It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House bill will take your privacy away forever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Everyone is surprised that the CIA is into forging documents to frame others? No Surprise there. This is the kind of nasty things the CIA does. Probably same silly spooks that forged Obama's birth certificate. I got a theory for ya, the CIA is creating a problem and offering the solution. Easy right? Another tactic they just love. Right up there with false flags and inciting wars. I knew all this was BS from the get go. Why? Well the government does keep track of all things coming and going on the internet highway. Everything hits their monitoring networks. So it's strange that some hacker wannabe got into their system all the way from Russia. Give me a break. Maybe they did maybe they didn't. I find it hard to believe that a critical system with such information would even be exposed to the public internet in the first place! If they are, then they obviously haven't learned their lesson from the last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

It's probably some disgruntled CIA operative that's sick and tired of the way the CIA is running things and shafting it's citizens. Kind of like another Snowden. How's that for another theory?

Now we have laws that take away our right to privacy. Yeah, that makes sense, take away 300 million US citizen's privacy away to catch one terrorist. Pass a bill so advertising marketers can get info on anyone right from the ISP. You really want your underwear hanging out for all to see? Forget about the CIA for intelligence. This bill will allow every Tom, Dick and Harry advertising company to get everything on everyone and it all sells to the highest bidder from your Internet Service Provider. All you have to do is start a advertising business and you too can be a spy agency just like the CIA.

Next, thing you know your kids will be stalked and up for ransom, and all because of a bunch of morons in congress decided your fate for you and your family. Loss of privacy is also a loss of freedom and security, remember that.

Kind of defeats the purpose of securing citizens doesn't it? When your kids head is on a chopping block, right? This is a real living nightmare right out the George Orwell's "1984". You may not believe me, but that's alright. However, I invite you to have a read of the Washington Post and prepare yourself to be absolutely horrified.

Now, I normally don't get upset and post a rant, but this takes the cake. This one is a game changer folks. We're talking anarchy. The White House will probably look like the ruins of Rome in a few years if this passes. Nothing good will come out of this.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Nothing we the "people" can do about it except rant. Not like anyone is going to get off their collective lazy arses to do anything....

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have nothing to hide. I'm good.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm hoping this fuels some sort of drive for more ISP's with contracts that provide consumer protections. Only silver lining to this bill honestly. If we need more competition in that market anyway IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Privacy goes hand in hand with security. Apparently no one understands that relationship. What's stopping anyone especially a "Terrorist" from using this information in a harmful way? Nothing! They talk about protecting your information, but selling it to whomever for profit. What's stopping Advertising marketing firms from sharing or selling that info again and again and again? All without your consent. This won't stop here it will continue to get worse. This is to much power for anyone to have or corp entity to have. Not just adults, but children use the internet, students use the internet for school. Problem is, so do stalkers, criminals, hackers, terrorist do too. Information is a powerful weapon.

I say our privacy is worth more than 80 billion dollars of pure greed. There is legitimate reasons not to do this no matter how secure they say they can "Secure" your data. Once it is sold and out of their hands they are not bound by anything. They just kick the can down the road and make out like a thief in the night.

It's simple...How does a ISP get rich and powerful...Well, simply become the biggest Internet Service around and force a EULA (End User License Agreement) on the customer and all is perfectly legal. You use their service you have no rights. Since when does a corporate law supersede a constitutional law??? This is why we need to get to the basics and not violate the bill of rights and adhere to it. Doing this sort of thing is just lunacy and destructive to our society as a whole. Talk about national threat, well this bill is a threat. So there you have it.

Everyone wants to have internet. However, it comes with a price, your soul. What a ridiculous thing to say. "I have nothing to hide, so I am safe". So if someone wants to mug you at a certain hour, I guess your GPS information of your next jog (daily routine) would prove to be some useful information. :::sigh::::

More for you viewing pleasure..

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

I am trying to imagine how little we consider this 'private' information is already available to anyone who wants to see it.

Go go any website and click on a persons username, then review every post they ever made.

Borrring...

they can have my tens of thousands of mind dribbles and chew on it all day long, I should be so flattered.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The hackers all ready have everyone's information for sale on the dark web, for far cheaper too. Not to mention the legit background checking services, plenty of affordable information about everyone there. What we need is the same scrutiny on the government with the information made free to the public. Let us see the emperor's new clothes in all his naked glory.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

We do and I have talked to mayors, governors, senators. The problem is these people don't listen and have their own agenda. That's how and why they got into politics in the first place. Don't be fooled. Look at the corruption in government. It's absolutely beyond extreme and all they get is a slap on the wrist. Oversight committee ran by the same entity, Federal court ran by the same entity. You see a pattern here? They don't really represent anyone, but themselves. They're there to collect a nice fat paycheck via the taxpayer and who cares what bill gets passed or even read and they answer to no one. The vote for this bill was 52(Yes) to 48(NO). For real! Almost completely 50/50. I find that mind boggling in itself. Who in their right state of mind would even want this to pass??? I take it 50 of them never read the damn thing. Nice to know our Nation is running itself on auto pilot.
edit on 2-4-2017 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

I agree 100% with what you said. The country is being blindly lead to the slaughterhouse and like the Roman Empire. The times are being falsely promoted as everything is fine.

I see it all happening in front of me and I feel helpless to stop it. This goes beyond re-electing someone else to take the throne because it will be more of the same.

When the country reaches the breaking point there may be no one to save us and with the hope of so many countries that hate us. The mighty USA will be no more but a series of territories of its former self.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I'm hoping this fuels some sort of drive for more ISP's with contracts that provide consumer protections. Only silver lining to this bill honestly. If we need more competition in that market anyway IMO.

it`s possible but more likely what will happen is the existing ISP`s will offer to keep your info private and not sell it, for a "small" monthly fee of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Call and tell your ISP what you want.

Let them know you will cancel because of it.

You shouldn't use the internet without a paid VPN service.

$850 and rising annually is starting to not be worth it to me anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No conspiracy here, the info may be used by government alphabet agencies occasionally, but...

Your info will be sold for money to people whose aim is to sell you xit you don't want or need...

Enjoy more spam.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
House bill will take your privacy away forever.

Fortunately, I was never under the illusion of 'privacy/secrecy' in the first place, so I have no disillusionment or disappointments to enjoy! *__-

And 'bills' don't take away anything unless and until it is approved into law.
Until then, it is just more scary headlines for the susceptible.
Just look at the Orange Parasite's scary headlines that, thanks to courts, never came to fruition!
Which seems to be the fate of much (if not all of 'importance') of his incompetent stumble through the WH!

There are no secrets.
Act in that knowledge and all will be well! *__-

top topics

join