It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: 3 people shot at Virginia Motorsports Park

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

At least three people were shot during the second annual Spring Fest at the Virginia Motorsports Park Saturday, according to WTVR.

Police from Dinwiddie and Petersburg confirm the “mass casualty” situation, according to WRIC.

Authorities have not confirmed the condition of those injured.

The Spring Fest event is a motorcycle and car rally and race as well as concert with performers, including Lil Boosie.

Reports: 3 people shot at Virginia Motorsports Park

This is still a breaking story, but at least three people were shot. When a local reporter arrived on scene she was told to get back into her car because the scene wasn't secure.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

My heart and prayers go out to all involved. Bless the first responders.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Alcohol and social events are a dangerous mix.

No telling when the vessel, the abuser, will crack, but it will, given just one sip too much.

People all over the place are taking the mind-altering, inhibition melting, belligerence boosting,
and personality shattering hard core substance, and it is notoriously easy to OD
since contents of one's stomach, or even mood,
are known to change the user's ability to metabolize it.

Complete 'amnesia of events' is commonly corroborated, by crime scene witness testimony.

Being addictive, alcohol can be found in supermarkets right next to the food aisle,
in gas stations
and corner joints,
even specialty cafes and stores,
which cater specifically to this gnawing thirst.

Many are junkies who become ill without their fix, oft requiring hospitalization before,
broken at last, being carted off in a heap to embark on the long journey to attempted recovery.

Many perish of the known ravages of simple, uncomplicated chronic use... and when a common household stimulant/antidote is administered, cocaethylene, synthesized only in the liver and not available on the street, does little to mitigate the delusions they experience while high-in fact, it makes them want to ingest even more ethanol, since it is legally tolerated, and symptoms of an overdose are eradicated by the increased euphoria, yet the poison lingers...and craves more stimulant to further alienate the mind from an already distant reality...a vicious cycle...

No need to elaborate on proven facts.

I can say honestly that I don't know anyone who would
just wake up one day and decide to shoot up
a place before placing
their lips against a bottle.

Prayers that this blistering epidemic can be abated.

# 738
edit on 2-4-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Police are reporting that gunshots started at multiple places in the park during a bike rally and concert. Two people were taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries. It's not clear if they were shot, or were injured in the panic after. A third person was hit by a car while leaving the park. There were multiple minor injuries.

www.richmond.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
LilBoosie?? I bet I know the "cause" of this violence. Probably not drug or alcohol abuse, more likely thug culture that is destroying whole communities. Unless we address this problem it will just get worse, look to Chicago.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Today, the commercials on TV take up more then 37 minutes of air time. So what do expect from a frustrated population. Please come to my home and have dinner with me because I want to be friends with you. The world has changed a lot. People are more like "kiss off" and get the "fk" off my path. Sad, but true. Take the religious path if you will, no pastor worth his bs soul in kindness wants to talk to you if you are penniless and need help. The members might, but the MAN preaching, BS, he doesn't give a fk. He's brain dead.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
LilBoosie?? I bet I know the "cause" of this violence. Probably not drug or alcohol abuse, more likely thug culture that is destroying whole communities. Unless we address this problem it will just get worse, look to Chicago.

Well, that's been going on for decades and no-one has given a damn. I mean yeah Chicago is the worst, right now... but gangland exists all over the country and in most major cities. Nothing is done about it because "thug" culture is glamorized. Billions are made from it. The dems and MSM LOVE it, and keep embracing it, while large portions of the black community also embrace it as their own. Anyone trying to shut it down is "racist" these days.

Anyway... Sorry to go a bit astray from the OP even IF the "thug" problem needs to be addressed. Do we even know if this is gang related yet?

ETA - NVM Zaph has just answered the question that I didn't see. Looks to be "thug" related. Yep.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is the way of the world and until there's a convergence of aligned pathologies the broadening contrary cultures will each split into its own faction proving that mankinds are subspecies with differing DNA, not entirely unlike homo erectus VS homo sapiens VS piltdown man. Which will emerge on top is the discussion being discoursed currently. If only it weren't so!!

Until then we must All. Try. To. Get. Along. Shame the libs make it so difficult.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Seriously....your post is the far most left most stupid most reaching post i have read in a while..... including the mud pit !

