It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Surveilled Before Nomination, Agencies with Info Blocked Nunes for Weeks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Indigo5

Be careful what you're ok with, identity politics backfires on liberals and I suspect this McCarthyism revisited will backfire on them too...

Both houses are Majority GOP. Both Intelligence Investigative Committees are Chaired by GOP and staffed with a majority of GOP. The FBI is a branch of DOJ led by a Trump appointee and reporting to the executive branch.

Who exactly are you referring to as "Liberals" in these investigations?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Evidence before investigation. That is the norm. What is the evidence to justify investigation?

There is public and non-public evidence.

Either or which or both combined warranting an ongoing FBI investigation and two congressional investigations.

The public evidence you can research for yourself.

The non-public evidence requires a security clearance.

????

Not sure how else to help you cognate?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah well they will ignore it because it's not CNN. There is so much evidence that the last administration did shady things but people won't listen.

Yeah, headline on CNN right now about someone not reporting income from Russia. Wouldn't you know it, the article isn't about Podesta for some reason and, instead, talks about someone who received substantially less

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Someone please either confirm my thoughts or educate me where I am wrong about this.

OK

Nunes is on a committee to review Russian participation into the 2016 election. I assume this includes every path the investigation may lead which "could" include the Trump administration, the DNC, etc.

Right..

Someone contacted or approached Nunes claiming to have information about (excuse my phrasing) documents potentially exposing illegal or incorrect "tapping" of the Trump team prior to and since the election.

"Someone" was Trump's WH team, the subject of the investigation that Nunes was purportedly chairing.

Nunes then viewed this information and informed the Trump administration and the press.

Nunes went to the WH grounds, viewed the "evidence" they wanted him to see.

THEN went to the press and made a show of how he had seemed damning evidence of unmasked names of Trump officials.

Wouldn't say where he got it...wouldn't share with the intelligence committee he chairs..THEN made a big show of going BACK to the WH to show them the evidence they had given him the night before.

When reporters tracked him and discovered he got the info from the WH (Sean Spicer has admitted as much)...only then did he admit that's where he got it.

So..Why the press show of "sharing it" with the people that he got it from?

Nunes has also walked back how "damning" the evidence was..admitting most of the names were masked, but you "could tell" who they were....

The "evidence" is also excerpted...meaning we don't know the context of conversations and why it was gathered.

So here is my question...the information brought to the attention of Nunes had NOTHING to do with Russian ties to the election.

THAT seems highly unlikely...No career NSA/CIA/FBI surveillance team would risk 30 years in prison to help out a pal...Obama, Clinton or otherwise.

No doubt, the full context of evidence (not snippets) will show the FISA warrants that gathered the info.

Some are calling for him to step down. So why would he go to a committee with information about a potential crime, etc. that is COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THEIR INVESTIGATION?

If it was unrelated to their investigation, then why did the Trump WH choose the Chairman of the Intelligence Committee tasked with investigating their potential collusion to see the evidence? Why didn't they go public themselves? Why didn't they pick one of the other 400 members of congress to show the evidence to?
Why did Nunes agree to meet with them and sell their "evidence"? He is the most senior member of the committee tasked with investigating them.

Why did Nunes hide where he got it? And then make a fake show of "sharing it" with the same WH that gave him the "evidence"..all the while not letting anyone else see the evidence?

Neither did these documents...no relation to Russia, etc.

You keep repeating this...It is 99.99% likely that is false.

The collection, processing and summary of the surveillance intelligence would involve 20-30 people.
I heard former FBI folks discuss it in interview.
That intelligence has Doc. Numbers etc. etc.
That means it was WARRANTED Surveillance by the IC Community...aka FISA Warrant.
To collect, process and report intelligence not-covered under FISA would mean every one of those 20-30 career CIA/NSA/FBI would be risking 30 years in prison for an illegal surveillance operation...and then went to the trouble to fully document it and record it.

That means the evidence shared by the WH is likely excerpted from more complete context.
And it is without a doubt associated with a FISA warrant.

Absent the "evidence" being shared with the press, or the intelligence committee, Nunes...the Chairman of the Committee tasked with investigating Trump..should not have been behaving as their chief PR spokesperson, and a dishonest one at that.

So to summarize...with all the facts, there is no reason to remove Nunes. The only REASON would be suspicions and percentages from your statements. Well...if so...you don't send someone to jail on a "maybe" or "it would make sense" you have to PROVE wrong doing. And the facts that this point are not the "maybes" you threw out there, but the FACTS of the situation.

