posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:26 AM
a reply to: Aliensun
Take a look at this link, someone else had the same issue
Thousands of old emails
This was taken from that link:
To stop receiving the same emails again you can follow the steps suggested below:
1. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
2. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click next.
3. Select your ISP account, and then click Change.
4. Click More Settings.
5. Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, ‘uncheck’ the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.
6. Click OK, and then click Finish.
You can also select one of the following options:
§ Remove from server after x days: E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but remain on the e-mail server for the number of days that you
specify. This is the most common setting for people who want to read their messages at work but also download them for permanent storage on their home
computer. We recommend that you choose the smallest number of days that suits your needs. The longer you leave messages on your e-mail server, the
greater the risk of exceeding your mailbox size quota.
§ Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items’: E-mail messages are downloaded to your computer but also remain on the e-mail server
indefinitely until you delete the e-mail message in Outlook and empty the Deleted Items folder. Just deleting the message doesn't remove the message
from the e-mail server.
edit on 2-4-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)