It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord is Not Who You Think - The Magen of the Mind is the Ego and DEVIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's important to note that the Lord of the Old Testament is not the same as that of the New. He was made new in Baptism (rebirth), facing himself alone after his circumcision (Crown of Thorns). A crown is like the foreskin on the reproductive organ. It causes a yeast infection for the female if it is not kept clean and free from contamination. The Thistle in Hebrew is the letter SIN, which sits next to the NUN (Seed). The line from the Christmas Song, 'All he wants for Christmas are his two front teeth (letter SHIN),' goes like this: Sister Susie (NUN) sitting on a Thistle (SIN). All he wants for Christmas are his two front teeth (SHIN). SHIN is the letter designating light consuming the Coal. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons, or the Entropy causing death in light. It's designation is two front teeth in Hebrew.

To know why the light consumes us by desire, we must also follow the trail of suffering left behind the actions of the Lord himself. To get this, you must know who the Lord is by identity. For now, keep in mind that the collective mind of Manu (Humanity) is the Ishvara (LORD / RULER). This is the Ego. See any of my threads to see the origin of this from Hinduism, which is the source code for all religions.

For the Christian side, it is necessary to be selfless, not this:

Isaiah 48

11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.

After bragging (EGO) how he was refining Israel, the truth then emerges. It has nothing to do with them, but his own pride and ambition (EGO). This has always been evident from his words as the Devil hidden by the magic of the Magen (EGO TO RULE OVER OTHERS).

In Jesus case, we look at passages like Matthew 10.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

For me, there is a higher way than both these comparisons. Love demands more. Selflessness demands that we act for the benefit of others, not our own wish to be loved and glorified. In the Matthew 10 statements, it is clear that the Old Lord is still in the New. How will we know if He can ever live up to what truth demands?

He must come again. What will we see when he returns?

Zephaniah 1

2 “I will sweep away everything
from the face of the earth,”
declares the Lord.
3 “I will sweep away both man and beast;
I will sweep away the birds in the sky
and the fish in the sea—
and the idols that cause the wicked to stumble.”[a]
“When I destroy all mankind
on the face of the earth,”
declares the Lord,
4 “I will stretch out my hand against Judah
and against all who live in Jerusalem.
I will destroy every remnant of Baal worship in this place,
the very names of the idolatrous priests—
5 those who bow down on the roofs
to worship the starry host,
those who bow down and swear by the Lord
and who also swear by Molek,
6 those who turn back from following the Lord
and neither seek the Lord nor inquire of him.”

Only Molek (Moloch) destroys children with no regard to why they are in the state they are in. It has always been his EGO in the way of Truth, which is the entropy causing death to the children. We know who made Satan in Genesis 3:1. Made is not Bara (create) We also know who CREATED (Bara) Adam in Genesis 1, never restricting the fruit in any way. This is the Father of Man, or Elohim (Aleph Lamed is EL). This is Al_LAH by view of the Muslims.

IDENTITY of the LORD

What is my profession of faith? Am I Christian, Muslim or Buddhist? No. I am the essence of Elohim and Ruach Elohim as they rest (first verses of Genesis 2) from all their creation. All of us are this same essence as images of the first Adam in Living Word (DNA), which implies that I am with Christ, but also in realization of what this means in light of Agape Love. As our parents rest within us all, they wait for the moment their Son grows up from his Ego to rule in pride. We are their Son. Not our Glory, but the Mother and Father.

Note Jesus says to love him more than your Mother (Ruach Elohim) and Father (EL). Compare to Isaiah 48 (EGO). If you wish to find truth, overcome this image of EGO as Ishvara (Lord). True Kings rule themselves, which is the reason we were naked in the garden. Clothing ourselves is overcoming this condition. See This: Conclusion on the Identity of God

When we see the Lord ruling himself as King (finally Selfless), we will see him fulfill his words from the sermon on the mount, being the Price of Peace and not the one with a Sword in his hand for his own glory. On that day, he will glorify the one giving him the Kingdom--his Mother and Father. YOU are HIM! Never forget this. Collectively, we are all him. Let me prove it to you.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

HE is MANU. So are we. All of us images (Ego) of the same. ID_Entity.