Therefore...thank you. I believe that until there are FACTS, this man is innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

White House lawyers last month learned that the former national security adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

www.bloomberg.com...

Buck

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71

White House lawyers last month learned that the former national security adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

www.bloomberg.com...

Buck

Fascinating...

The Source is Ezra Cohen-Watnick...

Brought into the Whitehouse by Michael Flynn...

And found questionable by both the Intelligence Community AND Trump's NEW Chief National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster who replaced Flynn after he resigned.

H.R. McMaster asked to transfer/fire Ezra Cohen-Watnik...and Trump personally stepped in and over-rode the decision.

heavy.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Someone please either confirm my thoughts or educate me where I am wrong about this.

OK

Nunes is on a committee to review Russian participation into the 2016 election. I assume this includes every path the investigation may lead which "could" include the Trump administration, the DNC, etc.

Right..

Someone contacted or approached Nunes claiming to have information about (excuse my phrasing) documents potentially exposing illegal or incorrect "tapping" of the Trump team prior to and since the election.

"Someone" was Trump's WH team, the subject of the investigation that Nunes was purportedly chairing.

Nunes then viewed this information and informed the Trump administration and the press.

THEN went to the press and made a show of how he had seemed damning evidence of unmasked names of Trump officials.

Wouldn't say where he got it...wouldn't share with the intelligence committee he chairs..THEN made a big show of going BACK to the WH to show them the evidence they had given him the night before.

When reporters tracked him and discovered he got the info from the WH (Sean Spicer has admitted as much)...only then did he admit that's where he got it.

Nunes has also walked back how "damning" the evidence was..admitting most of the names were masked, but you "could tell" who they were....

The "evidence" is also excerpted...meaning we don't know the context of conversations and why it was gathered.

So here is my question...the information brought to the attention of Nunes had NOTHING to do with Russian ties to the election.

THAT seems highly unlikely...No career NSA/CIA/FBI surveillance team would risk 30 years in prison to help out a pal...Obama, Clinton or otherwise.

No doubt, the full context of evidence (not snippets) will show the FISA warrants that gathered the info.

Some are calling for him to step down. So why would he go to a committee with information about a potential crime, etc. that is COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THEIR INVESTIGATION?

If it was unrelated to their investigation, then why did the Trump WH choose the Chairman of the Intelligence Committee tasked with investigating their potential collusion to see the evidence? Why didn't they go public themselves? Why didn't they pick one of the other 400 members of congress to show the evidence to?
Why did Nunes agree to meet with them and sell their "evidence"? He is the most senior member of the committee tasked with investigating them.

Why did Nunes hide where he got it? And then make a fake show of "sharing it" with the same WH that gave him the "evidence"..all the while not letting anyone else see the evidence?

The collection, processing and summary of the surveillance intelligence would involve 20-30 people.
That means it was WARRANTED Surveillance by the IC Community...aka FISA Warrant.
To collect, process and report intelligence not-covered under FISA would mean every one of those 20-30 career CIA/NSA/FBI would be risking 30 years in prison for an illegal surveillance operation...and then went to the trouble to fully document it and record it.

That means the evidence shared by the WH is likely excerpted from more complete context.

Absent the "evidence" being shared with the press, or the intelligence committee, Nunes...the Chairman of the Committee tasked with investigating Trump..should not have been behaving as their chief PR spokesperson, and a dishonest one at that.

So to summarize...with all the facts, there is no reason to remove Nunes. The only REASON would be suspicions and percentages from your statements.

That summary is bizarre...It makes no sense..

Well...if so...you don't send someone to jail on a "maybe" or "it would make sense" you have to PROVE wrong doing.

We aren't talking about jail? If a lead investigator is working closely with a suspect...they should not be investigating.

If Nunes was FBI...he would be suspended and the subject of an investigation himself.

That's just reality.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So how does this differ from incidentally collected intelligence? If I were in the State Department, the name of nominee for President would jump out at me if he and the people surrounding him are in communications with a foreign power.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

OK

Right..

So to summarize...with all the facts, there is no reason to remove Nunes. The only REASON would be suspicions and percentages from your statements.

That summary is bizarre...It makes no sense..

Well...if so...you don't send someone to jail on a "maybe" or "it would make sense" you have to PROVE wrong doing.

We aren't talking about jail? If a lead investigator is working closely with a suspect...they should not be investigating.

