It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA Admin Committed Felonies by SPYING and UNMASKING TRUMPs Team For POLITICAL Purposes.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

hahahaha

you go right ahead with rice's interviews as "evidence"

that is really funny

when she changes her story yet again will you post that too as "evidence"?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Excellent points, as usual.

I guess we'll see if there's any reason to give this guy any trust in the next few weeks.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's a shame that we still aren't going to get that independent investigator that we all know should be in charge of this after Nunes stepped down here. Nah. Ryan still doesn't think Devin did anything wrong so we are going to be continued to be subject to partisan deflections as the investigation closes in on Trump and his cronies.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.nationalreview.com...

Here, it is critical to bear in mind something that can easily be forgotten. The sole purpose of foreign intelligence collection is to understand the actions and intentions of foreign powers and their operatives. ..

Example:
FULL Intelligence report:
Russian FSB agent Vlad Smirnov caught in conversation saying he knows (US Person A) in the incoming Administration likes eating at certain DC Restaurant, strongly advocates military action in Iran, has a wife that is a soccer fan and that the family has large credit card debt. Do we have anyone that knows (US Person A) or his family or friends that we can use to get close to them?

NSA forwards to National Security Counsel.

NSC Requests and gets the name of (US Person A)..Unmasked.

Ezra-Cohen in search of evidence to support Trump Wire-tapping claim:
Here Nunes! Look At this!
Excerpted from Intelligence report:
(Unmasked Trump Campaign Official) in the incoming Administration likes eating at certain DC Restaurant, strongly advocates military action in Iran, has a wife that is a soccer fan and the family has large credit card debt.

Nunes puts on the show.
Trump campaign Offilicial unmasked and it has nothing to do with Russia!
The Intelligence Committee requests the FULL Document for context to be entered into evidence.

The WH STILL refuses to provide the FULL Document.

If she followed the law it is no problem.
With the evidence available, I do not believe she and others in the former administration did.

What evidence? The WH said they would provide the full doc, but now refuses?
It was FISA warranted Surveliience..So it originated with Foreign Agents.
Nunes said the intelligence gathered was done legally.
Nunes also said he has not seen the full docs...no one but the IC and the WH has.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Other notes:

The Congressional Ethics Office is toothless.

All they can do is field complaints and ask the GOP congress to follow up if they choose to.

So Nunes recusing himself? He didn't have to..and he has refused to despite all the complaints up until now.
Despite the smokescreen that somehow the Congressional Ethics Office receiving complaints caused this..The same Office they thought so pointless that they wanted to eliminate...the truth as to why he stepped down is still not known.

The GOP obviously doesn't take the Congressional ethics Office seriously, they tried to eliminate them, and from an authority perspective, they can't make congress do anything.

So what frightened Nunes into stepping out of the spotlight is still an open question.

The heat was turned up on him in some way we don't know about yet.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'm sure the answer to that will come out in the following week or so. It seems like when misconduct occurs in this investigation, it is quickly leaked about as Nunes found out personally.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I choose to believe in the best evidence available, all of which clearly indicates that Ms. Rice has done nothing wrong.

I look forward to you posting this evidence.

You want gryph to post evidenced that he believes something different than you? Oddly enough, I would think that just him saying so IS the evidence.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm sure the answer to that will come out in the following week or so. It seems like when misconduct occurs in this investigation, it is quickly leaked about as Nunes found out personally.

I wish that was true..

But with Flynn as an example...The Intelligence Community first tries to get things done out of public view.

The IC went to the Whitehouse with FBI/DOJ in tow with full transcripts of Flynn's conversations...
They said he has got to go.
Trump ignored them.

3 Weeks later...The leaks and resignation.

If Flynn had simply stepped down for family reasons 3 weeks prior...I am pretty damn sure no leaks would have occurred.

That is why Bannon stepping down from the Security Counsel yesterday and Nunes recusing himself today seeming like pro-active moves to keep bigger stories from breaking...Or leaks from the IC if they aren't taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

LOL. Well, her interviews are the ONLY "evidence" you and the other right-wing bandwagoneers have.

So.... har har har.

/eyeroll.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hmmm... That's a possibility I hadn't considered. I'll have to think on that one.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They're about to hit Syria.

A lot of this is about to become academic.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So Gowdy isn't "taking over"?

That's a mistake. They've had enough embarrassment thus far.

This guy from Texas is very likely to continue the bumbling.

I believe Trey Gowdy is in the Senate and Nunes was the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, so I doubt he'll be getting involved with this fiasco.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Nunes said in his statement that he has requested to speak to the House Ethics Committee “at the earliest possible opportunity in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims.” In the meantime, Nunes said, Rep. Michael K. Conaway (R-Tex.) will take the lead on the Russia investigation, with assistance from Reps. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) and Thomas J. Rooney (R-Fla.).
(Source)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

