It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Surveilled Before Nomination, Agencies with Info Blocked Nunes for Weeks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

He was right about being under surveillance, but wrong about Obama being the one to order it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

And how do we know Obama was not pulling the strings?

And if Obama ordered the information already gathered to be used, it's the same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Which he clarified (later that day) to mean the administration, not Obama personally.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: xuenchen

FoxNews has come up with a story that has Trump under surveillance since before he was even nominated !!

Well according to Trump, he was being surveilled all the way back since the 1990s.

Though I find this to be absolutely believable, trusted sources is a meh.
. Not all that shocking. Trump was a protege of the late scumbag Roy Cohn... Just sayin

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This time its true people, i believe everything that faux news is saying this time, the thousands of times before it was not true, but damn this time it is, i promise, trump told me.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I definitely believe this more than the Fox News video footage of Wisconsin protestors with palm trees in the background.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

I definitely believe this more than the Fox News video footage of Wisconsin protestors with palm trees in the background.

Not sure about your point, but dammit its true this time, it was not last week, or the week before, months ago, or even since fox news started, but this time its true.

edit on 2-4-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Do ad hominem attacks tend to work well for you?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As this story unfolds the only thing that makes sense to me is that they were so sure Trump was dirty that they went all in figuring they would tarnish him to a strong defeat. Wikileaks kept saying it wasn't the Russians. Some said we had a few patriots in the intel world and they spilled to Wikileaks to counter this operation. It's all becoming very clear - there was a clandestine war playing out in the USA intel world ... amazing stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

I really don't see what the big deal is. All presidential candidates should be thoroughly vetted, including active surveillance.

That's what Nixon was thinking too don't you think?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Trump and the GOP has become like the High School student who got all the answers on the test wrong. But keeps arguing that their answers were right from a certain perspective.

Bloody clueless morons.

BTW, this is yet another ATS thread that will never get the hoax label it deserves.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

The issue is when and if this information is then used against the candidate.

That's not the gist of this story thou. People forget too easily that Nixon was going to get impeached for doing what democrats did and are still doing and started this past election. Trump was being surveilled for political reasons. The democrats at first thought Clinton would be elected and none of this information would have been made public, but as they saw that Clinton was losing, despite claims from the left-wing MSM that Clinton was winning, they wanted to collect as much information about Presidential candidate Trump. They thought that because Trump had done business with Russia in the past that they could use this as an excuse to claim "Trump works for the Russians". Which is nothing more than total BS...

The Obama administration had deals with the Russians, heck the transfer to Iran of 116 metric tons of uranium that the Obama administration alongside Russia and other countries agreed on must mean Obama worked for the Russians... The uranium deal that Hillary Clinton had with the Russians must mean Clinton works for the Russians...

That's the card democrats are using now. They thought they could get "something, anything" to use against Trump as a last card to get Trump to resign, or to impeach him. The gathering of information for political purposes was the reason why Nixon was going to get impeached and instead he resigned. Democrats, and any Republicans who were in on this "spying" need to get sent to jail asap. These aholes don't want trump as President because he is not one of the "globalists", and these aholes will do anything to get rid of President Trump.

edit on 2-4-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Someone please either confirm my thoughts or educate me where I am wrong about this.

Nunes is on a committee to review Russian participation into the 2016 election. I assume this includes every path the investigation may lead which "could" include the Trump administration, the DNC, etc.

Someone contacted or approached Nunes claiming to have information about (excuse my phrasing) documents potentially exposing illegal or incorrect "tapping" of the Trump team prior to and since the election. Nunes then viewed this information and informed the Trump administration and the press.

Schiff is pissed off about this and calling Nunes' actions as wrong partially because he didn't tell the committee first. So here is my question...the information brought to the attention of Nunes had NOTHING to do with Russian ties to the election. Some are calling for him to step down. So why would he go to a committee with information about a potential crime, etc. that is COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THEIR INVESTIGATION? Why should he?

Now...I'm on Trump's side but Schiff is an obvious Trump hater...I've read and heard his words. I'm not sure HE should be on the committee. But forgetting that...if someone contacted Nunes about a punk kid down the street harassing an elderly woman, he would have no reason to inform the committee because it has nothing to do with what they are investigating. Neither did these documents...no relation to Russia, etc.

With that said...to me...it appears that Schiff views his investigation to NOT be about Russian involvement, but a GENERAL INVESTIGATION TO DIG UP DIRT ON TRUMP. Otherwise...why would this information be relevant. Why would Nunes be accused of doing something wrong or sneaky when the information had nothing to do with the Russian investigation?