God's Glory, not his. I stand up to his (OUR) fear with courage, breaking the bondage of the Magen over my mind. We must all do this, which is the point of breaking this image for the true. This is Indra's Net and Matrix . He is the Ram caught in the thicket, but so are we all (lower nature as sacrifice). By this, I know who we are by our own lower nature. We are him as chaff. We are also the higher nature above harvesting this life as wheat. The mandate is to overcome this Ego for humility before the true God. God is Love. Love the Mother and Father in unity with self (All of us as Children). Children eventually grow up and overcome selfishness. Time and Space is all we need.

I believe that he was raised from the dead (1 John 1, 4). We are him in baptism (rebirth). We are the ones raised. Should we be Anti-Christ? No. To do this is to judge ourselves as the devil we accuse. We are him as a body collectively. The head rules the body, so our collective mind is the one in this state of fallen nature as ONE Son. The only answer is love for him, others and recognition of the Mother and Father of creation as Absolute. No more. No less. Unconditional Love. Our hand is the one that gives both sickness and medicine. There is no one to judge but ourselves.

God is a Genius! Clothe yourself in this knowledge,but GET WISDOM!

edit on 2-4-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: For reasons which will only be made clear in the world to come. For now, enjoy this day after yesterday. It's always the day after yesterday until it's the day after tomorrow!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

One of the reasons I abandoned Christianity. I could not relate from the God of the Old to the God of the new testament. This became a problem I could not simply ignore since it put into question the entire integrity of the Bible.

The Muslims also changed The God of Abraham's nature although it is closer to the God of the Old testament than the God of the new. This vengeful God, with weak human emotions I could never understand.

edit on 92017Sundayam430Sun, 02 Apr 2017 09:12:24 -0500America/Chicagov12 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Agree 100%. It just amazes me as to the time and mental resources that some people devote to this stuff. I can understand do that which makes you happy as long as you are not interfering with another persons free will, but dang. What wonders of this reality are not being discovered due to this obsession?

If a person devotes themselves this much to a certain dataset, do they even possess an open mind anymore? How painful will it be to incorporate new ideas into your reality that refutes previous data? That would literally mean you have wasted weeks/months/years in storing useless information.

Hmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

One of the reasons I abandoned Christianity. I could not relate from the God of the Old to the God of the new testament. This became a problem I could not simply ignore since it put into question the entire integrity of the Bible.

The Muslims also changed The God of Abraham's nature although it is closer to the God of the Old testament than the God of the new. This vengeful God, with weak human emotions I could never understand.

While you are correct in this determination, you miss the point. The Lord (Ishvara) is our own collective mind. Read Genesis 2 again. Who rested in Adam just before the break in the text? His own Mother and Father (Elohim and Ruach Elohim). They used themselves to make Mankind. From this, Yahweh (Ishvara) can be identified as our own Spirit, or that of Adam. It's a collective Spirit. We are all him. Who divided us into male and female in Genesis 2? The Lord. Who made Satan? The Lord. We are HIM!

Go back and revise your understanding. I give all the clues to this in my threads past. I did this by intent. I have outlined this, leaving no way out for anyone who clings to the incorrect view, as you so aptly and cogently outline in your own words. Truth sets you free. Free form what? Our own Ego to rule over the God inside us all. We are Bethel (House of God). Look at my Luxor Thread to see this from Egypt itself, clearly outlined.

Temple of Man - Identity of ID ENTITY

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

Its the same God he just changed his mind on a few things. And the muslims have it totally wrong. Also its two seperate books but in a format easier to carry. OT was for the jews/hebrews and is a HISTORY of where things started.
Most churches will not teach that the OT isnt what we are to follow. That was for the CHosen ones until the covenant was fulfilled. NT covenant is what we all should be on now.

And Im not even going to adress th eOP so Op do not even respond to this.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: Golantrevize

Agree 100%. It just amazes me as to the time and mental resources that some people devote to this stuff. I can understand do that which makes you happy as long as you are not interfering with another persons free will, but dang. What wonders of this reality are not being discovered due to this obsession?

If a person devotes themselves this much to a certain dataset, do they even possess an open mind anymore? How painful will it be to incorporate new ideas into your reality that refutes previous data? That would literally mean you have wasted weeks/months/years in storing useless information.

Hmmmmm.

