It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting BBC Article discrediting conspiracy theorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MRM13
That article is about obsessive Sandy Hook comspiracy theorists, and this site doesn't like them either.
There's a thread somewhere in which the owners call them to order.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
another thing id like to share that occurred to me in my "inner monologue" meditation that might be brought to bear on anything that is highly charged or controversial.

always remember...you werent there....i wasnt there.....

therefore....we are beholden to those who CHOOSE to and are in a position to DISSEMINATE information TO US about whatever happened.

This is a very unenviable position to be in since knowledge is power (if you believe that, i know i do) and there are obviously people who have more information than we do. Those people ostensibly feed that information in whatever manner they see fit to the news outlets and the news outlets do the same to us.

If you think about it, most information, by the time it reaches US, has been filtered at least 2 or 3 times.

So tell me again why you believe what you hear, read and see???

because you CHOOSE to.....thats all.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I couldn't find the thread you were referring to, however I found this thread -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

which I think calls it like it is.

'Consprpiracy Theory' isn't bad, but 'obsession' is a killer.

The BBC is, rightly, condemning obsession.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa
Yes, I did a search myself and could only find exasperated SO comments in other threads.
Perhaps there was never a formal announcement that Sandy Hook threads would be under restraint; if there was, it might take a four year search of Board Business to find it again.

edit on 2-4-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This shouldn't come as a surprise. Conspiracy "theorists," Independents and Centrists are all lumped into a category of something we'd be "better off without," according to mainstream society. I don't foresee the demonization ending any time soon.
I guess the question most of us who are affiliated with one of these labels or all of them is why the persecution... The answer to that question is not nearly as complex as mainstreamers would let on. The answer is rather simple as a matter of factly.
The mainstream, status quo, whatever one desires to call it, does not like questioning minds, neither socially or politically. The mainstream likes unwaivering loyalty and naivety. There's no sense in skipping around the REAL reason for the above mentioned groups' demonization.
edit on 2-4-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists are people who believe the worst of others, often to the point of absurdity.

They believe that people fake their own children's deaths for money or political advantage. That the leaders of the nation banded together to kill thousands in a fake terrorist attack. That rich and powerful people rape and murder children for fun.

They come up with these ideas themselves Or else they gleefully embrace them and pass them round like sweets, elaborating and further distorting them as they go.

That is what conspiracy theorists are like. That is how their minds work.

Is it any wonder the rest of us are digusted and repelled? The mind of the conspiracy theorist is often a sewer, brimming with foul pollution.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join