It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read between the lines, Mars was once warm and wet!! New Discovery!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So Tom DeLonge said news would be coming within the next 60 days and we were to read between the lines,

...... on the 30th March a new discovery that Mars was likely warm and wet. and as solar winds began to strip Mars of its atmosphere life Likely moved underground, now the question is, Did it evolve under there or before it went under, or evolve at all.

here is the abstract of the Journal and some tabloid links...
www.sciencedaily.com...
Abstract
The history of Mars’ atmosphere is important for understanding the geological evolution and potential habitability of the planet. We determine the amount of gas lost to space through time using measurements of the upper-atmospheric structure made by the Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) spacecraft. We derive the structure of 38Ar/36Ar between the homopause and exobase altitudes. Fractionation of argon occurs as a result of loss of gas to space by pickup-ion sputtering, which preferentially removes the lighter atom. The measurements require that 66% of the atmospheric argon has been lost to space. Thus, a large fraction of Mars’ atmospheric gas has been lost to space, contributing to the transition in climate from an early, warm, wet environment to today’s cold, dry atmosphere.

www.express.co.uk...

Elsayed Talaat, MAVEN Program Scientist, at NASA Headquarters in Washington, said: "This discovery is a significant step toward unraveling the mystery of Mars' past environments.“ “In a broader context, this information teaches us about the processes that can change a planet’s habitability over time.”

The researchers found that solar winds stripped Mars of noble gas argon and carbon dioxide (CO2).

The spokesman added: "CO2 is of interest because it is the major constituent of Mars' atmosphere and because it's an efficient greenhouse gas that can retain heat and warm the planet.”

The team made its estimate using data from the Martian upper atmosphere, which was collected by MAVEN's Neutral Gas and Ion Mass Spectrometer (NGIMS).

This analysis included measurements from the Martian surface made by NASA's Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM) instrument on board the Curiosity rover.

""A NASA spokesman said: "It's possible microbial life could have existed at the surface early in Mars’ history.

"As the planet cooled off and dried up, any life could have been driven underground or forced into rare surface oases.""
www.dailystar.co.uk...

so what are the implications here, where are they going with this, if intelligent life did evolve on Mars, then they are likely our ancestors, because you would imagine once they became technologically advanced, they would move to our planet!

edit on 1-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

heres the journal
science.sciencemag.org...

although if you want the whole article you need to subscribe, i tried to get it free from ProQuest but to no avail!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Don't you think that Humans are a slightly wrong fit ?

I have always wondered how and why. We can not have enough theories and interested minds.

The more ... the sooner.

( serious researchers and thinkers ... )

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
so what are the implications here, where are they going with this, if intelligent life did evolve on Mars, then they are likely our ancestors, because you would imagine once they became technologically advanced, they would move to our planet!

That is certainly not what they are implying. If you look at harsh environments on earth, you'll find no complex life there.

Personally I am skeptical even about the microbial life claim. Although I understand why scientists working in this area would be talking about it, as a way to secure grant money for further research. And that is fine with me.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

So it's ok to wildy speculate (bordering on flat-out lying--they don't really know jack) if it gets them more money for more of this so-called "research"?

Throw integrity out the window to support your preferred narrative?

The ends justify the means?

Modern "science" has become a religion that scares the s# out of me.

ETA: And Tom DeLonge is an opportunist hackjob whose research is worse than his music.
edit on 4/1/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

What about the vent tubes at the bottom of the ocean spewing sulphur, complex life forms down there.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Dont believe anything from the Express and Dailystar lol fools

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

That is certainly not what they are implying. If you look at harsh environments on earth, you'll find no complex life there.

Personally I am skeptical even about the microbial life claim. Although I understand why scientists working in this area would be talking about it, as a way to secure grant money for further research. And that is fine with me.

But that doesn't follow what they're saying does it?

They are saying that Mars wasn't always harsh...before the loss of much of it's atmospheric gases, it was considerably less harsh a place to live, so equating the past Mars with harsh environments on Earth isn't a reasonable comparison, as they're not talking about Mars today, but as it once was.