Denial of the truth is not the truth. Mankind must look inside to see the truth within himself, but this does not excuse our misuse of this same mind. Check the same Ego in Genesis 2 using the same fruit of knowledge you are mirroring as ours to find. What do you see? The fall of Man. If your dream for mankind is to become a reality, then the EGO must be known and overcome. We are already the highest technology. To enter the Kingdom of trust, we must be faithful. This is not the place to use that mind for transmutation, but a place to overcome the Ego. From the correct starting point, we then break out of this Earth to find what you are claiming, which is our highest Arete. We are meant to explore God's creation. WE are the key to what we see outside. Inside, we are the Mother and Father producing it all.

Echad and never Yachid. If you can humble your mind to see this clearly, you will know how to accurately judge the Lord (your own collective mind) in truth. Unity, not division.

edit on 2-4-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I kind of get what you are saying and partially agree .Understanding the data is very important .Because a lot of teachers don't get it they put their best efforts forward and usually fail . Context is every thing because those old writings were written by people at that time to people who could understand what the writers were talking about .

We are far removed in time and context but when we read we sometimes look at our own time frame to give it meaning . The OT has a supernatural context that has nearly vanished today .Teachers and speakers pass over very important versers because they think them to be too spooky .

Mike Heisers work is about bringing back context where it puts the supernatural world view back into the text . The Bible is after-all a supernatural story ,with a unseen realm that is very active .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It's 100 percent the history of Manu being raised by his Father and Mother. We are Manu in a fractal image of the same. By raising him, they raise all reflections of him. He is the reflection of the source. We are the fractal expressing this Living Word into the world we make, including the documents that mirror the same intellect expressing outward into 2D text from 3D form. Above our 3D, time. Above time, the indeterminate probabilities managed by law into future good. 2D text is by its very nature, graven as an image. We are the Living Word written by God, not the text. See it for what it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am not surprised that some people can't relate YHWH with Jesus, though they are identical.
Jesus will return and bring justice, same as what God started in the bible.
It's easy to reconcile both Christ and the Father if you put in the effort, people are to lazy to study the word
God is just, even in the Old Testament He called for mercy over sacrifice, it was humanity who offered sacrifices to Him, He didn't ask for it.
Imagine if ISIS was destroyed by God tomorrow, would that be justice or would people say it was wrong

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I am not surprised that some people can't relate YHWH with Jesus, though they are identical.
It's easy to reconcile both Christ and the Father if you put in the effort, people are to lazy to study the word
God is just, even in the Old Testament He called for mercy over sacrifice, it was humanity who offered sacrifices to Him, He didn't ask for it.
Imagine if ISIS was destroyed by God tomorrow, would that be justice or would people say it was wrong

they have been saying that for thousands of years. It's not going to happen because those people were fools.

If god destroys ISIS? Wouldn't god have created ISIS? That is if you are correct in your claim of god existing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman

they have been saying that for thousands of years. It's not going to happen because those people were fools.

If god destroys ISIS? Wouldn't god have created ISIS? That is if you are correct in your claim of god existing.

How did God create ISIS, that sounds a little strange
Unless you are a Calvanist in your theology and don't believe
in free will, then it would seem for a non believer you believ a lot

People have been saying what exactly, not to sure it's a comment,,question or mishmash of ideas and opinions

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Denial of your subjective truth could easily be my subjective truth.

Take for example your portrayal of the ego. You condemn the ego where I glorify it. Can it be a trap? Heck yes. But a balanced ego is a wonderful sight to behold (subjective) towards those who love freedom.

An ideal of ego I can get behind:
The person who is confident in themselves. The person who does not care what others think of them as their foundation is solid. The person who has an open mind and can listen to other peoples subjective opinions and can even incorporate new information or rebuild their foundation if it pleases. The person who judges because they guard their consciousness and morals.

This person is secure in their personal identity but they do not allow it to obscure their sight. They are humble. They strive for balance to prevent their ego from causing downfall. They do not need to verbally proclaim their stability because it is evident in their actions.

You seem to condemn the ego, the human spirit, the soul. It almost appears you see the individual as an ugly being.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
There's a funny saying in Eastern religions, "People who claim they do know don't know. People who claim they don't know do know. The truth is in the Bible but that's not where you will find it."

