It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tedeschi Trucks Band....I simply just can't get enough...SICK MIND BLOWING!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks...and their bands merged together....This is just the epitome of what I love in music.

These guys are the next generation soul of the Allman Brothers....JUST SICK!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This was live at the Fox Oakland.

My brother bought the UHD video of the show and I watched it 3 times and still can't get enough of this.

This is musicianship at its absolute finest.

I can't remember the last time I heard 2 bands come together and actually REALLY work.

Anywho...enjoy everyone!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I freaked when I learned Derek and Susan are married with kids!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I freaked when I learned Derek and Susan are married with kids!

Ha...I know.

What freaks me out is how crazy different Derek's personality is on stage versus off. That dude can play like nobody I have ever heard and be laser focused. Then you see him talking to somebody in the hall and its like a totally different person.

This is my second favorite song on that live album. Just crazy talent.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Am I wrong or did I hear vestiges of and ancient Steve Miller at times?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Oh hell yeah you did. Trucks is a freakin wizard, and Susan can sing like some old school Mississippi Delta blues siren....the combo is just simply some of the best music ever recorded.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I mean Hell...Trucks was 20 when the Allman Brothers brought him on in 1999...that is NUTS!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

July 4th weekend '99 in Charlotte Dickey and Gregg were jamming (no fighting this tour) and there was a young Derek along with Butch. Awesome show!

RIP Butch

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm TTB junkie too.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

July 4th weekend '99 in Charlotte Dickey and Gregg were jamming (no fighting this tour) and there was a young Derek along with Butch. Awesome show!

RIP Butch

Just some of the best musicians around.

The thing that gets me is the direct influence you can hear in the music but the added throaty blues 'ma just belting it out.

I lived in Mississippi for about 10 years and listened to some of the best musicians and vocalists I have ever heard in the tiniest venue...just giving it their all and putting it on the line....talent like that is just innate.

This song is crazy...listen to Susan just tear it up....

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Oh hell yeah you did. Trucks is a freakin wizard, and Susan can sing like some old school Mississippi Delta blues siren....the combo is just simply some of the best music ever recorded.

I've listened to them for years and your description of them is the best I've ever heard

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
big fan of them
there are vids of truck on youtube when he was like 13 and he was already tearing it up

one of the better slide players ever to pick up the instrument....for sure

check out their tiny desk concert

edit on 1-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
big fan of them
there are vids of truck on youtube when he was like 13 and he was already tearing it up

one of the better slide players ever to pick up the instrument....for sure

check out their tiny desk concert

That's awesome! I just can't get enough of this new live at the Fox Oakland album....I have to get tickets for their Atlanta show in July....they're touring with another of my favorites...The Wood Brothers.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Man, that is some AWESOME music from Derek & Susan!!! I heard about them about two year ago (I guess?) and I absolutely loved them right at the start. Of course, Derek is one hell of a slide guitar player and just one hell of a player, period. Right up there with Duane Allman, IMO.

I've definitely got to pick up some of their stuff!!

Great thread!!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

These guys have to be one of the hardest working bands in the industry! Great music!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny

These guys have to be one of the hardest working bands in the industry! Great music!

I am still jamming to them tonight... Trucks is a glass slide kung fu ballerina while Tedeschi rips out vocals like a leopard eviscerating it's prey....these two bands combined may be the best musicians in history.
edit on 4/7/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join