If Nunes was FBI...he would be suspended and the subject of an investigation himself.

That's just reality.

No. The committe is investigating Russian interference. There is no evidence pointing to Trump's involvement with that and the investigation isn't about Trump anymore than it is about you. Nunes received information completely outside the committe investigation...simply information of interest and about Trump. He had no reason what-so-ever to mention that to the committe because it had nothing to do with the Russian investigation. Nothing at all. He therefore did the natural thing and reported it to those involved.

Unless you are implying that the committee is investing Trump and all things about Trump must go through the committe, only things related to Russian interference would be referenced to them. For example...receiving all of Trumps leaked tax documents have nothing to do with Russian interference...unless they are later determined to have some relevance. Finding Trump's tax documents shouldn't be given to a group investigating non-tax documents.

Unless...of course...it truly is a witch hunt for ANYTHING about Trump.

PS: My summary is logical. If you are under investigation by the IRS for tax evasion and then are stopped for drunk driving, there is no reason for that information to be turned over to the IRS.

PSS: Since when and in what world is Trump a suspect in the Russian investigation??? Every intelligence agency has stated that there are no Russian interference links to Trump? Or are you now claiming to know more facts than they do???
edit on 4/3/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Separate topic: So...Susan Rice, known Obama liar and pawn got the American citizen's names exposed in the wiretapping done that included Trump and/or his affiliates.

So...Trump was right. Obama wiretapped him.

So again my children, the story ends the same. The Liberal Democrat broke the law again, as he has before, instructing his minions to break the law and lie in attempts to make a Republican sound like they did something wrong...when they didn't. Isn't that called conspiracy? If so, can we NOW put the poo-flinging Obama in a cage? Maybe right next to lying Susan Rice?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No. The committe is investigating Russian interference. There is no evidence pointing to Trump's involvement with that and the investigation isn't about Trump anymore than it is about you.

FBI Director James Comey Testifying to the intelligence committee:

"I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI is investigating Russia's interference in the US election," Comey added, which "includes whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russian efforts. This will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed. I can not say more about whose conduct we are investigating."

www.businessinsider.com...

Nunes received information completely outside the committe investigation...simply information of interest and about Trump. He had no reason what-so-ever to mention that to the committe because it had nothing to do with the Russian investigation. Nothing at all.

You have no evidence that it had nothing to do with the Russia Investigation?

Furthermore..

Langer (nunes spokesperson) asserted that Nunes did not explicitly say Trump was spied on when he briefed reporters Wednesday

On Thursday, the Republican Congressional Campaign Committee sent out an email about Nunes' remarks with the subject line, "Confirmed: Obama Spied on Trump."

Nunes himself said he wasn't making that claim — he said the surveillance was legal and there was no wiretap of Trump Tower.

www.nbcnews.com...

But over the course of the week he started to hedge and walk back the claim, and Friday morning he said he can’t be sure that Trump’s or his aides’ conversations were captured by surveillance at all.

www.vox.com...

He therefore did the natural thing and reported it to those involved.

No...He reported it to the press...then pretended to report it to the WH, not telling anyone the WH are the ones who gave him the material.

Unless you are implying that the committee is investing Trump and all things about Trump must go through the committe, only things related to Russian interference would be referenced to them.

The intelligence he received FROM THE WHITEHOUSE...was LEGALLY obtained..according to Nunes himself..

That means it was under a Warrant...Are you suggesting that the Trump Administration is involved in some OTHER activity being actively investigated by the FBI apart from Russia?

IF it was unrelated to the Russia investigation...then WHY did Nunes APOLOGIZE to his own committee and then SHARE it with them, but no one else??

By your failed logic...he shouldn't share it with the Committee investigating Russia and Trump Collusion ...he should share it with the Press? BUT the OPPOSITE happened.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I don't agree. You are implying things you shouldn't and obviously have a preference of how you want this to turn out like most liberals and are hunting for information to support your desired conclusion. In other words...a witch hunt.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Separate topic: So...Susan Rice, known Obama liar and pawn got the American citizen's names exposed in the wiretapping done that included Trump and/or his affiliates.

There is no public source for that claim. It is an anonymous official ..Who cites Ezra-Cohen...A person Trump's current Chief National Security Advisor wanted removed from the WH, but Trump over-rode that decision.

Ezra is a Bannon/Kushner/Flynn friend...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I don't agree.

I cited facts and Nunes and Comey...

You can disagree with them...Or better yet...disagree with reality and see where that leads.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join