It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
How many roads must a man walk down?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slartibartfaster
Hi,
This thread is about the reason for the number 42 being so prevalent in the world today.
Most folk know that Douglas Adams introduced the number in his Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series of books.
Deep thought, the second most powerful computer ever to exist, took 7.5 million years to work out the answer to Life the Universe and Everything, to be 42.
Earth was then built to work out the reason for the answer.
This turns out to be quite extraordinary.
I'm going to divulge a little of it by way of question and answer.
And I'll do that when I know a few people are watching the thread.
At present I know of two people who know the reason, or at least some of it.
Who wants to be early days.

I think what 6 x 7 means is our act of questioning is function of our prejudice. And that the answer to what is the ultimate question is not found in the answer or in the question.

edit on 2-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Slartibartfaster

I like Number 64 with I Ching and The DNA spiral myself!

galacticconnection.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slartibartfaster
a reply to: namelesss

And you are without understanding. Though you seem to pretend to have.

Damn! My cover is blown!
Must... notify... mother... ship! *__-
Despite your butthurt/insulted ego, I'll respond, anyway;

This isn't about me or any psychological motives whatsoever.

Any and everything that issues from our mouth/mind/fingertips is, to one degree or another, 'about us and our psychology.
Man is not a logical creature.
Especially as demonstrated in your initial attack/criticism!

In a very real way it is about the reason for the answer to life the universe and everything.

Reasonably speaking, "life the universe and everything" is not a question with an answer, it is a state of being, a state of 'what is'.
So the 'question' for the 'meaning' of "life the universe and everything" is more the emotional need than the notion that there is some inherent 'meaning' in "life the universe and everything".
All 'meaning' exists in the eye/thoughts/ego of the beholder!
It 'means' whatever you imagine that it 'means'.
The ultimate 'meaning' is the sum total of all individual 'meanings', and that includes silly movie satires like "42" (and people who believe them)!

edit on 2-4-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: solargeddon

OMG, I've fallen into the ATS black hole, just like I did at the Nyx make up counter yesterday.

Tell me about this trip to the NYX makeup counter.... been wanting to try on everything of their products that I can't find locally.

The trip was great, I bought a couple of their concealers, so far so good.

My weakness is their lip lingerie collection, I now own 5!

Living in the UK I'm lucky to live near a Boots that stocks Nyx, there is no way you could order their stuff online without making many costly mistakes.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Oh! Maybe you can help me then... I have been dying to try the yellow under eye concealer that is in the jar. I can't seem to find too many reviews of it online, but it looks to be promising for covering dark circles. The nearest store that carries their products is about an hour away from me, and I just happened to be there the other day, however they did not carry that particular product. Have you tried it? What concealers have you actually used? Feel free to send me a private message so that we don't get off topic here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join