It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear Sighted On Scottish Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
www.wwf.org.uk...
From the article:
This is not the first time polar bears have been found on Scottish shores, sadly last year reports of what were thought to be three corpses were washed up along the west coast of Colonsay, in the Inner Hebrides.

From The Daily Telegraph:
It’s not inconceivable, say scientists, that as the island becomes overcrowded, the bears could one day head south to Glasgow. Polar bears, the most carnivorous members of the bear family, would likely be able to survive by scavenging in the city’s bins for discarded haggis, kebabs and other meat products.

This is my favourite of the day so far. I particularly like the idea of the bears migrating south to Glasgow and surviving by scavenging discarded haggis and kebabs from bins. If you have sighted any other good ones today please add them to the thread.

edit on 1-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2017 by DrumsRfun because: Fixed all caps title

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

April 1st is back..

edit on 1/4/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
Really? And there I was thinking it was true.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I thought her video was rather calmly filmed for walking a dog AND stumbling upon a polar bear.
Nerves of steel, I thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That's why it's known as Scotland the Brave.
a reply to: TNMockingbird

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken Polar bears are one of the most dangerous bears alive,I don't think I would want one foraging in my neighborhood,might snack on a child

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Would they have to be reclassified as Scottish bears?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

They're only surpassed by Drop bears in aggression.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am on my way down to the local chip shop for deep fried Polar Bear in batter to go with deep fried snickers and chips

All washed down with Iron bru

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
This is my favourite of the day so far. I particularly like the idea of the bears migrating south to Glasgow and surviving by scavenging discarded haggis and kebabs from bins. If you have sighted any other good ones today please add them to the thread.

Yes, bacause we're Scottish we have Haggis stands on every corner, so our public bins are obvioulsy overflowing with Haggis.

April fool!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They're only surpassed by Drop bears in aggression.
And if they ever mated, the offspring could bring an end to civilization all together.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You don't need to worry, California is way to warm for them.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Yes, bacause we're Scottish we have Haggis stands on every corner, so our public bins are obvioulsy overflowing with Haggis.

April fool!

Is it also true that all the drunks standing on corners shouting at passersby are English in Glasgow?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
Would they have to be reclassified as Scottish bears?

Nicola Sturgeon has insisted they now be referred to as Independence Teddys.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
www.metronews.ca...

There's a pic in the above story of polar bear in Newfoundland looking like he's praying.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Stay safe out there friend. A Hungry Glaswegian Polar Bear is a dangerous animal, especially if it can't find haggis or kebabs. Heaven help us all if they start drinking Bucky.
a reply to: stonerwilliam

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That one has already converted to Scottish PresBEARteryianism. a reply to: snowspirit

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Is it also true that all the drunks standing on corners shouting at passersby are English in Glasgow?

In my experience those standing on Street Corners in Glasgow are usually Ladies of the Night ha ha. I certainly haben't been shouted at by any drink Englishmen in Glasgow, only sober ones on a couple of sites I've worked on...

new topics

top topics

join