It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Pence Soon: Trump's Very Bad Terrible EO Signing Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I've said it once, I'll say it again. All you Trump haters, be careful what you wish for. Pence would be way worse than Trump.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here's the WP clip,

I'm not sure what's going on there, although it seem Trump hints at Pence not being on the same ship as if in a joke.
He is huffing about something though....and where have the two amigos gone to, back to Goldman Sachs? before last week they were like two ghosties shadowing Trump.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

P.S.
Take a sedative.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

*shrugs*

Well, if you're right, then okay.

I still haven't won the lottery and have to go to work on Monday.

Still better than Hillary.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Shamrock6

remember the Hilary health threads? good lord, if Hillary had done this there would be 10 ats threads about it all stared and flagged to the front page in minutes.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The Press is the 4th estate. It serves as a watchdog for The People's best interests and against corruption. The media would lie and tell the population that there was dangerous criminal on the loose, "so don't go outside", instead of the fact that there was an open vile of an experimental chemical that needed time to dissipate, for the public good, if the government asked them to, rather panic The People. That's why ideally, they're allowed to lie to us. Technically.

That's what I think happened here. The White House asked the media to edit out the most embarrassing parts in order to "keep the peace."

I mean you're obviously welcome to your opinion but that's one of the most illogical things I've ever seen you say on ATS. It's completely and utterly preposterous to try and argue from the position of not one of the people who's been going after Trump day in and day out for months and months and months would say "no, eff you, we're running this story because the people have the right to know." (Hell, I'm using your own "logic" here: the press is supposed to be the "watchdog" for the people)

Frankly that's an idiotic assertion and to me it shows just how desperate you are for this to have some shred of validity to it.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I do, though I'm not sure how they're relevant here.

Other than "people went absolutely bananas over Hillary's health and there's not a peep about it when it comes to Trump."

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I like how so many can rationalize almost anything away and try to get others to look upon events and actions of people in power as non-events.

Just because you have a computer and can post your opinions here or anywhere else doesn't mean you know your arse from a hole in the ground.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I've said it once, I'll say it again. All you Trump haters, be careful what you wish for. Pence would be way worse than Trump.

I'd gladly take Pence over Trump if it got Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller out of the white house.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You're a police officer, you should know that the press cooperates with law enforcement and government officials when public safety/good are at stake. The press isn't the enemy of the President, perhaps his policies, nor the American people. It's obvious to me, one who watched the entire press conferenced dumbfounded at Trump's confusion. I was expecting them to run wild, calling for a medical check and medical vacation for this episode. So, I have to ask myself, why didn't they? Why did they cut out the worse of his episode of confusion. Why did they deflect from his confusion and say he "stormed" out because of the reporters when the video shows otherwise?

edit on 1-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
While I can't completely dismiss your hypothesis, I do see something else.

Trump ran the craziest campaign in memory, based on common-sense policies and promises. He stood on his record as a successful businessman, not on a record as a politician. He spoke in a common tongue, not in a politically-correct staged choreography. And he won.

He was hit with everything under the sun during that campaign. The media initially propped him up by covering his antics, then viciously turned on him. He released his full financial statements; they demanded tax returns. He disavowed David Duke's endorsement; they called him a KKK supporter. They compared him to Hitler, tried to downplay his business success, and went through his personal life with a fine-tooth comb, pulling out every possible word or gesture that could be spun into a bad story. But he won.

Then there's the recounts. No good... they showed he won even more. Then the protests (riots). Electors are coerced, bribed, and even threatened. The media publishes theory after theory on how to thwart the election, in something eerily reminiscent of a corrupt third-world dictatorship. He still won.

Then he does something unheard of: he signs executive orders to fulfill some of his promises. He stops the revolving door between the Executive branch and lobbyists. He places a temporary hold on US admittance from countries Obama had declared as having insufficient vetting. Before the ink dried, that order was placed on hold using what I and many others consider questionable legal standing. Later, he would re-write the order after his Attorney General was finally confirmed, only to have yet another judge stop it by saying everyone across the globe had first amendment rights... a few hours after meeting with Obama.

Suddenly he's in bed with the Russians, trying to destroy democracy. No evidence yet, but that hasn't stopped the pundits from declaring his absolute guilt. In the meantime, he discovers surveillance had been conducted on Trump Towers during the election... still no hard evidence, but this time it's obviously false according to the same pundits. Some of us are still trying to understand when the DNC became a branch of the Federal government.

His cabinet appointments have been dragged out, leaving him dependent on the previous administration, who hated his new policies. Even those who, before the election, were held in high esteem were suddenly demonIzed. His Supreme Court nominee, whose record has been lauded by both parties, is facing a filibuster in the Senate. That will be an historic action.