So, life could indeed have followed a development curve very similar to that of our planet, only long ago.
If intelligent, complex life developed high technology, it is quite conceivable that the early Earth would have been a natural target for Martian probes and eventual 'manned missions' here, exactly as we are now doing with our sights fixed on Mars.

If that intelligent life was still in existence near the latter part of Mars' habitability phase, it's a reasonable assumption that the inhabitants would be looking for somewhere more conducive to protecting the long term survivability of their species...again, something that we, ourselves are now beginning to do.

It's quite possible that in the not too distant future, Humans from Earth will attempt to colonise and adapt the harsh environment of Mars to our needs, spreading our species 'eggs' around and not all in one fragile basket as it were...a technological Mars, in the distant past, may well have done the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: myss427

Theres also the matter of the Tardigrade "water Bear" first animal known to be able to survive in Space.en.wikipedia.org...

Tardigrades are one of the most resilient animal known: they can survive extreme conditions that would be rapidly fatal to nearly all other known life forms. They can withstand temperature ranges from 1 K (−458 °F; −272 °C) (close to absolute zero) to about 420 K (300 °F; 150 °C),[10] pressures about six times greater than those found in the deepest ocean trenches, ionizing radiation at doses hundreds of times higher than the lethal dose for a human, and the vacuum of outer space.[11] They can go without food or water for more than 30 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.[3][12][13][14]

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So Tom DeLonge said news would be coming within the next 60 days and we were to read between the lines

It could be from anyone at any time, about anything. And we have to read between the lines.

Well that is not vague at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

on the 30th March a new discovery that Mars was likely warm and wet.

Not really a new "discovery."
erode.evsc.virginia.edu...
www.nbcnews.com...

because you would imagine once they became technologically advanced, they would move to our planet!
Sure, you could imagine that.
edit on 4/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

imagining is my addiction, a sharing of the thoughts is just a display of honesty, and i do it regularly!

im sure it has been hypothesised many times, i for one have mentioned it to be a possibility, if all the planets are moving away from the sun, was Mars where we are now, how long ago would that have been, and surely if that were the case they would also have had intelligent species roaming its land, thats conceivable to me, not impossible and not probable but somewhere in the middle, i would love you to tell me the scientific reason that its not possible, if you can, i dont mind egg in the face, if i learn something....

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh, it's possible, but there's a timing problem.

It seems that Mars had lost most of its atmosphere and dried out by about 3.8 billion years ago, maybe a bit later than that. So that leaves about 1.5 billion years for life to develop there. It took about 3 billion years for the first animal life to appear on Earth. And those animals were not intelligent.

So, it's possible that, for some reason life evolved from plant, to animal, to intelligent animal, to technological animal really, really fast on Mars. I suppose.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah your right that would leave very little time, if you go by what we think we know about our evolution at this point in our history, then theres the thought how many different ways can a humanoid evolve, if it did manage to start evolving into an "intelligent" being, how would the rapidly declining atmosphere resulting in maximum exposure to the sun affect a species??
personally i think humans evolved from apes py eating psychoactive plants that helped enhance their brain structure, but i will leave that for another day.

but if martians exist they prob look like this

lol

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

In essence, "The Martians are coming!"

However, it will piecemeal, a bit dropped here, another connecting bit there until the evidence is self-evident and we all say, "Sure enough, makes sense. What took them so long?" We were told that Mars was dry and barren. Slowly, agonizingly, slowly, they finally admitted to what good vision could discern of the images, Mars had water at some point in its past. Then they admitted that Mars STILL has water. Water, as Sagan once said, is the key to life and now we are told that Mars had an atmosphere. So that is about all of the icing on the cake that we require. But there is more, a progression.

If water begats life as Sagan inferred then what of signs of life on the planet past and present? Presently, life on the surface seems out of the question. So, yes, perhaps any Martians survived underground for a time or maybe still do. Like our own forward thinking about our own planet, concepts of leaving the planet would have been one avenue for their survival. That would have required high technology. So given that life was there, what are the signs of high technology that they survived? We have two indicators, one right in our faces with the UFOs and the fact that they have been visiting earth for a long time, perhaps a very long time.

