It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Pence Soon: Trump's Very Bad Terrible EO Signing Day

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
While I can't completely dismiss your hypothesis, I do see something else.

Trump ran the craziest campaign in memory, based on common-sense policies and promises. He stood on his record as a successful businessman, not on a record as a politician. He spoke in a common tongue, not in a politically-correct staged choreography. And he won.

He was hit with everything under the sun during that campaign. The media initially propped him up by covering his antics, then viciously turned on him. He released his full financial statements; they demanded tax returns. He disavowed David Duke's endorsement; they called him a KKK supporter. They compared him to Hitler, tried to downplay his business success, and went through his personal life with a fine-tooth comb, pulling out every possible word or gesture that could be spun into a bad story. But he won.

Then there's the recounts. No good... they showed he won even more. Then the protests (riots). Electors are coerced, bribed, and even threatened. The media publishes theory after theory on how to thwart the election, in something eerily reminiscent of a corrupt third-world dictatorship. He still won.

Then he does something unheard of: he signs executive orders to fulfill some of his promises. He stops the revolving door between the Executive branch and lobbyists. He places a temporary hold on US admittance from countries Obama had declared as having insufficient vetting. Before the ink dried, that order was placed on hold using what I and many others consider questionable legal standing. Later, he would re-write the order after his Attorney General was finally confirmed, only to have yet another judge stop it by saying everyone across the globe had first amendment rights... a few hours after meeting with Obama.

Suddenly he's in bed with the Russians, trying to destroy democracy. No evidence yet, but that hasn't stopped the pundits from declaring his absolute guilt. In the meantime, he discovers surveillance had been conducted on Trump Towers during the election... still no hard evidence, but this time it's obviously false according to the same pundits. Some of us are still trying to understand when the DNC became a branch of the Federal government.

His cabinet appointments have been dragged out, leaving him dependent on the previous administration, who hated his new policies. Even those who, before the election, were held in high esteem were suddenly demonIzed. His Supreme Court nominee, whose record has been lauded by both parties, is facing a filibuster in the Senate. That will be an historic action.

Yeah, I know... everything I just posted has a perfectly good reason, according to the myriad of Trump haters who will show up soon enough, doing their impression of a flock of buzzards after a fresh kill. I really don't care. I know what I watched happen.

I think Trump is just plain fed up with the lying, cheating, conniving, criminal behavior that his election has brought into the light. He's used to getting things accomplished, and these constant press conferences, where his attention is constantly diverted from what he's talking about, are getting in the way. This was a press conference to publicize his trade orders, but what did the reporter keep asking about as Trump left? Michael Flynn... who was fired on the spot when he started lying. I think we're starting to see what happens when you push a man too far. He's about to take off the kid gloves, and it ain't gonna be pretty.

(Incidentally, his signature on those orders is just as binding without any TV cameras in the room. These appearances are all fluff.)

I will say this: if it were me, I would have already gone postal. I admire his self-control (and I never thought I would ever say that about Donald J. Trump).

TheRedneck

That was a very great summary of what has taken place. It's been a VERY frustrating thing to watch. I am glad you took the time to write that. I wish it was on the White House main page for all Americans to see. I would RARELY if at all even speak to the media at this point if I was in his position.

I think with all that has happened, the security of our nation is at risk more than any other time in my life. I mean just look how many people, in high regarded positions and within the media are trying to undermine the POTUS at every step. This is sedition, we are witnessing it. It needs to quit being downplayed, and dealt with promptly.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Revolution9

Pres Bush won a battle, Pres Reagan tore down the wall and survived an attempted murder. What has Trump done except sign EO's because he had divided the nation. Hello, Pres Pence, which was the ultimate goal.

Wasn't the nation divided under Obama first? Once again you compare less than 100 days to 16 years of two presidents..lol

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

he doesn't take dutch courage he doesn't drink he lost a brother to alcoholism. the man is just harassed to death by the bought and paid for msm and they constantly rehashing things they want the narrative to go. they were asked about proof of obamas shenanigans numes was given this proof now the spindoctors are saying he a trump stooge . Micheal Flynn knows they going to try to pin some made up crap on him so he is thinking ahead and asking for immunity from prosecution so they can't. its called being smart hillary's people were given immunity too remember. this man just had enough and if i was him they would not have any space in whitehouse except when they are invited to attened a news conference.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tehdouglas
I watched the full video and it seems like OP is full of sht tbh.

Thanks you

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

ya, he's real peach and doesn't deserve ANY bad press. bless his little heart - why are we so mean??

No, he's not... and your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. He called some people "loser"... OK, how many times does Obama/Hillary/Pelowsi/Schumer/Reid use the word "racist?" "Sexist"? "Deplorable"? "Xenophobe"? But not a single complaint against that.

