It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Babylonian Assyrian New Year 6767

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thats right, they may be ancient, but they are not lost! The Assyrian people are still around to this day with a 6767 year culture preserved through the Millennia! And right now they are fighting against extremist elements and terrorism to preserve not only their land, but their very culture! So happy New years to the Assyrian/Babylonian descendants, may they succeed with the other cultures there in securing their homeland away from Tyranny and Oppression!

Kha b' Nisan or Ha b' Nisin,[1] also Ha b' Nison; ܚܕ ܒܢܝܣܢ "First of April", Resha d'Sheta; ܪܫܐ ܕܫܢܬܐ "Head of the year" in Assyrian, also known as Akitu, or Assyrian New Year[2] is the spring festival among the Assyrians, celebrated on 1 April.

Celebrations involve parades and parties. Some Assyrians wear traditional costume and dance in parks for hours. In Europe, the United States and Canada, there are often parties with food, music and dance.[3]
Assyrians celebrate Kha b' Nisan by holding social events including parades and parties. They also gather in clubs and social institutions and listen to the poets who recite the story of creation. The men and women wear traditional clothes and dance in parks for hours.

It has also become tradition to hold a parade down King Sargon Blvd in Chicago, Illinois,[15] with the Assyrian organizations, churches, and sometimes businesses, each creating a float and participating in the parade.

It is a tradition in Assyrian villages for girls to gather flowers and herbs which are then suspended under the house's roof. The bunches are referred to as "Deqna d' Nisan",[16] ܕܩܢܐ ܕܢܝܣܢ meaning "beard of April/Spring".

Thank the modern information era an the internet we can understand and realize many of Earth's most ancient and biblical cultures are still around in the modern world and just trying to enjoy life like any of the rest of us.

A little bit about the Assyrian diaspora in Australia

A festival in Turlock, not sure where that is though ...

Parade in Chicago today

Lets celebrate this moment by understanding the diversity of our Earth's ancient cultures and honor the contributions they have made throughout history as well!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

These are my people. It's too bad they were tainted with Christianity. At least a few still follow the old gods.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Shanah Tovah !!!

Buck

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Is that the symbol for NATO?

Modern Babylon is New York anyway.

edit on 1-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What? That's Crazy I didn't know the Assyrian Culture was still around.
I thought it was ancient history.
This is Crazy Cool.

I have only begun looking into another Ancient Culture the Yazidi.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

These are my people. It's too bad they were tainted with Christianity. At least a few still follow the old gods.

It is my understanding that it is the religion of peace that bears the greatest responsibility for what you are referring to.
edit on 1-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Correct, Syria which covers much of the old heartland of this culture kept it's ethnicity intact for a very long time, many distinct ethnic groups in fact but did become an independent Christian kingdom, often at odd's with it's orthodox and even Catholic neighbors but more at odd's with the Orthodox that kept trying to impose it's will over them, they were one of the oldest and in fact most pure christian church's and still hold there ceremony's in an ancient Syrian dialect of Arymeic.

Abysha how did they pollute those people (to whom we are all undoubtedly related), those Christian's, perhaps the truest line of original Christianity in the world were true people's of those land's, some rather strange saint's though such as Simeon Stylites.
upload.wikimedia.org...
His faith was such that he set himself apart from the world so that he could emulate his lord day and night for decades by staying atop a pillar.

What do you actually know of there belief's or reason for turning to Christ?.

edit on 2-4-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Someone should make Babylon great again.

Oh wait, did that Hussien dude think he was Nebuchadnezzar ?

Well, I wish them the best.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
holy smokes that is so cool you have Assyrian background. Do you know much about the old Gods Ashura and Marduk?? Is that where part of your screen name comes from? Because I don't have a clue, and lately have become very interested after realizing, Assyrian culture still exists!
a reply to: intrptr

No that is the symbol of the Nineveh Plain Protection Units (NPU), an Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac Christian Force in Nineveh Plain that banded together after Saudi funded Wahhabi anti-Islamic psycho cannibal child killers who shake hands and smile with John McCain raided their country and began trying to erase their history through mass killings and genocide. But moving on, because I would rather not make this political, they also work with the SDF in fighting unIslamicState in Syria by providing fighters for the cause. Click on the image the visit their twitter page.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
holy smokes that is so cool you have Assyrian background. Do you know much about the old Gods Ashura and Marduk?? Is that where part of your screen name comes from? Because I don't have a clue, and lately have become very interested after realizing, Assyrian culture still exists!
a reply to: intrptr

No that is the symbol of the Nineveh Plain Protection Units (NPU), an Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac Christian Force in Nineveh Plain that banded together after Saudi funded Wahhabi anti-Islamic psycho cannibal child killers who shake hands and smile with John McCain raided their country and began trying to erase their history through mass killings and genocide. But moving on, because I would rather not make this political, they also work with the SDF in fighting unIslamicState in Syria by providing fighters for the cause. Click on the image the visit their twitter page.

It's also a partial symbol for Shamash, the sun god. Sumerian version would be Utu.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I like it, has kind of an "all seeing eye" look to it.
These kids wer it while singing Happy New Year, in whatever language they are singing anyways.

Here is some stuff from the Sydney festival

More from Turlock, which is in California.

This parade is in Canada, but appears a bit unorganized.
edit on 4-5-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

join