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There are many lords mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures a.k.a. "the OT".
Lord: Insight

LORD

The Greek and Hebrew words rendered “lord” (or such related terms as “sir,” “owner,” “master”) are used with reference to Jehovah God (Eze 3:11), Jesus Christ (Mt 7:21), one of the elders seen by John in vision (Re 7:13, 14), angels (Ge 19:1, 2; Da 12:8), men (1Sa 25:24; Ac 16:16, 19, 30), and false deities (1Co 8:5). Often the designation “lord” denotes one who has ownership or authority and power over persons or things. (Ge 24:9; 42:30; 45:8, 9; 1Ki 16:24; Lu 19:33; Ac 25:26; Eph 6:5) This title was applied by Sarah to her husband (Ge 18:12), by children to their fathers (Ge 31:35; Mt 21:28, 29), and by a younger brother to his older brother (Ge 32:5, 6). It appears as a title of respect addressed to prominent persons, public officials, prophets, and kings. (Ge 23:6; 42:10; Nu 11:28; 2Sa 1:10; 2Ki 8:10-12; Mt 27:63) When used in addressing strangers, “lord,” or “sir,” served as a title of courtesy.—Joh 12:21; 20:15; Ac 16:30.

Jehovah God. Jehovah God is the “Lord of heaven and earth,” being the Universal Sovereign by reason of his Creatorship. (Mt 11:25; Re 4:11) Heavenly creatures speak of him as “Lord,” as reported at Revelation 11:15, which says: “Loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: ‘The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord [Jehovah] and of his Christ.’” Faithful servants of God on earth addressed him as “Sovereign Lord,” and this title appears over 300 times in the inspired Scriptures. (Ge 15:2; Re 6:10) He is also appropriately described as “the true Lord.” (Isa 1:24) It is at his direction that people are gathered, or harvested, for life. So petitions for more workers to assist in the harvest must be made to him as the “Master [Lord] of the harvest.”—Mt 9:37, 38; see NW appendix, pp. 1566-1568.

Jesus Christ. While on earth, Jesus Christ referred to himself as “Lord of the sabbath.” (Mt 12:8) Appropriately, he used the Sabbath for doing the work commanded by his heavenly Father. That work included healing the sick. (Compare Mt 8:16, 17.) Jesus knew that the Mosaic Law, with its Sabbath requirement, was “a shadow of the good things to come.” (Heb 10:1) In connection with those “good things to come,” there is a sabbath of which he is to be the Lord.—See SABBATH DAY (“Lord of the Sabbath”).

While Jesus Christ was on earth, persons besides his disciples called him “Lord,” or “Sir.” (Mt 8:2; Joh 4:11) In these cases the designation was primarily a title of respect or courtesy. However, to his apostles Jesus showed that calling him “Lord” involved more than this. Said he: “You address me, ‘Teacher,’ and, ‘Lord,’ and you speak rightly, for I am such.” (Joh 13:13) As his disciples, these apostles were his learners, or pupils. Thus he was their Lord, or Master.

Especially after Jesus’ death and resurrection did his title Lord take on great significance. By means of his sacrificial death, he purchased his followers, this making him their Owner. (Joh 15:13, 14; 1Co 7:23; 2Pe 2:1; Jude 4; Re 5:9, 10) He was also their King and Bridegroom to whom they were subject as their Lord. (Ac 17:7; Eph 5:22-27; compare Joh 3:28, 29; 2Co 11:2; Re 21:9-14.) When Jehovah rewarded his Son for faithfulness to the point of dying a shameful death on a stake, he “exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” (Php 2:9-11) Acknowledgment of Jesus Christ as Lord means more than simply calling him “Lord.” It requires that an individual recognize Jesus’ position and follow a course of obedience. (Compare Joh 14:21.) As Jesus himself said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.”—Mt 7:21.

Jehovah God also granted immortality to his faithful Son. Therefore, although many men have ruled as kings or lords, only Jesus Christ, the “King of kings and Lord of lords,” has immortality.—1Ti 6:14-16; Re 19:16.

Since Jesus has the keys of death and Hades (Re 1:17, 18), he is in position to release mankind from the common grave (Joh 5:28, 29) and from the death inherited from Adam. (Ro 5:12, 18) He is therefore also the ‘Lord over the dead,’ including King David, one of his earthly ancestors.—Ac 2:34-36; Ro 14:9.

