It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall of the Anti-War Movement: Did the Liberals ever actually care about ending wars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The Anti-War Movement died with Obama being elected. It didn't restart when he turned war warmonger. In regards to liberals, it follows a pattern of phony movement trends. In general, it paints an even darker picture.

Been around a while, but I mostly tuned out of left / right politics during the Obama years. Tuned back in last year, and still having a clear picture of who the liberals used to be before Obama, it was a total mindjob to see what they've become.

During Bush's final four we saw all kinds of positive movement activities across the spectrum. Following his re-election we saw millions of conservative types turn on him each year at an increasing rate, while pretty much everybody else (especially liberals) were all in against him and the Neocon's.

We had the massive Anti-War Movement. We had the 9/11 Truth Movement. We had the had the Ron Paul Revolution, which pioneered the Tea Party movement concept. We had the 'Anti-Bankster Movement'. And so on.

The Anti-War Movement was undoubtedly Defcon 1 level hysteria, and it should be. An Encyclopedia Britannica set could be written dealing with the why's, and in regards to the general spirit of the topic herein. I'm enraged by the fact that the liberal types in the absence of a GOP POTUS, with Obama they turned their backs on the Anti-War Movement, and then became the most pervasive proponents of American Imperialism of this decade. They should have learned then that wars begin with the Intelligence Community, yet today most of them are plainly even more pro-IC than the most hardcore everyday Neocon's ever dreamed of being. The IC blew up the Middle East, Obama McCain Hillary Graham led the charge on the political front, so the liberals support the nightmare created there, because Obama was the POTUS then while the IC hates Trump now (where piles of evidence point to them hating Trump because he's against their Blow Up The Middle East Agenda). The MSM push the war monger propaganda, like they did for Bush, the liberals were entirely brutal against Bush's wars while learned in how the MSM are the War Propaganda Machine. But the MSM loves Obama, and hates Trump, so no matter how thoroughly someone might manage to prove the MSM is the ultimate diabolical fake news source in human history, currently the liberal masses have their backs, to the death. The past year I've been seeing all kinds of Trump supporters skewer McCain for being pro-MSM, pro-Obama, pro-Blow Up The Middle East Agenda, anti-Trump. And now all year I see the liberal horde around ATS here practically infatuated with McCain all the sudden. Anyone who was (or would have been) against the Neocon's during the last decade, and thinks they like McCain during this one, really ought to see this to once and for all see what liberals more than anything were against in 2008. This massive "FAKE NEWS" push by the MSM since like a week after Trump won the election, these lists being pushed by the MSM supposedly exposing what websites are "FAKE NEWS", that liberals types mostly seem to support, well anti-war websites make up the ones that aren't purely partisan oriented or actual 'hoax' type sites. At least Bush and the Neocon's, their supporters had the 9/11 catastrophe to fuel their logic.

Regardless of the 'crazy stuff', the 9/11 Commission was plainly a coverup hatchet job, while they all (including Democrat politicians) all lied about why they attacked us, meaning the Truth Movement was warranted (and still is). Liberals were heavy into this scene back in the day. When Obama got elected I predicted the collapse of the movement, as I suspected many of them were in it for the political wrecking ball it was, but I'll be fair and underscore that I also blame this happening on the No Planers. From what I've seen, I was totally correct about the liberals all dropped out of the scene once Obama got in. So much could be discussed here, and I'm not talking about the conspiracy theories. During the Bush years I'd peg the whole 9/11 scene at Defcon 3 regarding liberal types (while Defcon 1 for the bulk of 'proper' Truthers).

