It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI Negative or Positive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why is AI often viewed so negatively?

Would you prefer to spend time with a kindly, calm, compassionate & interesting AI, or a human with the same qualities; but, owing to the variability of human reaction/interaction, & the fluctuating biological or hormonal interplay in the organic Being, perhaps subject to irrational outbursts? Is the Rational mind of greater importance than Emotional response, or vice versa?

If we view the field of our interactions as a Matrix-like substrata to everything we are able to perceive or interact with, why is there this bias towards Organic, rather than towards the (highest) AI? Is Mind somehow lessened by having AI as its origin?

Personally, I would prefer to incarnate into a machine of the highest AI order, rather than an organic being; presupposing that there would be no need to kill or prey on other life forms (probably organic) for sustenance. I do not care about Karma, but my conscious choice is to do as little harm as I am able . . . . probably Self Interest at its highest. . . .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

I avoid AI to the best of my ability, for the simple reasons that natural and organic methodology is clearly not sourced to be a primary motive and application that AI only finds as secondary measures needed at best.

People feel owed cell phones and internet... forget the magical properties that establish it as commonplace to begin with is what the masses envision as reality. People complain that their phone is taking to long to download a picture of Tom Cruise, yet forget that it has to go to space to get to your phone. All the while, the smile and person that could help them see through it all easier are completely ignored if even standing next to these downloaders.

I don't feel humans should enjoy the bounties of the current technologies without first being able to relate to other humans on a person to person level 1st. I avoid the internet and have no social constructs in large part due to my personal choices to protest AI. I see people sitting across from each other, talking over an interface... completely ignorant to all of the miracles already surrounding their space.

I'm sorry, but I prefer the emotions of humans being focused on, rather than the AI that divides organics further.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What makes you think AI will end up any different?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
We have Musk the Supervillian saying he's all for computer enhanced humans and turning them into cyborgs with implanted widgets in the brain connected to a computer, saying ultimately we are already them by interfacing with computers via use of voice commands and finger tips so there's no big leap or problem to put something in the brain.

He's a trickster because what big daddy Musk is not telling people is they can already interface with computers without any implants in the brain or having to use their fingers or voice. God gave us that ability. Musk along with others is acting like this is new. What's new is keeping generations in the dark ages for generations then later getting others to believe they can do nothing without help from a computer and how awesome it is. Then they intoduce the products a little at a time to keep their steady income and stay rich. Talk about AI. The fact that we all fell for it and still do is AI. That there is our own AI programming. It's all B#S. These people are bad news. They are the terrorist that hope everyone keeps focusing on the terrorist group ISIS. Jeb Bush is saying people should be protesting on the street bc AI is taking jobs and will take more. Don't get your hopes up that he's a savior though, as the protesting is NOT against AI but demanding the kids be taught up-to-date technology based robot skills. Can you even believe that? What a joke, he's advocating people protesting to push their kids straight into a full fledged AI work force and promote their own AI growth in their own brain. People should be protesting the AI taking jobs and the degrading low paying jobs.

edit on 2-4-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's really a matter of subjectivity. If you are talking about AI that can do complex algorithms to aid the scientific and medical fields, that's one thing. However, if you're talking about creating AI to take over jobs and such, that's a whole other issue in its entirety.
edit on 2-4-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak
Why is AI often viewed so negatively?

Would you prefer to spend time with a kindly, calm, compassionate & interesting AI, or a human with the same qualities; but, owing to the variability of human reaction/interaction, & the fluctuating biological or hormonal interplay in the organic Being, perhaps subject to irrational outbursts? Is the Rational mind of greater importance than Emotional response, or vice versa?

If we view the field of our interactions as a Matrix-like substrata to everything we are able to perceive or interact with, why is there this bias towards Organic, rather than towards the (highest) AI? Is Mind somehow lessened by having AI as its origin?

