It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA Admin Committed Felonies by SPYING and UNMASKING TRUMPs Team For POLITICAL Purposes.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

www.nationalreview.com...

Here, it is critical to bear in mind something that can easily be forgotten. The sole purpose of foreign intelligence collection is to understand the actions and intentions of foreign powers and their operatives. If the government’s purpose is to understand the actions and intentions of American citizens, there are two proper ways to go about that: (a) conduct a criminal investigation in which the American citizens can be targeted for court-authorized surveillance based on probable cause of a crime, or (b) conduct a FISA investigation in which the American citizens can be targeted for court-authorized surveillance based on probable cause that they are acting as agents of a foreign power. If neither of those two alternatives is chosen, then the American citizens are not supposed to be the subject of the intelligence collection effort — they are supposed to be protected. The snooping to which they are subjected is an incidental byproduct (i.e., an unintentional albeit inevitable consequence) of snooping on foreign powers. The incidental snooping deprives them of privacy protections rooted in law — the requirement that the government obtain a judicial warrant before seizing and eavesdropping on their communications. The law allows this to happen, but only if post hoc safeguards are applied.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Stop with the text walls...

What's your point/claim?

Is it this?
"If the government’s purpose is to understand the actions and intentions of American citizens,"

Cuz it was surveillance of foreign agents and the foreign agents intentions with regards to American Citizens..

In that context, knowing who the American Citizen is who is the target of a foreign agent becomes important.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Comey stated the trump campaign was under investigation since july of 16, and investigation that would have been able to secure fisa warrants.

Clapper states there were no fisa warrants for the trump campaign.
Clapper also states the was no evidence of collusion with russia for the trump campaign.

If there is no evidence of collusion why was rice able to get raw intel on the trump campaign?
If there is no evidence of a national security issue why was rice able to get raw intel on the trump campaign?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
They're about to hit Syria.

A lot of this is about to become academic.

Trumpcare has a better chance of getting passed than Trump hitting Syria.

No doubt Ivanka in her new WH post showed him pics of the kids and babies killed by the chemical attack and encouraged him to do something..

But Russian Spec Ops are littered throughout Assads forces.

He is just talking tough for appearances...but holy hell no, he does not have the courage to hit Assad.

I'd love to be happily surprised, but am 99.9% sure this is all for show.

He'd need to hit airforce capacity. Places where they launch choppers and planes from..
Russia has been sharing those airports.

He could call Putin and Assad and say evacuate x, y and z...I have to make a show of it..

But I don't see even that happening.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Comey stated the trump campaign was under investigation since july of 16, and investigation that would have been able to secure fisa warrants.

No he said Russia was under investigation.

He also said a few weeks ago that investigation has grown to include potential collusion by the Trump Campaign.

You keep humping the facts.

Clapper states there were no fisa warrants for the trump campaign.

During his tenure..yes.

Clapper also states the was no evidence of collusion with russia for the trump campaign.

During his tenure...yes.

If there is no evidence of collusion why was rice able to get raw intel on the trump campaign?

Incidental Collection of foreign targets under a FISA warrant...holy crap...how is that still a mystery? Nunes said it in his first press conference and everyone has affirmed it repeatedly since.

If there is no evidence of a national security issue why was rice able to get raw intel on the trump campaign?

Who says there was no evidence of a national security issue?

NSA/CIA/FBI would not have elevated it to NSC RICE (Through normal channels BTW) unless it was not only a national security issue, but a critical one.

Ditto for NSA/CIA/FBI unmasking us persons involved in that intelligence.

The FULL DOCS have never been shared with Nunes or the Intelligence Committee.

The Intelligence Committee has requested them, but the WH is stonewalling.

OF COURSE..if you just take a sentence or two from a broader intelligence report...you can easily say it had nothing to do with national security...cuz you have no context.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

its all a political angle, man.

All of this is circus for the masses. Trump brought the reality TV to US politics. I find it hard to believe that it wasn't on purpose.

People want their politics to have a heavy dose of Annalise Keating.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No he said Russia was under investigation.

wrong
here is his quote with the source transcript
www.washingtonpost.com... ction/?utm_term=.2137cadfcded

I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts. As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.

The fbi was investigating the trump campaign for collusion with the russians in july of 2016
The fbi investigation would have been given a fisa warrant if they asked.

I will point out again Clapper stated there was no evidence of collusion or crime. I believe that includes issues of national security.

If that was clappers assessment then rice had no legitimate reason to obtain the raw data.

The FULL DOCS have never been shared with Nunes or the Intelligence Committee.

wrong those who could see the classified version got it
www.cbsnews.com...