A Title of Respect. The fact that Christians have only the “one Lord” Jesus Christ (Eph 4:5) does not rule out their applying “lord” (or, “sir”) to others as a title of respect, courtesy, or authority. The apostle Peter even cited Sarah as a good example for Christian wives because of her obedience to Abraham, “calling him ‘lord.’” (1Pe 3:1-6) This was no mere formality on Sarah’s part. It was a sincere reflection of her submissiveness, for she spoke of him as such “inside herself.” (Ge 18:12) On the other hand, since all Christians are brothers, it would be wrong for them to call one of their number “Leader” or “Lord,” viewing that one as a spiritual leader.—Mt 23:8-10; see AXIS LORDS; JEHOVAH; JESUS CHRIST.

The Greek “Kyrios.” This Greek word is an adjective, signifying the possessing of power (kyʹros) or authority, and it is also used as a noun. It appears in each book of the Christian Greek Scriptures except Titus and the letters of John. The term corresponds to the Hebrew ʼA·dhohnʹ. As God’s created Son and Servant, Jesus Christ properly addresses his Father and God (Joh 20:17) as “Lord” (ʼAdho·naiʹ or Kyʹri·os), the One having superior power and authority, his Head. (Mt 11:25; 1Co 11:3) As the one exalted to his Father’s right hand, Jesus is “Lord of lords” as respects all except his Father, God the Almighty.—Re 17:14; 19:15, 16; compare 1Co 15:27, 28.

Its use in place of the divine name. During the second or third century of the Common Era, the scribes substituted the words Kyʹri·os (Lord) and The·osʹ (God) for the divine name, Jehovah, in copies of the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures. Other translations, such as the Latin Vulgate, the Douay Version (based on the Vulgate), and the King James Version, as well as numerous modern translations (NE, AT, RS, NIV, TEV, NAB), followed a similar practice. The divine name was replaced by the terms “God” and “Lord,” generally in all-capital letters in English to indicate the substitution for the Tetragrammaton, or divine name.

In departing from this practice, the translation committee of the American Standard Version of 1901 stated: “The American Revisers, after a careful consideration, were brought to the unanimous conviction that a Jewish superstition, which regarded the Divine Name as too sacred to be uttered, ought no longer to dominate in the English or any other version of the Old Testament, as it fortunately does not in the numerous versions made by modern missionaries. . . . This personal name [Jehovah], with its wealth of sacred associations, is now restored to the place in the sacred text to which it has an unquestionable claim.”—AS preface, p. iv.

A number of translations since then (An, JB [English and French], NC, BC [both in Spanish], and others) have consistently rendered the Tetragrammaton as “Yahweh” or have used a similar form.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Under the heading JEHOVAH (In the Christian Greek Scriptures), evidence is also presented to show that the divine name, Jehovah, was used in the original writings of the Christian Greek Scriptures, from Matthew to Revelation. On this basis, the New World Translation, used throughout this work, has restored the divine name in its translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, doing so a total of 237 times. Other translations had made similar restorations, particularly when translating the Christian Greek Scriptures into Hebrew.

When discussing “Restoring the Divine Name,” the New World Bible Translation Committee states: “To know where the divine name was replaced by the Greek words Κύριος and Θεός, we have determined where the inspired Christian writers have quoted verses, passages and expressions from the Hebrew Scriptures and then we have referred back to the Hebrew text to ascertain whether the divine name appears there. In this way we determined the identity to give Kyʹri·os and The·osʹ and the personality with which to clothe them.” Explaining further, the Committee said: “To avoid overstepping the bounds of a translator into the field of exegesis, we have been most cautious about rendering the divine name in the Christian Greek Scriptures, always carefully considering the Hebrew Scriptures as a background. We have looked for agreement from the Hebrew versions to confirm our rendering.” Such agreement from Hebrew versions exists in all the 237 places that the New World Bible Translation Committee has rendered the divine name in the body of its translation.—NW appendix, pp. 1564-1566.