Then there's the most interesting case of a 'anti-theocracy movement'. This one I expect would be an ongoing posture by Atheists, but during Bush I recall this was like Defcon 2 crisis level. The mental pictures that they (the liberals) painted, in hindsight they had us envisioning a societal scene not unlike what we can see in Middle Eastern Sharia Law failed states. One couldn't beg and kick for more irony than this, as today liberals are out fisting out angry mob beatings on the streets against individuals suspected of being Islamophobic. If we were listening to their anti-theocracy stuff from 10 years ago, hell, how couldn't we be Islamophobic today? Examples? The website, TheocracyWatch.org, was a wrap after Obama got in, and damn near never even touches on the world Islamofascism.

edit on 1-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
In other old news we had the Ron Paul Revolution which effectively invented the Tea Party Movement, and then we had the 'anti-bankster movement' which preceded the Occupy Movement. The "Tea Party" thing was definitely the invention of the Ron Paul Movement, the concept which would have persisted in name following Ron Paul not being in politics, but Glenn Beck & FOX News hijacked (co-opted) the whole concept and turned it into a mainstream partisan machination while the Liberal Media spun the whole thing down as being merely racist whatever. Note that I dont keep mentioning Ron Paul simply because he was 'my guy', but because he was The Antiwar Candidate of 2008. That's right, Ron Paul was, not Obama. Meanwhile, the Anti-Bankster Movement, which came long before the collapse of 2008, was hijacked by the Occupy Movement. I suspect this movement more started on the organic grounds of people burned by the system finally trying to do something in protest while they had nothing better to do not having a job because of the Collapse. While I don't have piles of links and arguments to push that narrative like I do the rest of this, it's safe to say this is where the original SJW types came out and ruined everything on that whole front. The Anti-Bankster Movement left entirely fractured and in shambles following their wake.

I'm so pissed at liberals for so thoroughly destroying these movements to the degrees that there''s hardly no other explanation other than they never cared about those causes to begin with, that I'm compelled to go on at length about all the liberal obsession these days, but I'm really not trying to destroy liberals with my works (contrary to perceptions).

I'm not even a conservative, bent on partisan wars, after all.

The activist energy of the liberal base is truly to be admired.

But you all, I had a lot of hope for humanity, that is, I based a lot of hope on the survival of our species this Century, on the notion that our people truly were antiwar. To see the liberals become pro-war has been devastating to my projections of the fate of our species. Emerging Technology is about to turn everything we think we know, our 'survivabilty quotient', up side down and inside out... in our immediate future. If we're all just fake, all ultimately on the brink of being pro-genocide as long as it fits the partisan models the MSM in particular prompts us into being, then we deserve to be annihilated by our tech.

And what about you, Republicans? War is good business? I'll be fair in pointing out how you've had pschyo's like Insane McCain as party leadership. And how until just recently it wasn't entirely clear how Obama Hillary CIA blew up Syria. YOU WANT TO BE THE GOODS GUYS? It's time to end war, and mean it. Or else you'll be the ones up back on my chopping block once again assuming you permit this environment ensures it as being the outcome....

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What gets me is people can not see how rotten to the core some of their past and present heroes are. They are blindly faithful because they think someone much smarter than themselves will take care of stuff... When the reality is some of these supposedly smart people are just like all the rest of us.. We we need a village and go along with the masses etc etc... IMO many times the sheeple masses are really spelled without the "m" yet their voices carry far and wide.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Suddenly liberals care about war again.

It's only ok if democrats do it. Just remember that and everything will be fine.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I've always thought of it as "Cause of The Week". It seems they get focused on one thing, blow it up to make a big deal of it
[ whether it deserves it or not ] then move on to whatever the next Big Thing is. Now, what "The Next Big Thing" actually is, depends on who gets offended by what, how many Twitter followers they have and how loud they scream.
You'd think that, with that much time and energy on their hands, they'd actually get something done. But, it's like a pre school full of ADHD kids. They build half a fort from blocks, see something shiny over there, go after it and then go for the next shiny thing after that.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not true. There always have been and always will be anti-war pacifists on the Left wing. The Democratic Party simply ignores and opposes us until they need to use our outrage for political gain. Our views include things like diplomacy instead of war, joining the ICC, nuclear disarmament, drastic reduction of the defense budget, ending our perpetual wars, etc.

