It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Vigilant Guard: Connect the Dots in Georgia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Interesting theory.

I have been stuck on this, the red mercury. At first, I just thought it was a hoax and all. Then, I researched it a little deeper and came across this article discussing red mercury and it really got my attention. It was posted just last February.

The science newsgroups have been abuzz with tales of a 2-kiloton yield Russian red mercury fusion device, theoretically in the possession of terrorists. This, of course, prompts the question: What Is Red Mercury? The answer to this question depends largely on whom you ask. Is red mercury real? Absolutely, but definitions vary. If you had asked me before I did a bit of Internet research, I would have given you the standard cinnabar/vermillion answer. However, the Russian tritium fusion bomb is more interesting... WHAT IS RED MERCURY?

www.thoughtco.com...

So, this stuff could be real.
What was the purpose of this guy walking in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission in downtown Atlanta?

My initial thought's on the overpass collapse was a tanker truck overturned under there and burst into flames.

No, some homeless guys did it.

Really, that's your official story?

Any ways, thank you for making me see this in another way.

I know, right?!

With a chair in a shopping cart.

Who is this guy, McGyver?

The red mercury thing is ringing a bell for some reason but it's probably from a movie.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It seems igniting HDPE isn't that difficult. Flashpoint 430 F.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

HDPE has an HB flammability rating. That's the least flame retardant. Once it's burning, unless it's over a certain thickness, it's going to keep burning. If they started a fire under the overpass, and the other materials under there ignited, and there was quite a bit under there, then eventually the HDPE was going to ignite.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have no doubt that something flammable was burning, and burning badly. I just don't believe in coincidence per se.

A drill in which structural collapse is one of the scenarios. A nuclear emergency was called by gov. Deal for the entire state, and the news is in blackout over this incident. A fire starts in probably the best area possible to mess up traffic and trap people if they need to escape north / northeast. A most odd collapse in which the whole span goes in one piece, and they were cleaning it up so fast that nobody could even examine the area for anything fishy. News videos that have no sound and some are edited.

Getting caught up in the minutiae is simply getting stuck on one dot, preventing connection to the others. But now we know, high density plastic conduit burns easily and hot.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

I have no doubt that something flammable was burning, and burning badly. I just don't believe in coincidence per se.

I believe that most things are coincidence. Or luck, which we call 'probability'.

A drill in which structural collapse is one of the scenarios. A nuclear emergency was called by gov. Deal for the entire state, and the news is in blackout over this incident. A fire starts in probably the best area possible to mess up traffic and trap people if they need to escape north / northeast. A most odd collapse in which the whole span goes in one piece, and they were cleaning it up so fast that nobody could even examine the area for anything fishy. News videos that have no sound and some are edited.

The only similarity I get to 9/11 is that something collapsed due to heat weakening the support structure. Much like 9/11, the steel didn't need to "melt", it weakens and the structure fails. This is not the only bridge in recent history to fail due to fire underneath. And bridge spans are made in neat sections like that. So, yes, you can get one chunk to fail.

And, as you say, it's a bad place for a failure. So of course they're going to clean it up so fast that no one (who were you expecting?) can examine it. It's blocking a major route. Did you think they'd wait a few months?

As far as the guy with the mercury, there wasn't a nuclear emergency called. There was a hazmat emergency called, and because the guy had something that looked like mercury. That said, there is some probability that the red mercury guy was an NPC for the drill, and that's why you suddenly didn't hear anything else about it.

Around Ft Bragg, you don't get missing persons reports on Robin Hayes anymore. The papers are in on it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Fair enough, everybody has their own belief system. However, I'm not trying to make a comparison to 9/11, other than the way it fell seemed off to me. Yes bridges are made in 'spans', but for it to fall exactly flat means that the heat should probably have been equidistant on both sides. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. We'll never really know, now.

Again, one dot in a sequence. Coincidence, or conspiracy, is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Excellent thread FissionSurplus!

Living in the Mountains north of Atlanta, I found this story both interesting, and confusing.

My own personal "feeling" is, this was a staged event, with too many unanswered questions.

Very thought provoking, yet way under reported by news and Government agencies.

Another one of those events where the dots to connect are made to appear as vague as possible.

Many people erasing the dots as quickly as they can.

Now my little pea brain is looking at a much bigger picture. Good Work in investigating and presentation.!

Thanks for the mind bender of the day...

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
...for it to fall exactly flat means that the heat should probably have been equidistant on both sides

You just need to get it to sag enough to come off the bearings on one side, once it goes both sides will fail.

I used to perform infrastructure damage professionally, or as the t-shirt said, 'We blow # up for fun and profit". You don't go after the piers, they're too tough. You blow the decks off the bearings, or knock the bearings out, or you put a line right down the center of the deck so that it'll sag off the bearings.

If you look at other photos of bridges that fail by fire, that's generally what happens. Heat the center of the deck span. The steel will weaken and sag, it pulls the ends in, and eventually one side comes loose. When one starts to fall, the other side will break. It happens fast enough that it looks flat.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well the "Red Mercury" wasn't really Red Mercury after all. That bit of the story was apparently over rather quickly with no arrest. Whatever it was it was not identified according to this story.

www.ajc.com...

