It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is one conspiracy theory that led you to ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It was the same for me.

I have always "wanted to know."

Being raised so fundamentalist Christian I could never question anything. Then the older I got the more I learned-and learned what a vast amount I didn't know and could never speak of.

I feel free here-I can question or contemplate whatever I want and not feel (usually) ridiculed or shut off. Kind of like taking the lid off a pressure cooker. There is no one in my "real" world I can talk about or even suggest 99% of what goes on in my mind.

Another website mentioned ATS. I am so grateful for all the openness and mind expansion.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I bought a time machine made by some guy who claims to have worked with Titor called the Hyper Dimensional Resonator (HDR device) featured in Napolean Dynamite, it was one of my earlier threads, I was gonna test it out but never got the chance.

Going to Buy and Test HDR Time Travel Device

There are pictures in there of the thing that I took.

That was SUPER close to when I first joined. I think I was definitely aware of Titor before ATS, but I think I found ATS while Google searching some conspiracy or another... I'm guessing it had to do with the supernatural, not political at all, I only got interested in politics so in-depth after reading the threads ATS has to offer.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

High five! A third Titor fan in this thread lol

Do you believe the guy you bought the HDR from is genuine?
edit on 4/2/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
In conversation with my brother's family, when I was about to move to a new town, I made some flippant reference to the fact that somebody had reported seeing a UFO. My sister-in-law took it more seriously, commenting that we needed help of that kind "because they say the world is going to end in 2012".
I had not heard of this theory before, so I started googling "2012" and "end of the world" to satisfy my curiosity about the weird things people believe in, and of course came across ATS.
What kept me on ATS, in the medium term, was the long-running thread on "What's happening in Yellowstone?"

edit on 2-4-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'd have to say that the Waco incident is what led me to conspiracy "theories." I didn't become a member of ATS until 2006, but I was a lurker here as far back as 2002. I don't remember exactly what I was looking into when I found this site, but I suspect it had either something to do with 9/11 or the paranormal.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
As a long time listener to Coast to Coast with Art Bell I begun searching the web for the truth on 911 as it looked faked to me. I'm sure I followed the Coast to Coast link to find ATS and have been here one way or another since then.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

High five! A third Titor fan in this thread lol

Do you believe the guy you bought the HDR from is genuine?

Not sure, I don't think so. But other people bought the HDR from him and say they've used it for time travel. I think a few have blogs. I haven't tested it because it requires finding a certain kind of location on Earth where leylines intersect I think. I researched leylines and found a website that maps them and there is a spot near me.

You have to pay him through Western Union which means that other services think he's a scam according to some sites, or maybe he just doesn't take PayPal or do bank transfers.

It IS a fairly simple machine that Does exist and it does include a genuine dildo-shaped electromagnet and stuff. There are pictures on my thread somewhere.

Stephen Gibbs did freak out a bit when he found out I posted a thread on ATS about buying his machine to test it we talked on the phone and he asked me if it was my thread and I choked up and said no.
edit on 03pmMon, 03 Apr 2017 17:00:34 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Hey Darkbake
I clearly remember going through all 20 odd pages of your thread. Man that was a long thread

Anyhow, I just wanted to hit a few of your points even thought it's been many months since you posted your message (I haven;t visited ATS in many yrs).

I am not sure about western union. I paid him via personal check and he was fine with it. He even said that he has trust and said he would send out the unit even before I had sent him the check. Also, just because he prefers western union does not really mean other services think he's a scam. About online transfers, I think Gibbs just stays away from Internet, email or any online transaction. He's either old school or doesn't trust it (nothing wrong in that).

I have interacted with a few folks who have had success with HDR as well.
Peace

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join