It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It took seven Months... but I finally fell off the wagon.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm sad about it...
Or angry... nor happy either...

But I guess that's cos I'm half drunk on Vodka.

I guess, knowing myself, 7 months was a hell of a milestone to reach...

& they say all good things come to an end... thankfully my bottle of Vodka is still more than half full.
So the good doesn't come to an end for a while.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I feel ya brother. I have a rule though: beer or wine, all is fine.
The hard stuff...and ya dont know where you're waking up and oft times...with whom.

I wish you luck in your foray

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hi Hazardous.

Please don't beat yourself up over this once the bottle is empty.

Most people seem to relapse every now and then before they make a clean break from whatever bad habit they're trying to escape.
I try to remind them that it's a coping mechanism, and they need to find a healthier coping mechanism for the future.
Perhaps today you're coping. Sometimes that's all we can do.
*hugs*
jacy

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Be carefull my friend, addiction is a killer, i will say good on you do for 2 things.

You do know you have a problem.

And you where able to stop for 7 months.

Dont hurt yourself or the ones around you.

Stay safe and if you need to rant or whatever pm me.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

make it a reward if your addicted
after you've completed something
I know it sounds strange but
it will force you to ration yourself
and you wont spend all day drinking
unless you do a lot of stuff
then your a busy drunk
which is half the service industry

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just climb back on tomorrow,Haz..if you fall off,there is the choice to not stay on the ground but just climb back on.I know you can
i do declare i very strongly get that feeling whilst reading your post.You got this.

Seeing you are now with the vodka,just stay safe and look at funny vids on Yt or something like that.Dont go out.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just because you took a step back today doesn't mean you can't move forward tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just coming up on 9years myself. I don't think about drinking, but everyday I'd like a drink. Personally I do about 5 meetings a week and stay involved. I never want to forget how bad it got! Good luck and get right back on the wagon.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So you wobbled off the straight and narrow. OK. Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off and get back on. God forgives and so should you.

Don't let your guilt over this become an excuse to mire yourself back in the habit.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I wouldn't say I'm sad about it...

Or angry... nor happy either...

But I guess that's cos I'm half drunk on Vodka.

I guess, knowing myself, 7 months was a hell of a milestone to reach...

& they say all good things come to an end... thankfully my bottle of Vodka is still more than half full.

So the good doesn't come to an end for a while.

The only thing you are doing is having a drink today! It is that and nothing more. You are just having a drink today. It is not a failure, it is not a lapse. It is just you having a drink Today!.

Tomorrow is not today, and nor is any other day that follows this one Today. What you do is contained within these twenty four hours only, and what you do on any other does not stem from what you do today.

Every other day after this one has its own story and it is you that decided how that story ends. Today you are having a drink and that is all that is going on.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am sorry to read this thread. You have no feelings one way or the other because you're numb. I hope you are able to restore the proud feeling of 7 months of being in control of your own will power. I don't feel ill will towards having a drink... for me it's about staying in control of who's choosing what and when.

At some point when the fogs on numbing agents clears, the frequency of life will resume. In humans, it plays out in a cycle of happy/sad... ying/yang. If one is happy one day, one can count on being sad in the upcoming future. The coping methods we have for when we sway off center is to be focused on... the usual synthetic methods always prove unsuccessful.

People cope in 2 ways... by searching for a rush of adrenaline to avoid emotional swings, or to provide a calming isolation to find the middle ground. If alcohol is the coping method of choice, it indicates a desire for peaceful/isolated coping.

Isolation coping in natural ways is best interpreted by practicing meditation, gardening, yoga, boating, volunteering time with charities, etc... For people who enjoy adrenaline coping, I'd advise sky diving, rock climbing, skirmish, sports, and exercising routines, etc...

Just come back to this thread when you've passed through this drunk stint... it seems you're here because you find comfort in the words you've found here in the past. Maybe just knowing you have a team of smart people around this site that care to help before you pick up the next bottle is all that you need in your life. There's plenty of people that enjoy answering threads that may lead to even a small amount of healing... please use these aids when the internal struggles become heavy.

Life is about learning to dance in the rain... not about learning to avoid rain drops...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. Much love to you all.

a reply to: ttobban

it seems you're here because you find comfort in the words you've found here in the past.

Nail. Meet Hammer.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Hey...you have mail!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sorry to be off topic, but i have to say thanks to every poster, we do have different opinions on a lot, but to see how much love and understanding we all have for this man.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Should have waited the whole nine months, now you will have to deal with a Preemie.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Sorry to be off topic, but i have to say thanks to every poster, we do have different opinions on a lot, but to see how much love and understanding we all have for this man.

It is good to see that membership is composed of people who try to help those that need it regardless of deeply held convictions and opinions. I am proud to call myself a member of such a group.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

People cope in 2 ways... by searching for a rush of adrenaline to avoid emotional swings, or to provide a calming isolation to find the middle ground. If alcohol is the coping method of choice, it indicates a desire for peaceful/isolated coping. Isolation coping in natural ways is best interpreted by practicing meditation, gardening, yoga, boating, volunteering time with charities, etc... For people who enjoy adrenaline coping,

That is some deep stuff there my friend. Or maybe not deep idk. but I do know I am alcoholic and choose the isolation you speak of. too old for the Adrenalin rush... I get that at work.

And to the OP...big deal you drank. Do not drive or hurt anybody and all will be fine... the sun will rise in the morning lol...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Don't beat yourself up- nobody's perfect. All any of us can do each day is try to be better than we were the day before. Each morning when you wake up put the past behind you because every day is a new beginning.

I know all of that sounds corny and cliche' but it's the truth. Begin again!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hey...you have mail!

Now you have mail, my friend.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

7 months of sobriety is a helluva lot better of 7 months of being drunk.
Get back on that wagon and give it another try.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join