The general consensus with Red Mercury is it is a hoax substance generally created to separate individuals from their money. As for the military drills, the military is always drilling somewhere but it is weird the timing of events sometime.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Would your scenario happen on it's on? Or would the flammable material need to be accurately placed for that section of the bridge to burn and collapse in the way it did?

TIA...

Des
edit on 2-4-2017 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
as The Gut said, Mind Blown.
Drill plus Red Mercury plus trash fire that brings down interstate...
I can't help but think something there is related.
many thanks for the thread.

I wonder if the 'red mercury' (which apparently is hoax stuff) was part of the drill (guy in location X has red mercury, cordon off and call hazmat) and the fire hit and things fell apart.
or am I too suspicious?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Here's where I have to encourage people to use their brains rather than accept what the mainstream media tells us. The MSN, in this case the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, says it's no big deal. However, I have some questions:

1. If red mercury is a 'fake thing' designed to separate a fool and his money, did this fool buy it himself? Who did he buy it from and where? How much money was spent on this? Seems to me this wasn't a $20 vial, but something much more expensive.

2. Why would somebody from another country walk in and say they have this, and how did this person know exactly where to go?

3. If purchased overseas, was it smuggled here? If purchased here, was it from a terrorist group or some con man on the take? Wouldn't it be worth it for the FBI to know this? Did it pass through airport security undetected? Or is there a group in the ATL trying to raise money for their nefarious activities?

4. I used to work for DHS immigration, I KNOW what happens when any foreign substance comes through in an envelope. Automatic shutdown of all operations, quarantine of the poor clerk who opened the envelope, completely suited up hazmat team and immediate removal and testing of the substance. They didn't just 'let it go' because it proved to be baking soda or baby powder, it was followed up on and the person who sent it was put through the wringer.

This story doesn't add up, IMHO. Just because the newspaper said it was nothing doesn't mean that I believe them.

Yes, the military does do drills all over, but you can bet that every time something messy happens, they just happen to be in the area doing a drill. The odds are strangely in favor of a drill happening when something goes wrong and they are right there in the center of it.

Some people will see meaning in the dots and connect them, others will not and only see polka dots with no pattern in them at all. To each their own.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No, I don't believe you're too suspicious, not in this day and age. At the end of the day, the people of Atlanta are paying a high price for this fire and bridge collapse, but for everything to go down in one day like that.....during a state-wide NorthComm drill.....I go through everything with a fine tooth comb, and I NEVER take what the MSM tells me as the gospel.

Things are getting weirder by the day. All we have to go on is our ability to logic through these things and ask the deeper questions.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Look on the net. Not long ago I think a truck load of flammables stalled under a bridge and burned, dropping the span. So, no. You put enough thermal energy in fast enough and the steel will weaken and sag. When it does, the concrete underneath will go out of compression and fail.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
So, burning trash under a bridge caused it to collapse? Bull#. I don't buy this # at all. Not even a little. Is the damned bridge made out of wood?

Yeah how many car fires on big bridges have burned the bridge down? Ive seen huge semi fires on bridges and the next day the bridge was still there and traffic driving as per usual.

Something stinks for sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Destinyone

Look on the net. Not long ago I think a truck load of flammables stalled under a bridge and burned, dropping the span. So, no. You put enough thermal energy in fast enough and the steel will weaken and sag. When it does, the concrete underneath will go out of compression and fail.

I'm sure you are correct. There was a fire. The section did fail. This is indisputable. The bigger picture though, is what has me scratching my head in confusion. The future picture, unless this is fixed fast, is terribly bleak for my fellow Georgians who relied on that bridge....and also for me, who uses SR 400 to get to the airport to pick up friends and family when they visit.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bedlam. Thank you for the reply!

It's nice to have a hands on expert in the field, bring a bit of clarity to the overall puzzle.

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I've been all over the country, and our roads and bridges are in atrocious condition. You have no idea how happy I am to not run in certain parts of the country, including the Atlanta area anymore. Even with an air ride suspension and seat, the roads beat the hell out of you. You go by some of the bridges, and there are huge pieces of concrete missing from the supports. I'm surprised some of them don't come down on their own, the first time a good stiff breeze goes through.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

The difference is that they were ON the bridge. Put it under the bridge and things change. I've seen four or five truck fires in the last couple years that caused either at least a partial collapse, or enough damage they had to demo the bridge and replace it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You'll get no argument from me on that. These parts of Atlanta's freeway system, though, are only around 30+ years old, and this one was redone not that long ago. Our infrastructure was pretty much built within a decade or two, and many of them are a horrible mess.

As I said, there was a hot fire, and the span is gone. No disputing that fact. The Reichstag burned as well, causing a lot of destruction. I don't get stuck on the 'how' as much as the 'why'. Maybe it was accidental....maybe it had a little help.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join