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I didn't even know he got out of jail.
edit on 2017-04-01T23:28:16-05:002201701America/Chicago4 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Did you know that East St. Louis and St. Louis actually have a higher rate than Chicago? Gary, Indiana does, so, too, does Youngstown, Ohio. Along with 24 other communities around the nation...

Interesting, no? Now that Obama is out of office, perhaps St. Louis can take it's rightful place...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Did you know that East St. Louis and St. Louis actually have a higher rate than Chicago? Gary, Indiana does, so, too, does Youngstown, Ohio. Along with 24 other communities around the nation...

Interesting, no? Now that Obama is out of office, perhaps St. Louis can take it's rightful place...

I'm not at all surprised. I live in Colorado Springs. A city nobody ever talks about, much less even knows exists. But even here.. There are certain parts of town that are thug-ridden. There are some places any smart person wouldn't go at night. Shootings happen here too, mostly south and eastern parts of town. It's twice as bad in Denver.

Thugs get a pass from society because no-one wants to be called racist, even tho thugs exist in ALL colors. It's just large segments of the black community would rather claim it as theirs, thus the racism card that is always played. Guilt is the cause of this. Also however, a WHOLE ton of money is being made due to that culture. The money makers don't want to see that crappy culture come to an end. That's the sad and sick truth. And that's why it still exists. It's no longer about "victimhood" these people don't want real honest hardworking jobs or education. It's too "white".

You, or some other readers may think I'm being dramatic etc, but no, this is real. Anyone living in gangland will tell you it's real.
edit on 2-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I'm not at all surprised. I live in Colorado Springs. A city nobody ever talks about, much less even knows exists. But even here.. There are certain parts of town that are thug-ridden. There are some places any smart person wouldn't go at night. Shootings happen here too, mostly south and eastern parts of town. It's twice as bad in Denver.

Thugs get a pass from society because no-one wants to be called racist, even tho thugs exist in ALL colors. It's just large segments of the black community would rather claim it as theirs, thus the racism card that is always played. Guilt is the cause of this. Also however, a WHOLE ton of money is being made due to that culture. The money makers don't want to see that crappy culture come to an end. That's the sad and sick truth. And that's why it still exists. It's no longer about "victimhood" these people don't want real honest hardworking jobs or education. It's too "white".

You, or some other readers may think I'm being dramatic etc, but no, this is real. Anyone living in gangland will tell you it's real.

Here in Japan, it is the law that the govt. housing authority can not rent to undersireables . yep, you read it right
If you are a gang member or yakuza thug, no way will you be allowed to rent in govt housing. it should be that way in the states, but isnt that called being "predjuiduce "

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Interesting. You are right. I suppose it's not considered "prejudiced" in Japan since the majority of thugs there aren't considered minorities. But yes, it's pretty much the same situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

The white gun homicide rate in America is virtually identical to most countries in western Europe. For example, if NYC was 100% white, the shooting rate would drop by 97%.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Oh, I totally believe you. I've experience with that culture, too.

My little town is well represented, as it's a prison town (in more ways than one...), we have Hispanic, Samoan, White, and Black gangs representing/tagging all over town. Meth flows like water here.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Wow . . . Really?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It is done in the US as well. There are regulations that won't allow people convicted of certain crimes to live within public housing. However, enforcement is not always 100% due to limited budgets. Also, there are often many people residing in these places who are not on the lease.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

In my experience, here in Boston, there's a constant swing of the pendulum. There's a wave of violence and the community calls for more police, more patrols, etc.. They get it and then there's an outcry from the community that they're being targeted by the police. I don't always agree with the police tactics, and certainly disdain the training they receive relative to "controlling" situations, but when the community calls for more police and then the community refuses to cooperate with them ("snitches get stitches") and calls every police action brutality, there's really no winning.

In the low-income white neighborhoods of Boston there's a lot of crime. I'm sure you've all heard of Whitey Bulger and the "Irish" mafia, and the Italian mafia. Charlestown is known for producing bank robbers and armored car thieves, etc. etc. And they have a code of silence too. The difference is that those communities, at least until relatively recently, had much less transience and were therefore stable. The thugs did their crimes, which certainly affected the community and innocents, but they had a code that everyone understood and followed. It wasn't right, I'm not trying to glorify it. It was evil men doing evil things. However, there were internal controls that didn't allow for the complete devastation of a community. Kids could still play in the streets without fear of being shot, etc. etc..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join