Yeah, I know... everything I just posted has a perfectly good reason, according to the myriad of Trump haters who will show up soon enough, doing their impression of a flock of buzzards after a fresh kill. I really don't care. I know what I watched happen.

I think Trump is just plain fed up with the lying, cheating, conniving, criminal behavior that his election has brought into the light. He's used to getting things accomplished, and these constant press conferences, where his attention is constantly diverted from what he's talking about, are getting in the way. This was a press conference to publicize his trade orders, but what did the reporter keep asking about as Trump left? Michael Flynn... who was fired on the spot when he started lying. I think we're starting to see what happens when you push a man too far. He's about to take off the kid gloves, and it ain't gonna be pretty.

(Incidentally, his signature on those orders is just as binding without any TV cameras in the room. These appearances are all fluff.)

I will say this: if it were me, I would have already gone postal. I admire his self-control (and I never thought I would ever say that about Donald J. Trump).

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What's the matter, is the Russian story wearing thin even for your guys? Need something else because you're concerned the collusion theory is going to blow up in your faces?

It used to be the right that went on about endless conspiracies based on little more than speculation, now the left have taken that crown and taken it up a notch to boot.

So when is soon, OP? When can expect President Pence?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Looks like the MSM is trying hard to make "rebuttals" for all the proven Hillary Clinton health problem exposures.

It's just bitter retaliation.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And you're a person, presumably with a pulse, and you should know that at this point in time the notion that the entire Press Corps and national media that has access to video would acquiesce to a request by the Trump administration to sit on something of this magnitude is absurd. Between blogs, Twitter, anonymous sources, and people who genuinely believe it's in the national interest to get him out of office, somebody would run this story.

So, again, I think you're seeing what you want to see and are making up "reasons" that support your narrative.

Maybe he does have health issues. Maybe you're 100% correct in your assumptions. But the point in your narrative where you start saying "and the entire media is in on it!" is where it all falls apart because the media has been doing anything and everything it can to paint him in the worst light possible and now suddenly they can do exactly what they've been trying to do all along, they back off?

Riiiiiiight.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I think they would acquiesce if asked and if they were assured that a medical issue was being addressed responsibly and in a bipartisan and legal way, for the sake of governmental continuity and for public and economic safety.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I thought the weird part of the speech was the comment about pense's marriage. it was odd and uncomfortable.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You're a police officer, you should know that the press cooperates with law enforcement and government officials when public safety/good are at stake. The press isn't the enemy of the President, perhaps his policies, nor the American people. It's obvious to me, one who watched the entire press conferenced dumbfounded at Trump's confusion. I was expecting them to run wild, calling for a medical check and medical vacation for this episode. So, I have to ask myself, why didn't they? Why did they cut out the worse of his episode of confusion. Why did they deflect from his confusion and say he "stormed" out because of the reporters when the video shows otherwise?

I don't think the video shows anything of the sort.

It actually appears to me that one of the press in the room attempted to ask another stupid question and it was not the appropriate time for this. While you can't hear a question, the reporters aren't mic'd because this isn't a Q&A session, but Trump appears to be addressing someone in particular when he goes off script (which is obviously on his podium). It DOES appear he is reading the script for the first time and that he has some congestion as he sounds really stuffy.

He is likely tired of the idiocy and lunacy of the Russian stories and the constant badgering.

If I were asked how it felt to be a racist every day by multiple people, being that I am not a racist I would likely give up responding after a while because the question is based on a fabricated story from the one asking....trouble is, Trump can't because most look at non-response as guilt.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

*shrug* Whatever supports your narrative.

No point in debating it. I think the media's handling of any number of scandals, both real and imagined, going back for decades pretty much kills your narrative. I think the media's behavior since the election kills your narrative. You're stepping so far away from the reality of things and imagining them however they need to be to support your narrative. All this railing about a free press, all this adversarial contact between the press and White House, a nearly non-stop day in and day out slugfest aimed at the administration....

And then complete and total submission to the will of the White House when they could easily accomplish what they've been trying to do all along?

Ooookay.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 1-4-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

remember the Hilary health threads? good lord, if Hillary had done this there would be 10 ats threads about it all stared and flagged to the front page in minutes.

Well, I bet there is 10 threads about on the front page, if you go to a pro Hillary site, which this obviously is not. Like it or not, this site does not lean liberal.

My point is that it would be pretty amazing if it had gotten the same reception as Hillery's 'seizures'. But let us see if Trump's 'stroke' will generate front page threads if it becomes recurring - I think it will.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join