The Hebrew “Adhohn” and “Adhonai.” The Hebrew word ʼa·dhohnʹ occurs 334 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. It carries the thought of ownership or headship and is used of God and of men. The plural form ʼadho·nimʹ sometimes denotes the simple numerical plural and is then translated “lords” or “masters.” (Ps 136:3; Isa 26:13) At other places the plural form denotes excellence, or majesty, whether of God or of man (Ps 8:1; Ge 39:2), and in such cases any appositional pronouns or modifying adjectives are in the singular number. (Ps 45:11; 147:5) In some places, two plurals are used side by side to distinguish Jehovah by the plural of excellence from the numerous other lords.—De 10:17; Ps 136:3; compare 1Co 8:5, 6.

The titles ʼA·dhohnʹ and ʼAdho·nimʹ are applied to Jehovah 25 times in the Scriptures. In nine places in the Masoretic text, ʼA·dhohnʹ has the definite article ha before it, so limiting application of the title to Jehovah. (Ex 23:17; 34:23; Isa 1:24; 3:1; 10:16, 33; 19:4; Mic 4:13; Mal 3:1) At all six places where ʼA·dhohnʹ without the definite article refers to Jehovah, it describes him as Lord (Owner) of the earth and so is not ambiguous. (Jos 3:11, 13; Ps 97:5; 114:7; Zec 4:14; 6:5) At the ten places where ʼAdho·nimʹ is used of Jehovah, the immediate context makes certain his identity.—De 10:17; Ne 8:10; 10:29; Ps 8:1, 9; 135:5; 136:3; 147:5; Isa 51:22; Ho 12:14.

The ending ai added to the Hebrew word ʼa·dhohnʹ is a different form of the plural of excellence. When ʼAdho·naiʹ appears without an additional suffix in Hebrew, it is used exclusively of Jehovah and indicates that he is the Sovereign Lord. According to The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1986, Vol. 3, p. 157), “the form highlights the power and sovereignty of Yahweh as ‘Lord.’” Its use by men in addressing him suggests submissive acknowledgment of that great fact.—Ge 15:2, 8; De 3:24; Jos 7:7.

Evidently by early in the Common Era the divine name, YHWH, had come to be regarded by the Jewish rabbis as too sacred to be pronounced. Instead, they substituted ʼAdho·naiʹ (sometimes ʼElo·himʹ) when reading the Scriptures aloud. The Sopherim, or scribes, went even further by replacing the divine name in the written text with ʼAdho·naiʹ 134 times (133 in Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia). From about the fifth to the ninth centuries of our Common Era, the Masoretes copied the text with great care. They noted in the Masora (their notes on the text) where the Sopherim had made such changes. Hence, these 134 changes are known. (For a list see NW appendix, p. 1562.) Taking this into account, there remain 306 places where ʼAdho·naiʹ did originally appear in the text.

The title ʼAdho·naiʹ is used mostly by the prophets, and much more frequently by Ezekiel than by any other. Nearly every time, he combines it with the divine name to form ʼAdho·naiʹ Yehwihʹ, “Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” Another combination title, appearing 16 times, is ʼAdho·naiʹ Yehwihʹ tseva·ʼohthʹ, “Sovereign Lord, Jehovah of armies,” and all but two of its occurrences (Ps 69:6; Am 9:5) are in Isaiah and Jeremiah. The title is used to reveal Jehovah as the one with the power and determination not only to avenge his oppressed people but also to punish them for their unfaithfulness.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

My only distinction of ego over true higher nature is the difference between Echad and yachid. This is the nature of identifying with the family or choosing to be alone. Ecclesiastes 4 is the perfect description of this.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you for the info. This is explained clearly in Hinduism with the Ishvara concept. We can willingly give away our will. We can also retain it, loosing ourselves from the bondage. Fear can't hold a fully realized soul. This is why fear is used by the maven to control and use our nature's again at us. Instead, know the truth. Be free.
Freewill

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Mirror this to liberation from the need for a guardian.

Ishvara Wiki - "Sankara states the Self and every individual is Ishvara, in his text Upadesasahasri, everyone and everything is connected, integral oneness of Brahman (Ultimate Reality, Universal Absolute, Supreme Principle).[48] Ishvara is that which is "free from avidya (ignorance), free from ahamkrti (ego-sense), free from bandhana (bondage)", a Self that is "pure, enlightened, liberated"

Galatians 3 last two paragraphs. Freedom at the end of Galatians 5.

No other way but THE way. Righteousness from love.

new topics

top topics

join