The other sure sign is found in the twin moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos both virtually impossible to have formed from the remnants that formed Mars proper billions of years ago. On the other hand, it is virtually impossible for them to be captured asteroids given the small size of Mars. Then their orbits are questionable, especially that of Phobos which is atypical for satellite orbits throughout the solar system. As water is the key to life, so is the detection of unusual artifacts, these two satellites are artifacts of advanced alien technology. The evidence is there, but ignored, denied and misidentified. For Phobos the evidence has been plain every since the Viking missions when the orbiters sent back astounding images of the grooves on its surface. They have been misidentified as natural cracks in the surface and the better images of them have been hidden from public view.

The grooves on Phobos are artifacts of alien technology. They earn that classification because they are the result of loose surface debris on the surface of that former asteroid moving almost freely about in the extremely slight gravity such that when that body was moved into its position around Mars with several distinct vector changes, the independent inertial forces of that debris carried them across the thick surface dust causing the deep grooves. Some of them at the ends even escaping off the body.

And keep in mind that Phobos has been proven to have a mass considerably less than it should have as a solid body. That means it has voids, exactly as one would expect for a space habitat as we have even envisioned for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

They have been misidentified as natural cracks in the surface and the better images of them have been hidden from public view.

Better images like this?
static.uahirise.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Oh now you've done it! You just had to post the photo showing both the Sumerian/Annunaki Rosetta Stone carved into the surface( it would be clear as day if not for that pesky erosion from NASA bombarding the surface with depleted uranium warheads) as well as their giant satellite dish that used exclusively for watching MLB and NFL games. You're just adding fuel to the fire and that's OK because I've got a fresh bag of marshmallows ready to start their new life as S'Mores

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

So Tom DeLonge said news would be coming within the next 60 days and we were to read between the lines,

...... on the 30th March a new discovery that Mars was likely warm and wet. and as solar winds began to strip Mars of its atmosphere life Likely moved underground, now the question is, Did it evolve under there or before it went under, or evolve at all.

They've known for several years now that liquid water once flowed on Mars. and "liquid water" usually means warm and wet.

The Curiosity Rover was set down in Gale Crater because the knew at the time that Gale Crater was an ancient lake bed. A few years ago, Curiosity found rocks that were rounded due to ancient running water. A few years before that, the Rover Opportunity found gypsum, and gypsum is known to form in wet, warm, environments.

So this really isn't a new revelation.

Here's a story from 2011 where NASA calls Opportunity's discovery of Gypsum a "slam dunk" in determining that Mars was once a wet place.

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 2017/4/1 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Phage, I have nearly the full CD set of NASA's Mission to Mars: Viking Orbiter Images of Mars. On those CDs are pictures that will never seen released as "publicity releases" because they show the telling nature of the grooves. All the public sees are selected shots that hide the placement and uniformity of the fields of grooves.

Virtually everything about Phobos from it composition, to its orbit, to its hollowness to its mystery grooves is open to question from a true, scientific perspective. But, actually, I think they learned early about the true secrets of Mars and Phobos.

If you allow the ability for intelligent manipulation of an asteroid for special purposes, you can easily see the true nature of the body. Actually, our own scientists have talked about that same topic for a few decades now. So it is not an outlandish (no pun) concept except in conventional theorizing such cannot be applied to Phobos. Why? That would like an instant acknowledgement of UFOs by science/government, and that ain't gonna happen.

Two closing points here. None of my ideas of Phobos are connected to the failure of the Soviet Phobos 1 probe. Second, send me an address by p2p and I'll send you a copy of my full article. I'm getting along in years and I've had this paper for years. Time to let it go before I go.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

This data? 46 CDROMs?
pds-geosciences.wustl.edu...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Yes i read the journal phage sent me, and it talked about all those things rock formations due to water etc etc

the thing is, not for a second did they say "we know" everything is suggested.

well know its not suggested

Know they can prove it,

and that is a huge development when it comes to Scientific discovery.

heres the story on NASA website!
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 2-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join