It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust someone who has found the truth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Don't confuse facts with the TRUTH.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You cannot really think of truth without dealing with perspective, context.

What is truth?
Truth of what?

Time and place and perspective

Religion, in it best outlook, is a contextual truth just like anything else, not necessarily all truth.

They say, what one man consumes another regurgitates

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Don't confuse facts with the TRUTH.

The truth is factual. 2 + 2 = 4

I get that he meant THE truth, as in ultimate truth, because theres no such thing. I was just playin'.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Truth and Falsehood
  by: Arthur Guiterman (1871-1943)

Old Time was young, men's hearts were all untried
By Grief and Sin, when round this whirling ball
Pure Truth and Falsehood journeyed side by side
In free companionship. At evenfall
Of that long day which closed the Age of Gold
They came to Pleasure's lake, and both were glad
To cast their robes and seek those waters cold.
But Falsehood, first emerging, lightly clad
Her limbs in Truth's white garments, fresh and fair,
And swiftly fled away with mocking mirth;
While Truth, disdaining Falsehood's tattered wear,
Pursued. So still around the dizzy earth
Flies Falsehood, well-disguised in Truth's array,
While Truth runs after, naked to the day.

www.blackcatpoems.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There is no such thing as “full truth” it’s a straw man, it doesn’t exist because context and perspective is variable.

Religion is a contextual truth just like any truth

Science is contextual. Medicine exists to heal, ultimately, specific diseases.

Truth is a means to an end not an end in itself…

A man needs truth, for example, to heal his broken leg. He doesn’t need to know everything about legs, just enough to heal his broken leg.

The OP may be intending to denounce dogmatic ultimate truthers who claim their particular creed or philosophy is all-encompassing above other perspectives. That’s a valid point.

But within a given perspective, it is possible to gain ultimate practical truth

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Very thoughtful, though the consideration of the polarity of truth versus falsehood is not the essence of this thread as I see it.

The idea here--as I see it--is truth versus truth. Truth in a large context versus truth in a perspectival context.

Truth in a vacuum is meaningless, truth in a perspective is meaningful. Though the idea of truth versus falsehood is always the challenge of the seeking of truth.

But the seeking of truth has to have meaning.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Profusion

Therefore we see in response the tired pablum that only the religious are charitable,atheism is just a belief (it's not, it's a lack of belief), etc. etc.

Wrong, agnosticism is a lack of belief. Atheism is a belief that there is no god and it's just as irrational, crazy, and faith-based as the belief that there is a god.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.speakingtree.in...

The Lost Key :

One day, people saw Mullah Nasruddin out in the street searching frantically for something.

The enquisitive nature of man was on work. “What are you searching for, Mullah? They enquired.

“I’ve lost my key” replied Mullah.

The helping nature of mankind was at work. So everyone joined him, trying to help him

After some search someone had the urge to ask the place where exactly, the key was lost. So that more condensed search could be made. So, the enquiry was made for the same to Nasruddin.

“I lost the key in the house,” replied Mulla matter-o-factly.

“Then why are you searching for it in the street?” was the obvious question asked to him.

“Because there is more light here.” Replied the Mulla

This well known fable and joke has many levels of interpretation. I offer it as instructive and is relative to the idea of searching for truth.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

*walks away*

per the advice of David Crosby.

Kidding.

edit on 4/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What if the meaning of truth is that there is no way to describe it in words?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Music break.....

edit on 1-4-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Assuming the first 2 and the second 2 are quantities o the same thing. Math in grade school and counting on fingers and toes stays there when higher math is learned. Otherwise one is making an assumption. An assumption is not truth; it is a gamble.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The truth is hidden in plain sight - no one will ever find it!!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
What is your opinion of the quote?

I picked up the mantra from Jordan Maxwell. He has a very simple reason for believing it. He says that there's more to any story than anyone can be aware of. In my experience, that is exactly right. The logic goes like this:

No one can ever know the full truth about anything. Therefore, no one who claims to know the full truth about anything can be trusted.

No one can know the truth about some 'thing' because where is this 'thing'? 'Things' appear in stories and no story is true.
But this that IS, is true. But who can see it?
A 'who' is a 'thing'. And 'things' only appear in stories!
edit on 2-4-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Assuming the first 2 and the second 2 are quantities o the same thing. Math in grade school and counting on fingers and toes stays there when higher math is learned. Otherwise one is making an assumption. An assumption is not truth; it is a gamble.
Math doesn't exist. It is very assumptive.

We call it a 2 by 4 piece of lumber, but really its not exactly 2" by 4".

i can see the life here in my galaxy on this planet i am on and i can see all those other galaxies out there, i would be a fool to presume that life only exists here.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

They are actually 2" x 4" before being finished/sanded... if you want a 2" x 4" you are looking for rough cut. Expecting specifics but not asking for the specific? That's what one is going to get, the label says the actual on the finished label... for convenience sake it is still called a 2" x 4" because who is wanting to waste time saying; do you have any one and seven eighths by a three and three quarters? Even if so, length was still neglected as well as the material desired... if you want to get even more technical there is the rotational gyration and load and bearing of specific materials. As long as something is built to standard code such as a house, 16" on centers for studs etc. then no worries about all of that; as code typically covers three times the stresses that whatever it is could be encountered in normal conditions to the area in which they fall. So 16 on center works from the tip of Florida all the way to Alaska... from hurricanes to snow. Of course there is ISO standards and ANSI standards or International and American.

You wanted specifics didn't you?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Don't forget about the width cut of the saw blade...

good enough is just that, not precise, due to 'standards' , 'conventions' an all.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Or shaft wobble if not harmonically balanced.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join