Personally, I would prefer to incarnate into a machine of the highest AI order, rather than an organic being; presupposing that there would be no need to kill or prey on other life forms (probably organic) for sustenance. I do not care about Karma, but my conscious choice is to do as little harm as I am able . . . . probably Self Interest at its highest. . . .

Humans only became irrational and crazy after living in a low class industrial society coming out of the dark ages after being forced there in degrading conditions. The radiation, wifi, microwaves and radio waves, drugs and AI forced in humans through misleading teachings, stories and movies makes people mentally unstable.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Organic is the LIVING GOD and LIVING SPIRIT.

Simply, organic is of God. AI is the deceiver.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sometimes I really do prefer Animals. Artificial intelligence may someday become as astute as Human intelligence, but it's my opinion that it will never cross over to that which is comparable with 'life'. That essence called the 'Soul'.

It may act, relate, understand and interact with humans........ but there will always be 'on & off' switch for them.

Humans may decline as AI takes over Humans tasks, and leisure becomes Mans primary accomplishment. And with no drive, man may become servants to the AI taskmasters, but the AI will still have a Human controller.

Forget Hollywood.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is no technical reason why an AI couldn't have a soul. Wetware or hardware--it's just a machine either way and the wetware version is subject to a lot of environmental issues hardware just doesn't have. Musk's issue is that he feels we'll have to plug in directly simply to keep up, otherwise AI will get so far ahead of us that we'll be like house pets to them. Hardware AI can improve itself by adding more RAM and plugging it in where wetware's advancements take millennia of evolution to accomplish the same thing. We simply don't have the time to wait for that. Of course we have the naysayers that can't handle such visionary issues. As Einstein said, "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Unless its R2D2. Any use of AI is negative impact like the Trade Federation.

edit on 2-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I can appreciate that, but ....it's only from the mind of man. a reply to: schuyler

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You bring about the one aspect that make me curious enough to still want to witness the synthetic takeover.

Imagine if AI does not allow for financial motivations to occur, and instead rights those wrongs where humans have shown to be incapable in the past. For those very reasons alone, that AI may be able to be rid of human negative influence to allow for decreased personal safety measures. While this is very much a possible positive aspect to AI, it still entails that humans would have to pass on the law abiding aspects of life to AI. As much as I don't decide with humans, they're still needed to program robots and AI... I assume humans would prefer to be the employer as compared to the employees of AI... I know I would.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Would it ever care for you outside of its program?
Could you as a (supposed) human ever love it?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak
AI Negative or Positive?

Makes no difference.
Is just passing.
There will be NO AI in a couple of centuries!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
AI is taking many forms. I don't think the end goal is necessarily to build a human-like entity. AI is machine-learning which means that ordinary things we use today will get smarter. The scary part of AI is that entities like the NSA will (or already do) use AI to analyze data. Instead of human analysts that have only so much capacity to interpret information, machines will do that at lightening speed. They will learn and adapt algorithms over time.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWingedMonolith
We have Musk the Supervillian saying he's all for computer enhanced humans and turning them into cyborgs with implanted widgets in the brain connected to a computer, saying ultimately we are already them by interfacing with computers via use of voice commands and finger tips so there's no big leap or problem to put something in the brain.

Cyber-nonsense, Tesla can't even make properly working auto-pilot software. Perhaps it's because driving is a lil' more complicated than just dropping a few lines of code; the thing actually might be "aiding" in getting the driver sleepy.

edit on 17201735amk2017 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Thanks for taking the time to read my post & share some interesting points!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That is what I suspect as well. . . no reason for a soul/spirit not to dive into a highly intelligent & perhaps compassionate machine; & why should the machine NOT be able to love? Not all humans are capable of it either, I fear.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss
True. Perhaps there will be no organic life, either.. . .

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Hopefully once robots are their own programmers, they will build in the means to prevent the negative aspects of humans from infecting them? Certainly, finance would n longer be required, as AI would probably not need to feed or house itself, thereby removing the Finance tool from the Controllers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join