It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Dishonest President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Donald Trump was a narcissist and a demagogue who used fear and dishonesty to appeal to the worst in American voters. The Times called him unprepared and unsuited for the job he was seeking, and said his election would be a “catastrophe.”

Still, nothing prepared us for the magnitude of this train wreck. Like millions of other Americans, we clung to a slim hope that the new president would turn out to be all noise and bluster, or that the people around him in the White House would act as a check on his worst instincts, or that he would be sobered and transformed by the awesome responsibilities of office.

Instead, seventy-some days in — and with about 1,400 to go before his term is completed — it is increasingly clear that those hopes were misplaced.

In a matter of weeks, President Trump has taken dozens of real-life steps that, if they are not reversed, will rip families apart, foul rivers and pollute the air, intensify the calamitous effects of climate change and profoundly weaken the system of American public education for all.

His attempt to de-insure millions of people who had finally received healthcare coverage and, along the way, enact a massive transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich has been put on hold for the moment. But he is proceeding with his efforts to defang the government’s regulatory agencies and bloat the Pentagon’s budget even as he supposedly retreats from the global stage.

www.latimes.com...

People have lost their minds over Trump.

Like him, hate him, it is clear that there is an ideological divide in this country that won't heal. I see this as a typical example of the media. It no longer even pretends to be neutral.

The only thing missing from this editorial is a call for a coup d'état.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do you disagree that he is dishonest?

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I still find it funny as hell that you act so salty after 8 years of telling us you would end up in a fema camp.

Best line was when you said we where at war and i was going to lose, still waiting, do you have an eta on when i would lose this war.
edit on 2-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

LA Times, figures. They're just pissed Hillary sunk $4.5 billion to get out the vote in CA and NYC, and no where else. They forgot we live in a republic, not a pure democracy, which protects the other 48 states from letting those two lib states pick a lib president every time.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Is dishonesty a metric for impeachment or removal from office?

link   
Basically and this is why I tend to mostly avoid the Trump threads.

I am not really a big Trump, rah-rah person. I never have been, but I do agree with some of the steps he has taken.

The other day in the thread about how American citizens were unmasked in the intel reports, I simply pointed out that unmasing people for political use should worry everyone and why.

I never once mentioned either Trump or Flynn or Russians. I simply said that if they can scruple to unmask someone who simply talked to another person they were surveilling so they can leak about a mysterious convo for the purposes of destroying your life, then we should all be worried because it could be used against anyone.

I got succinctly called a Trumptard for that.

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Why do people keep bringing up Hillary still?

Simple question - no deflection to loser Hillary - do you disagree with the claim that Donald Trump is dishonest?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Answer the question.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I still find it funny as hell that you act so salty after 8 years of telling us you would end up in a fema camp.

Best line was when you said we where at war and i was going to lose, still waiting, do you have an eta on when i would lose this war.

You Canucks have already lost when you put your current leader, leftist Trudeau in power.

link   

Politics is a pendulum. The times will change and you will be the victor soon enough. At the current fever pitch the rhetoric is at, I have no doubt revenge is on a lot of minds.

But we shall see.

link   
"Objective journalism is one of the main reasons American politics has been allowed to be so corrupt for so long. You can’t be objective about Nixon." - Hunter S. Thompson.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Politics is a pendulum. The times will change and you will be the victor soon enough. At the current fever pitch the rhetoric is at, I have no doubt revenge is on a lot of minds.

But we shall see.

I don't think my side has ever won or lost anything really, well i guess i don't really have a side, oh and life is still pretty good.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Now that right there should qualify for "THE TRICK QUETIONS OF THE YEAR!"!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

You Canucks have already lost when you put your current leader, leftist Trudeau in power.

What did i lose, i cant think of anything, kids are still there, my taxes are the same,but come on man we elected the justin bieber of politics, man that's sad really.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
More like deflection of the year.

It's a simple question - the article claims Donald Trump is dishonest. It's not about Hillary. It's not about impeachment.

It's about him being dishonest.

Is he dishonest?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Personally I have high hopes for Trump just as I did for Obama, I saw Obama being thhe perfect person to unite the country given his mixed race heritage but he made the divide worse. Obama created the need for Trump.
Hopefully Trump can reunite the country, bring jobs back and reduce the huge divide between rich and poor.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Instead, seventy-some days in — and with about 1,400 to go before his term is completed — it is increasingly clear that those hopes were misplaced. 

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Simple question - no deflection to loser Hillary - do you disagree with the claim that Donald Trump is dishonest?

I was stating why the LA Times are pissed, based on their geographic location. Sure, Trump is dishonest, as every prez who's held that office, except for maybe Honest Abe. Look at dishonest Bill Clinton, who went to an impeachment trial for his dishonesty. And he was elected....twice. I just can't get apoplectic about Trump as everyone else, being his dishonesty is not different than say Nixon. And it's been that way for as long as I remember for the past fifty years.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I was stating why the LA Times are pissed, based on their geographic location. Sure, Trump is dishonest, as every prez who's held that office, except for maybe Honest Abe. Look at dishonest Bill Clinton, who went to an impeachment trial for his dishonesty. And he was elected....twice. I just can't get apoplectic about Trump as everyone else, being his dishonesty is not different than say Nixon. And it's been that way for as long as I remember for the past fifty years.

It appears you agree with the premise of the article - that Donald Trump is dishonest.

Why complain about the LA Times' motivation then, if you agree with their article's premise?
Why do you bring up other people? They are irrelevant to the article in question.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join