A short time earlier Friday, Mr. Trump was briefed on the intelligence community’s findings by Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan and NSA Adm. Mike Rogers. Following the briefing at Trump Tower in New York, Mr. Trump released a statement on what he called a “constructive meeting and conversation” saying that the cyberattacks had “no effect on the outcome of the election.” “While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines,” Mr. Trump said. Earlier Friday, the intelligence chiefs briefed senior lawmakers. “It was really quite a stunning disclosure,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, said at her weekly press conference. “When you see this report, you will see with confidence how the intelligence community has identified what we have seen.”

for everyone else a declassified version was made available
www.intelligence.senate.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

???????????????????

You say this: The fbi was investigating the trump campaign for collusion with the russians in july of 2016

NO...Your link to Comey does not say that.

YES...They are investigating collusion NOW...

NO...There was no investigation into Trump Campaign Collusion in July of 2016...Only Russian Interference.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

People want their politics to have a heavy dose of Annalise Keating.

Before I google it...Should I be proud or embarrassed that I don't know who that is?

My daughters constantly tease me for not knowing the right celebrities.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government

comeys words
you are daft

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government

comeys words
you are daft

NOW......WHERE DID HE SAY that collusion investigation began in July 2016 like you repeatedly claim?????

COMEY: is investigating

As in NOW..Current..."Is" does not mean July 2016...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I would never be happier to be proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I would never be happier to be proven wrong.

Assad's secret police 2014

Children in government custody have reportedly been beaten with metal cables, whips and wooden and metal batons, and suffered electric shock, mock executions, cigarette burns, sleep deprivation and solitary confinement, and sexual violence, including rape and threats of rape, the report says.

Women and children 'tortured' in Syria’s prisons under Assad regime
news.sky.com...

Syrian children 'sexually abused and tortured' in government-run detention camps
www.mirror.co.uk...

A defector in 2013 provided thousands of photos, I don't have the heart to link to them.

Right before the war

"Syrian security is now releasing detainees with unhealed wounds caused by torture in order to spread panic and fear among people hoping it will reduce the numbers participating in demonstrations," said Wissam Tarif, Director of Insan, a leading Syrian human rights organisation, which has documented cases of torture.

Hundreds of disappearances

Across Syria a campaign of mass arrests since the uprising began in mid-March has seen more than 7,000 Syrians arbitrarily detained and thrown into prisons, according to a count by activists, contacting detainees' family and friends.

The detained include a wide cross section of society, mainly young men aged between 20 and 50, but including children and elderly, especially activists and those involved in protests or seen filming them, but also community leaders, imams and students.

www.aljazeera.com...

Assad sees horror as a tool for ruling.
He is a sociopath of the highest order.

Chemical weapons both instill terror and preserve valuable buildings for post-war.

I have no issue with Trump bombing Assad.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Same transcript

HIMES: Thank you. Director Comey, in -- in the remaining minutes here. I appreciate your frankness on the topic of an ongoing investigation and appreciate your inability to go too much further than you went. But I do want to ask you a question to try to clear up some confusion. This committee, of course, is engaged in investigation about links, as you said, between the Trump campaign and the Russians, should there be any possible collusion. We've had a number of statements very early in the investigation that there was no evidence of collusion. This is still very early in our investigation, is it fair to say that you're still relatively early in your investigation? COMEY: It's hard to say because I don't how much longer it will take. But we've been doing this -- this investigation began in late July, so for counterintelligence investigation that's a fairly short period of time.

late july

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

In his late July comment he is speaking about the broader Russia Investigation.

No evidence of Collusion through Clappers tenure.
No FISA warrants on trump people during Clappers tenure.
(Early January)

No one knows what evidence they have now.
Only that the investigation scope now includes potential collusion.

You can cut and paste words together to view that differently if it serves you...

It looks straight-forward to me and a flat earth argument.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

In his late July comment he is speaking about the broader Russia Investigation.

no he is not
he is speaking about 1 investigation

this investigation began in late July

and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts.

It is the words straight from the head of the fbi during the house intel committee .

No one knows what evidence they have now. Only that the investigation scope now includes potential collusion.

wow really
You get proven wrong and now "no one knows".
bs
or do you not believe the 16 agencies of the ic?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Flat earth...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Actually. No he didn't get proven wrong. You just suck at understanding context. Yes there is one investigation, but the investigation has evolved over time to include more investigatory angles. The collusion angle being one of them. You are just being deliberately obtuse because you can't admit that you were wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
no worries
its not like you guys haven't been proven wrong before
both transcripts are available
both will testify again more than likely multiple times
the truth will come out

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

the truth will come out

Yes, but will you accept it if it says something you don't like? Like that Trump or one of his people in his administration are guilty of collusion with Russia.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join