Someone...anyone please either educate where and why I'm wrong. I very well may be because I don't understand a lot of details about this committee. Or...let me know that I'm right that Schiff is acting as a Donald Trump investigator/prosecutor rather than one working on Russia.

edit on 4/3/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Trump Surveilled Before Nomination, Agencies with Info Blocked Nunes for Weeks

Cuz...Trump and his team worked with/for the Russians before the nomination?

And they didn't share with Nunes, because Nunes very clearly works for Trump? Plus it's an ongoing investigation.

All that assuming you OP isn't full of falsehoods.

Don't see anything wrong with CIA/NSA/FBI doing what they are paid to do...bust Russian spies and collaborators.

edit on 3-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

There's no evidence of that. If Obama do it, then Trump can also do it by accusing Hillary of working together with Russia and in 2020 use the IC to gather intel on Hillary by unmasking Hillary. 2 can play this game.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Someone please either confirm my thoughts or educate me where I am wrong about this.

OK

Nunes is on a committee to review Russian participation into the 2016 election. I assume this includes every path the investigation may lead which "could" include the Trump administration, the DNC, etc.

Right..

Someone contacted or approached Nunes claiming to have information about (excuse my phrasing) documents potentially exposing illegal or incorrect "tapping" of the Trump team prior to and since the election.

"Someone" was Trump's WH team, the subject of the investigation that Nunes was purportedly chairing.

Nunes then viewed this information and informed the Trump administration and the press.

Nunes went to the WH grounds, viewed the "evidence" they wanted him to see.

THEN went to the press and made a show of how he had seemed damning evidence of unmasked names of Trump officials.

Wouldn't say where he got it...wouldn't share with the intelligence committee he chairs..THEN made a big show of going BACK to the WH to show them the evidence they had given him the night before.

When reporters tracked him and discovered he got the info from the WH (Sean Spicer has admitted as much)...only then did he admit that's where he got it.

So..Why the press show of "sharing it" with the people that he got it from?

Nunes has also walked back how "damning" the evidence was..admitting most of the names were masked, but you "could tell" who they were....

The "evidence" is also excerpted...meaning we don't know the context of conversations and why it was gathered.

So here is my question...the information brought to the attention of Nunes had NOTHING to do with Russian ties to the election.

THAT seems highly unlikely...No career NSA/CIA/FBI surveillance team would risk 30 years in prison to help out a pal...Obama, Clinton or otherwise.

No doubt, the full context of evidence (not snippets) will show the FISA warrants that gathered the info.

Some are calling for him to step down. So why would he go to a committee with information about a potential crime, etc. that is COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THEIR INVESTIGATION?

If it was unrelated to their investigation, then why did the Trump WH choose the Chairman of the Intelligence Committee tasked with investigating their potential collusion to see the evidence? Why didn't they go public themselves? Why didn't they pick one of the other 400 members of congress to show the evidence to?
Why did Nunes agree to meet with them and sell their "evidence"? He is the most senior member of the committee tasked with investigating them.

Why did Nunes hide where he got it? And then make a fake show of "sharing it" with the same WH that gave him the "evidence"..all the while not letting anyone else see the evidence?

Neither did these documents...no relation to Russia, etc.

You keep repeating this...It is 99.99% likely that is false.

The collection, processing and summary of the surveillance intelligence would involve 20-30 people.
I heard former FBI folks discuss it in interview.
That intelligence has Doc. Numbers etc. etc.
That means it was WARRANTED Surveillance by the IC Community...aka FISA Warrant.
To collect, process and report intelligence not-covered under FISA would mean every one of those 20-30 career CIA/NSA/FBI would be risking 30 years in prison for an illegal surveillance operation...and then went to the trouble to fully document it and record it.

That means the evidence shared by the WH is likely excerpted from more complete context.
And it is without a doubt associated with a FISA warrant.

Absent the "evidence" being shared with the press, or the intelligence committee, Nunes...the Chairman of the Committee tasked with investigating Trump..should not have been behaving as their chief PR spokesperson, and a dishonest one at that.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

originally posted by: Indigo5

There's no evidence of that.

Enough to warrant 2 Congressional Investigations and an ongoing lengthy FBI investigation?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

McCarthy called and said you are cramping his style.

Be careful what you're ok with, identity politics backfires on liberals and I suspect this McCarthyism revisited will backfire on them too...
edit on rd20174-0500fCDT112017Mon, 03 Apr 2017 11:36:37 -0500 by SonOfThor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Evidence before investigation. That is the norm. What is the evidence to justify investigation?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
though I'm pretty sure most of what Trump said about tapping is true...I refuse to entertain any word of a story backed up by words "anonymous" or "trusted source" or "unnamed intel official".

No name...no game. Not anymore.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join