It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought experiment for The Jew, Chirstian & Mulsim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is focused mainly on those of us who are of Faith based. Over the next Two weeks, show your fellow human being the better half of your beliefs. Go out of your way to do those things as described in your Holy texts. Be selfless. and then be honest enough to provide us with the "before and after" attitude from your personal experiences

Describe to us how you felt going into it and during your experience while doing so and how later, you felt after....
edit on 1-4-2017 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well, i wasnt planning on the circumcision spree till summer, but what the hay?

i dunno, i guess i can share some matzahball soup too.

this may be fun.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
And for the atheists, you can just be the immoral, uncaring heathens who hate everybody as you are usually are
Clearly only those of faith do good things occasionally

Patronising much?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Your post is ironic in ways i dare not consider

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Already doing it. I feel like a door mat trampled under the feet of self serving cattle. I don't do it for that warm fuzzy glow.
edit on 2-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Yeah, I think you get the point, I hope you get the point, doubt you get the point

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
OH NO!!!.

Now I have to be careful of nutters with large scimitars telling me to convert to there's or die.

Or worse HARE KRISHNA's (harmless mostly if very cringe worthy)

(by the way I am a christian but just could not resist a good chuckle Lord forgive me)
edit on 2-4-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
And for the atheists, you can just be the immoral, uncaring heathens who hate everybody as you are usually are
Clearly only those of faith do good things occasionally

Patronising much?
Clearly lol
edit on 2-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
This is focused mainly on those of us who are of Faith based. Over the next Two weeks, show your fellow human being the better half of your beliefs. Go out of your way to do those things as described in your Holy texts. Be selfless. and then be honest enough to provide us with the "before and after" attitude from your personal experiences

Describe to us how you felt going into it and during your experience while doing so and how later, you felt after....
I guess after the two weeks you can all go back to being the selfish, self rightous, holier than thou, better than everyone, god's special little children with a direct line, speaking to god every day, pushing your values on everybody else, feeling attacked everytime someone disagrees with you selves that you normally are.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Why limit it to those 3 religions? Also, did you intentionally misspell Christian & Muslim?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Lol

Go out of your way to do those things as described in your Holy texts.
like killing unruly children, gays, adulterers, and witches?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Go out of your way to do those things as described in your Holy texts

I used to be a practicing Christian - but cannibalism is outlawed in Western Society anyway so no sacraments for me

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I don't understand why this is a challenge? If you are what you claim to be, then this is already what you do.

Unless, of course, you think that putting everyone else before yourself means giving in to their every selfish whim and desire? In which case, I admit I will fail since I am a parent and it is hardly advisable to give a 6-year-old every single thing he wants as he wants it.
edit on 2-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It's important to note that the Lord of the Old Testament is not the same as that of the New. He was made new in Baptism, facing himself alone after his circumcision (Crown of Thorns). For the Christian side, it is necessary to be selfless, not this:

Isaiah 48

11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this.
How can I let myself be defamed?
I will not yield my glory to another.

After bragging how he was refining Israel, the truth then emerges. It has nothing to do with them, but his own pride and ambition. This has always been evident from his words as the Devil hidden by the magic of the Magen.

In Jesus case, we look at passages like Matthew 10.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

For me, there is a higher way than both these comparisons. Love demands more. Selflessness demands that we act for the benefit of others, not our own wish to be loved and glorified. In the Matthew 10 statements, it is clear that the Old Lord is still in the New. How will we know if He can ever live up to what truth demands?

He must come again. What will we see when he returns?

Zephaniah 1

2 “I will sweep away everything
from the face of the earth,”
declares the Lord.
3 “I will sweep away both man and beast;
I will sweep away the birds in the sky
and the fish in the sea—
and the idols that cause the wicked to stumble.”[a]
“When I destroy all mankind
on the face of the earth,”
declares the Lord,
4 “I will stretch out my hand against Judah
and against all who live in Jerusalem.
I will destroy every remnant of Baal worship in this place,
the very names of the idolatrous priests—
5 those who bow down on the roofs
to worship the starry host,
those who bow down and swear by the Lord
and who also swear by Molek,
6 those who turn back from following the Lord
and neither seek the Lord nor inquire of him.”

Only Molek (Moloch) destroys children with no regard to why they are in the state they are in. We know who made Satan in Genesis 3:1. We also know who CREATED (Bara) Adam in Genesis 1. This is the Father of Man, or Elohim (Aleph Lamed is EL). Al_LAH.

Am I Christian, Muslim or Buddhist? No. I am the essence of Elohim and Ruach Elohim as they rest (first verses of Genesis 2) from all their creation. All of us are this same essence as images of the first Adam in Living Word (DNA). As they rest, they wait for the moment their Son grows up. We are their Son. Not our Glory, but the Mother and Father.

Note Jesus say to love him more than your Mother (Ruach Elohim) and Father (EL). Compare to Isaiah 48. If you wish to find truth, overcome the image. See This: Conclusion on the Identity of God

When we see the Lord ruling himself as King, we will see him fulfill his words from the sermon on the mount, being the Price of Peace and not the one with a Sword in his hand for his own glory. On that day, he will glorify the one giving him the Kingdom--his Mother and Father.

Their Glory, not his. I stand up to his fear with courage, breaking the bondage of the Magen. He is the Ram caught in the thicket. By this, I know who we are by our own lower nature. We are him. The mandate is to overcome this Ego for humility before the true God. God is Love.

I believe that he was raised from the dead (1 John 1, 4). We are him in baptism (rebirth). Should we be Anti-Christ? No. To do this is to judge ourselves. We are him as a body. The head rules the body, so our collective mind is the one in this state of fallen nature. The only answer is love for him, others and recognition of the Mother and Father of creation as Absolute. No more. No less. Unconditional Love. Our hand is the one that gives both sickness and medicine. There is no one to judge but ourselves.

edit on 2-4-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: For reasons which will only be made clear in the world to come. For now, enjoy this day after yesterday. It's always the day after yesterday until it's the day after tomorrow!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

'Feelings' are 'thoughts/ego'.
Even the Bible says, clearly, never to believe them or your thoughts!
By 'Faith' based, you mean 'belief' based.
All intellectual/ego with no experience/Knowledge!
We can certainly attempt to 'fake' the unconditional Love, and the Virtues therefrom.
I cannot see any harm, but it will all be ego/vanity based, and fall far short of the Real Thing (tm)!
As would anyone reporting how wonderful they were for doing such stuff!

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

Sounds like Ghandi's "Be the change that you want to see!"
Good advice, for all the good good advice does. *__-

new topics

top topics

join