complete lack of awareness of basic things, like what Aleppo is.

Who else put themselves out there?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
He trades on his name , Trump . Hotels with his name on arern't necessarily his hotels , but they rent his name . His name , therefore , means more to him than anything else , his source of money : his good name: must remain sacred . It could be he stumbled across the true value of good morals this way , and he deserves to be rich, powerful , successful too if he has weighed that value truly . He might well have done just that , or he is absolutely scrupulous about not getting found out .
He is actually a good egg imo , actually is (quite rare).
Were 474 probable pedo ringers arrested in cali alone along with 28 victims rescued , just after he took office ? Yep . That's a man with the right priorties . Is he breaking up human trafficking rings the previous admin must certainly have known about , since he became president ? Yes he is . You should be glad of Trump , wish him well in his difficult work . Surely not having a Clinton puppet like Obama must count for something too.

edit on 2-4-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's long enough to ensure those with the money and power can bury all questions and persist longer than non-corrupt, independent candidates can.

Wa hoo.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hillay had 1.2 billion in funds. Trump had 600 million in funds. This is not what an independent candidate can come up with.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Hillay had 1.2 billion in funds. Trump had 600 million in funds. This is not what an independent candidate can come up with.

Correct. We have a very long, expensive election process that only the very wealthy, backed by the two major parties, can compete in.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Because the masses are too ignorant and inept to do anything but be spoon fed information.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Right. And just the amount spent on private investigators to dig up dirt must have been in the hundreds of millions.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It is very long but we still end up with a scum bag every time.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Because the masses are too ignorant and inept to do anything but be spoon fed information.

The masses are not brave enough to vote for anyone except a two-party candidate. They think their vote will be wasted when, in fact, if a third party got 5% of the vote, we could tear down the two-party system and start to level the playing field.

The night before the election I checked the polling in my state. It was polling overwhelmingly for Trump (and it was one of the first two states called for him on election night).

So, I decided to vote for Johnson...not because I thought he might win, but because the Libertarians were polling at 4.7% nationwide the night before. My cause of 5% of the vote did not win. But it was still the best way to cast my vote. My conscience is clear.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Right, right... I get it... but they're ALL idiots. Hell, we are all each our own level of idiot, so let's not put anybody up on that pedestal please. So, what is the point of repeating idiots, as compared to at least attempting to dig one self out of quick sand?

I agree, I did not like Johnson's views... but I still voted for him. Why you ask? Because, the limitations of the 2 party system are so hindering, that when the band aid gets ripped off, its going to really really hurt because the scab under it is so well formed. The longer we wait, the longer it takes to heal and the more its going to hurt.

My goal with voting for Johnson this past election was not for him to seat the presidency... it was to establish 5% popular vote so 3rd party funding for future elections was distributed more evenly... without the 5%, the red and blue stranglehold all the campaign funds as they are so good at doing. Now, the next time we vote, because a 3rd party failed to get 5% popular vote this election, the hills of other parties entering the races are all the more steeper and harder to climb. You mean to tell me that 5% of the population did not want to see either Trump or Clinton win does not exist? It did exist, but Americans are so blind to the realities that the red/blue as a whole (with no counter measures) is the biggest flaw in our politics.

When the 3rd party gets a platform equal to the red/blue one... red/blue campaigns are then forced to turn their policies to fit all Americans, and not stay limited to their affiliations. Keep voting red/blue... they want that more than they even care if red/blue wins... its just easier for the red/blue to know that Americans are brain washed by politicians. Why is it the red/blue politicians equate to living in 5 of the top 10 American counties? They make no goods or provide services... they are policy makers.

But, red/blue idiot voters... which is almost all voters, have no legs to stand on when they say that Johnson sucked more than what we see now. I did not vote the current schmucks into office, therefore I bare no blame. The fear of what's on the other side of abolishing the current party system drive red/blue votes... I get it. But, deciding red/blue is a vote for our own wants/choices... at some point in time our votes should be steered by what we want for future generations. I don't care what I want... I want better for future generations, and I don't care if I have to add hardships to my life to achieve it.

Left, right, extreme, conservative, genius, smart... I could really care less. Why is one person the focus so much in an economy that is 300 million members strong. I don't want a candidate that has an answer for everything... its called being human. I want more options... plain and simple.
edit on 2-4-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

edit on 2-4-2017 by ttobban because: added comments...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wow... thank you so much for seeing through the fog of red/blue. I didn't care who won, as long as I was contributing to 5% pop vote, I keep a clear conscious.

Come next election, I already stamped my vote on the strongest 3rd party candidate... I urge red/blue historical voters to do the same. The quicker we get this political revolution over with, the less it will hurt.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

A third party candidate would probably get a bullet in the head if he / she miraculously wins. Don't expect the deep state to give up power.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The US election season is long enough to make sure a crook is not president

Is completely illogical!
And the sort of desperate irrational 'vindication' that 'believers' constantly need, emotionally!
The problem with having to support a 'belief infection' is that it inhibits cognitive and intellectual function, as demonstrated by the lack of logic in the op.
Your blindness to Trump is not my blindness (to his corruption).
At no point was there any doubt, and every word and action further emphasizes his corruption!
Virtue cannot be faked.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

A third party candidate would probably get a bullet in the head if he / she miraculously wins. Don't expect the deep state to give up power.

No one expects third party candidates to actually win...not right now. We are hoping for 5% of the vote which would mean ballot access and public funding for their party. I'd rather vote to tear down the two party system than for a *winning* Republican or Democrat.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If a 3rd party gets 5%, deep state will refuse to give funding. They prevent a 3rd party from participating in debate. They can assassinate a 3rd party candidate if he or she becomes a threat.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

And, there lays the problems to begin with... probably and expectating anything beyond change is a tactic of fear. What if's should not oversee what has.

I don't expect them to give up power, no... but to allow them the choice to act one way or the other as 3 or more parties enter the arena is a better option than throwing in the towel to their historical actions.

Your points are just proving my points further. What's it matter what the 3rd party member thinks if they are going to get plucked off anyway, huh?

What's unique about today's politics as compared to past tyranny of red/blue is the internet. No longer can the establishment hide their true feelings/actions as the internet allows all to see and judge for themselves. And, what do Americans do? They see through all the B/S, yet still mark their vote for one of them... that is absolute craziness if you ask me. If they are voted in, the people deserve what they get.

If its someone that is willing to take a bullet in the head is what you want as a change to political tyranny, then sign me up. I'd be going down with my beliefs and convictions intact, and I'd no longer have to live the movie 'Idiocracy' in its real life format as I do now.

Honestly, politicians shouldn't be allowed to be affiliated with any party... and instead should be a stat driven campaign strategy we see. Now, that is really a stretch for Americans to conceive though... that's why we should focus on making American voters understand just how brainwashed they are. To eliminate the party system as may be needed instead would just cripple the minds of establishment supporters beyond any chance of repair. For this reason, America requires the daycare approach to a revolution.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Green party is an extremist version of Democratic party. Libertarian party is an extremist version of Republican party. Libertarian allows polygamy. Um, no thanks, not my taste. A true independent candidate would be someone like Ross Perot, and you know what deep state did to him when he was leading Bush and Clinton in the polls.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join