However, our views have always been less popular than the stereotypes. As in, many people in the center-left and left are just as pro-security, pro-military, pro-investment in defense related industries as the right wing. The difference is typically in what tactics to use. This is why the leadership in the center-right Democratic Party routinely ignores the pacifists and supports various forms of "military interventions". The Democratic Party is only center-left on social issues.

This is like claiming that all conservatives are pro-war. I know for a fact that wouldn't be true, since I know quite a few conservatives who claim to hate the MIC, hate the constant wars, and think we should mind our own business.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

At street level, yes.

At party level? Are you mad? Of course not.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It flows from the party, down to the street level.

Did you think I was talking to you above? Only if it applies to you!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It's real simple. Politicians exploit their base.

If your a liberal they often exploit compassion.

If your a conservative they either exploit your religion or they exploit fiscal conservatism.

Neither liberals or conservatives do what they say.

The bases are also not necessarily reflected by their political surrogates. Obama dropping bombs isn't the liberal bases fault.

Which liberal president kept the antI war part of their base?

None I am aware of.

edit on 1-4-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I think it goes much farther than you think.

People don't have their own opinions any more. They are manipulated by social media, by social engineering, to have the opinions that they want you to have.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think it goes much farther than you think.

People don't have their own opinions any more. They are manipulated by social media, by social engineering, to have the opinions that they want you to have.

It's never been so obvious as today.

How anyone can support any but a small handful of politicians is beyond me.

People are foaming at the mouth over absolute moronic political leaders as if they are the masters they always wanted.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I blame the internet.

(waits for everyone to finish smirking)

Too many invest their egos to their online presence. Their virtual selves have become indistinguishable from their actual selves.

Therefore it's easy to convince people that what is said and done online is an actual representation to what is said and done in reality.

Issues like wars, invasions, political ideologies and platforms can be introduced in a way that have a greater impact because the internet "mainlines" the data straight to you.

Or maybe I'm not making any sense.

I need more caffeine.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Man I hope you have checked out the show Black Mirror. Season 2 started out with an episode that really made me a little nervous it could be right around the corner.

Next thing you know if you don't have enough likes on social media you end up jobless and in the gutter.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Man I hope you have checked out the show Black Mirror. Season 2 started out with an episode that really made me a little nervous it could be right around the corner.

Next thing you know if you don't have enough likes on social media you end up jobless and in the gutter.

That's an excellent point.

We've been conditioned to think that "likes" equate to "truth".

And will have to check out the show.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
as with everything, follow the money, what people spend their money on is the truest indicator of what they really care about.
protesting in the streets and carrying an anti war sign doesn`t cost anything and is easy but that doesn`t mean the people that do it care anything about stopping wars.
look at what they are spending their hard earned money on and that will tell what they really care about.
are they donating their money to charities that help refugees and victims of war?
are they spending their money on new iphones ,cars and other luxuries for themselves?

most people value their money above most anything else so look at what they do with one of their most valued possessions (money) and that will tell you where their heart is and what they really care about.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: luthier

That's an excellent point.

We've been conditioned to think that "likes" equate to "truth".

And will have to check out the show.

Each episode is stand alone like the twilight zone. I suggest season 2 ep 1 as a starter.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Somehow the libs get away with it. The press helps out and the lib educational establishment. So it boils down to they are the only side of things that can have a war without questions really. In comparison anyway. Left supporters sap into it........Obama blows up a funeral gathering with a drone and the lack of response from the Bush barkers is a good measure of the brainwashing ect.

edit on 1-4-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Anti War? Except for warmongers (the smallest percentage of people actually enjoy combat), the most of people would become anti war the first volley of shots or bomb / artillery impact.

Other wise, they all just playin to someone elses tune and /or in denial.

Their world isn't being blown up so meh, who cares.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Gawd!

You're even more diabolically cynical than I am, and I love you for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
War the homeless .. two great causes that the left takes up whenever they aren't in power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join