You want to give him bad press? Let's talk about his support for "Obamacare v2.0"... or maybe that screwed-up Internet privacy bill? No, no, no, we want to talk about him tweeting! We want to talk about him being a Russian spy! We want to talk about how unfair it is he's enforcing the law!

I don't even have a Twitter account. I do not care what he tweets. If I spent the next 4 years under the care of a renowned psychiatrist for the sole purpose of trying to, I don't think I could wind up caring any less what Trump said on Twitter.

I do not care what he called who on Twitter.

Are you getting the idea yet?

I care what he does in office, what bills he supports, how the economy is doing, how safe the country is.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I do not care what he called who on Twitter.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Thank you!

I thought I was the only one who didn't care what Donald Trump said last night (or any other night) on Twitter.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

But....did you see what he called somebody on twitter?!?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If his mental or physical health is failing. the subject of the thread, things wont get better with time.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If his mental or physical health is failing. the subject of the thread, things wont get better with time.

Didn't the Conservatives say the same thing about Hillary. We do a lot of "ifs" it seems day in and out.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Keep drinking the Cool Aid. President Trump is having the best first trimester of any recent President in recent history. He's busting down the sick ME ME ME generation free handouts populated by the Clinton's and King Obama and redirecting the estates conductivity toward rebuilding the strongest America infrastructure the USA has known since bargaining (yes I mean bargaining) the end of the Civil war.

I for one was tired of looking weak with Obama and Hillary and there stooges!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

In my opinion, we are watching the eradication of the United States of America by those who have preyed on it and its citizens for many decades now. Trump is, literally IMO, our last chance.

What I find fascinating is that, in order to carry out their agenda, these people are literally trying to project their own failures on Trump. I guess maybe they have no imagination? "Trump is a racist" came straight out of Hillary's playbook; Robert Byrd? William Quigg? So did "Trump is a sexist." I firmly believe the DNC was trying to manipulate Russia and allowed Russia to retaliate through their own idiocy... so how do we get back at Trump? Claim he did what we did, but on purpose.

I watched that clip in the OP several times. I saw an old man frustrated by the stoopidity around him, and just anxious to get on with things. He didn't forget the Executive Orders... he sent Pence back for them. He left while as obviously ignoring the reporter as he could... that was more than just pretending not to hear the questions. He left a meeting where the press was being obnoxious as usual. He can sign the things in a bathroom stall in Walmart... they are just as binding. All that ceremony is just that: ceremony for the benefit of the press. So, given the extreme amount of projection we have seen over the last several months, I would hazard to guess that since his actions are being touted as medical issues, Trump is healthy as a horse, while Hillary is lying on her deathbed somewhere.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have come to believe that you and I are as far from alone in that respect as possible. The only people who care are those that hate Trump as a matter of policy, and there's not enough of them to win an election with every dirty trick in the book and every media mogul known on their side, against an opponent with a big mouth and absolutely zero political experience, no less.

TheRedneck
edit on 4/1/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Didn't sleep well? The man stays up til 2 in the morning tweeting like a teenage girl, of course he didn't sleep well.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Wasn't it Trump's idea to have the EO's publicized? Stop sticking up for him he's a snowflake who can't handle the press. Fox news terrorized Obama for 8 years and we never saw him meltdown like Trump has after only a few months.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

President Trump PLAYS the Media like a Violin , and they can't Stop Dancing to His Tune..............LOL

The White House , 2017 . The Greatest Reality Show on Earth.......

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Actually, that's a goodwill gesture toward the press. Nothing more, nothing less. Presidents have been ceremoniously touting actions on TV since the screen was a round black-and-white piece of glass that outweighed a modern day compact car.

And I'm not sticking up for Trump... I'm talking down to the hate-mongering anti-hate crowd that can't see the end of their own nose through the rage... someone needs to.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Or is it the media playing Trump?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

They are the Ones WONDERING WHY he Walked Out of the Room . He signed those Exe. Orders later in the Day in Private . Same Old Crap he has to Deal with Every Day in Office , a Hostile Media that Won't Let up . If you Don't Eat your Meat , you don't get Any Pudding . How can they have Pudding if they Don't Eat their Meat ?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The media didn't say anything until he said "Thank you very much" and walked away from the podium. After not signing the documents which the speechifying was about. The documents which Pence retrieved from his desk.

Seemed like everyone there was expecting him to sign them and do his usual trick of smugly waving his signature around.

edit on 4/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You got all that, from a few seconds of video?

So let me get this right... he's under obligation to do what now? Give a damn what you and a hostile press think?

Um.... yeah... NO...

Everything you wrote about your interpretation of 39 seconds of video... let me guess... your occupation. Fiction writer?

LOL!!!! What a lame OP

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join