CHUCK TODD: Let me start with the President's tweets yesterday, this idea that maybe President Obama ordered an illegal wiretap of his offices. If something like that happened, would this be something you would be aware of? JAMES CLAPPER: I would certainly hope so. I can't say-- obviously, I'm not, I can't speak officially anymore. But I will say that, for the part of the national security apparatus that I oversaw as DNI, there was no such wiretap activity mounted against-- the president elect at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign. I can't speak for other Title Three authorized entities in the government or a state or local entity. CHUCK TODD: Yeah, I was just going to say, if the F.B.I., for instance, had a FISA court order of some sort for a surveillance, would that be information you would know or not know? JAMES CLAPPER: Yes. CHUCK TODD: You would be told this? JAMES CLAPPER: I would know that. CHUCK TODD: If there was a FISA court order-- JAMES CLAPPER: Yes. CHUCK TODD: --on something like this. JAMES CLAPPER: Something like this, absolutely. CHUCK TODD: And at this point, you can't confirm or deny whether that exists? JAMES CLAPPER: I can deny it. CHUCK TODD: There is no FISA court order? JAMES CLAPPER: Not-- not to know my knowledge.

no fisa court orders per the former dni

CHUCK TODD: Well, that's an important revelation at this point. Let me ask you this. Does intelligence exist that can definitively answer the following question, whether there were improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials? JAMES CLAPPER: We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say, "our," that's N.S.A., F.B.I. and C.I.A., with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.

no evidence of collusion

CHUCK TODD: The New York Times, earlier this week, and as I was introducing you, this idea that they sort of left a trail, maybe lowered classif-- can you walk us through how that would work? Did they lower classification levels on certain information? Was that a fair read of what was done in the last few weeks of the administration? JAMES CLAPPER: Actually not. Because of the sensitivity of much of the information in this report, our actual effort was to protect it and not to spread it around, and certainly not to dumb it down, if I can use that phrase, in order to disseminate it more widely. We were under a preservation order from both our oversight committees to preserve and protect all the information related to that report, in any event.

and the former dni says they did not declassify or spread intel info

So where does that leave mrs rice?
She has admitted doing things the former dni denies happening.....

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

For some reason, I was thinking he was a Senator.

Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification,

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

CHUCK TODD: Let me start with the President's tweets yesterday, this idea that maybe President Obama ordered an illegal wiretap of his offices. If something like that happened, would this be something you would be aware of? JAMES CLAPPER: I would certainly hope so. I can't say-- obviously, I'm not, I can't speak officially anymore. But I will say that, for the part of the national security apparatus that I oversaw as DNI, there was no such wiretap activity mounted against-- the president elect at the time, or as a candidate, or against his campaign. I can't speak for other Title Three authorized entities in the government or a state or local entity. CHUCK TODD: Yeah, I was just going to say, if the F.B.I., for instance, had a FISA court order of some sort for a surveillance, would that be information you would know or not know? JAMES CLAPPER: Yes. CHUCK TODD: You would be told this? JAMES CLAPPER: I would know that. CHUCK TODD: If there was a FISA court order-- JAMES CLAPPER: Yes. CHUCK TODD: --on something like this. JAMES CLAPPER: Something like this, absolutely. CHUCK TODD: And at this point, you can't confirm or deny whether that exists? JAMES CLAPPER: I can deny it. CHUCK TODD: There is no FISA court order? JAMES CLAPPER: Not-- not to know my knowledge.

no fisa court orders per the former dni

No Warrant issued for Trump Campaign while Clapper was there.
Nunes said this was FISA Warranted, LEGAL and "Incidental"...Meaning it was collected while surveilling foreign agents.

Clapper: No Warrant Issued to target Trump and Associates
Nunes: "Incidental collection" in FISA Warrant...aka Foreign agents surveilled.

no evidence of collusion

When Clapper was there 4 months ago.

You seem to be confusing things on purpose or are legitimately confused..

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You understand unmasking us citizens requires the fisa warrent?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If it was collected it should have been legal under a FISA warrant.

Disseminating that information is the felony. And it seems that is what happened. Its what Gowdy seems most interested in (as a former federal prosecutor).

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You understand unmasking us citizens requires the fisa warrent?

?????

First comes the FISA Warrant...then Unmasking Requests..
CIA, NSA and FBI all have lawyers and analysts that they assign to determine if they will unmask someone. (Less than 20)
Susan Rice and no one in the WH has that authority...they can only ask.
Once a request is in the "panel" across NSA, CIA, FBI has to determine two things for unmasking.
(A) Is the name critical to the intelligence
(B) Is the intelligence critical to national security

Only if those two qualifiers are met does the panel sign off and unmask a name.

No..A second FISA warrant is not required for unmasking US Persons.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If it was collected it should have been legal under a FISA warrant.

Correct...everyone agrees from Nunes to Rice and everyone in-between.

Legally collected under FISA Warrant, Incidental collection.

Disseminating that information is the felony.

More or less, depending on the person, but for the context of the right wing narrative...Yes, would be a Felony.

And it seems that is what happened.

No evidence of the same. The intelligence shared with Nunes was not the Flynn leaks etc. by all accounts.
Two different things.

Sidenote: I am pretty sure that the Flynn leaks were fully sanctioned by the IC community leadership for the reasons I cite in the prior post on this page. Congress will not get anywhere there...that wasn't "leakers" in IC...that was Operation Remove Blackmail/Treason liability Flynn by the IC.
Asking the IC community to find out and prosecute who leaked that Flynn was a national security threat and literal agent of a foreign governmetn? Good luck with that..

Its what Gowdy seems most interested in (as a former federal prosecutor).

No offense...But who cares..That is a political angle, not a legal or factual one.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join