It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Scotland,

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: DrBobH

Almost an exact copy of an earlier article and photo that was done of Margaret Thatcher, would you believe.

I seriously doubt that was the intention however the irony is not lost on me

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shauny
a reply to: Denoli

EM...WHAT?...NO!!!!
We Scottish people get a vote on no Enlish affairs, but are expected to help pay for a new London motorway and War we hate. Why should people in Enland with different laws, healthcare, education etc get a say in Scotlands future?
NEVER going to happen. Scottish people, Scotland, as a devolved nation voted to remain in Europe, but England isn't and won't hear our voices, why should 'Jim from Hull' vote on Scotlands freedom. We want free, hidden from austerity, war, and left to be the 2nd best place to visit in the World in 2017 < FOR GOOD REASONS....And all this money makes us rich, richest on Earth WHEN free, why should Scotland pay for a new boat for the Queen, Londons new Motorway, proposed new Westminster...when Foodbanks are on the up in some parts of Scotland....Always money for THEM, not the poor, old disabled, troubled? .....

Scotland 2nd best place to visit on Earth in 2017

You are a clown...Sturgeon will take you to 3rd world status if she gets her way.
Fortunately I have more faith in the majority of Scottish people having the sense to get rid of her and her party before that happens.

Your nothing more than a hater of the Union... and a Royal hater too!
I've got your number and most other Scottish Nationalists too.

What is your views on Northern Ireland bud ? Do you think they should be Independent of Southern Ireland or do you think they should be Joined to Southern Ireland ?
edit on Sat, 01 Apr 2017 16:03:30 -0500034America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I think we should all go on Jeremy Kyle and sort this family issue out

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

My kids live in Northern Ireland.. All 3 of them.. I married a Belfast chick whilst I was on operations there (alongside Scottish mates) .. The irony lol

They don't give a crap

But I wish they would..

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So, I've read the first 3 pages and what I don't understand is why there is even the idea of a second Scottish referendum when everyone knew long before, that the UK could be holding a referendum on whether or not to stay in the EU.

David Cameron announced on January 22nd 2013that if the Conservatives won the General Election then he would "give the British people the "simple choice" by the end of 2017 between staying in the EU under those terms or leaving the EU."

The Scottish Referendum took place on 18 September 2014 and asked the question, should Scotland be an independent country?

Therefore, when Scots answered that question they already knew that the EU referendum would be on the table if the Tories won the general election. Surely, they voted accordingly?

EU Referendum Timeline

edit on 1-4-2017 by Maya00a because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

voting to stay in the EU could have been because it gave westminster less control over us, i think Scots dont want to be under any other countries control, we either split, or rip up country status and call the home nations states with our country being the united kingdom, bring all parts up to equal standings, with the goal of us working together on advancing as one true nation of brothers, but thats just a pipe dream!

ex army sig btw

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Exactly what is good about the EU for Scotland ? There's nothing I can think of , have heard no pertinient argument for it . Even Salmond is scratching his head talking tosh about 'empty glens' . A bit of trade ? No, because the scots fishermen get to fish this islands waters alone in 2 years time , and nobody will stop drinking scotch whisky . What else is there to worry about exactly /? Landowners subsidies ? Who gives one about that ? Landowners ? BooHoo . Scotland is the Uk is leaving the EU

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I for one would love to tell Nicola Sturgeon face to STFU call her a incomer and a white settler and to go back where she came from with her slave religion

And i would point out the Phoenicians were here long before any Etruscan set sail jrbooksonline.com...

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it Nicola

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

There is a reasonable chance there will be no eu to join . Or at least one that would be worthwhile joining . The hasty blow goes oft astray .

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
We have indeed history spanning the ages..

We have fought each other many times, but then we came to fight by each others side.. More times!

Nicola Sturgeon, a one track pony and current First minister of Scotland is NOT a democrat.. All she wants is to break up our union even to the cost of her own constituency of which all public services are failing etc..

She does not care even for the fellow Scotts who voted her in power..

She wants independence yet but wants you to continue to be slaves of an unelected EU..

I as an Englishman love my Scottish brothers, and don't want them to be chewed up by a foreign Brussels who don't want them but will use them and your first minister will allow that just to get her name in the paper and place in history..

And she will

As a failure..

You are not separate from us, we are family..

I as a soldier myself have fought side by side with my Scottish brothers.. So has my dad.. And his dad.. And helped rescue the world from tyranny many times..

We will always be stronger together..

Do not let some self serving harlot who cannot even answer a simple question divide us

With love always

An English soldier and British xx

Nice thread. Like the rest of the U.K. Scotland envies and resents England because of the latter's dominance and central role in the country. It's human nature and it's gonna take the law to keep Scotland in Britain. The British government should not allow any countries in the U.K. to secede as Britain is too small to be divided and the country needs all the unity and resources that each country within the union can offer.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So Scotland voted to stay in the UK, and now they want to re-vote to separate so they can stay in the EU instead of the UK, that doesn't make any sense to me. All their historical and geographical ties are with England not mainland Europe.
I guess the ones that want this are Scottish globalists. Really they get more independence staying with the UK than leaving it.
This isn't about Scotland sovereignty anymore like it used to be.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As a Scot I hate that the SNP has stolen the saltire. I am actually selling up and heading to England to live. The SNP will take us back into the dark ages. I will be voting conservative in the local elections in May. The SNP needs a credible opposition.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nightwalk

We have indeed history spanning the ages..

We have fought each other many times, but then we came to fight by each others side.. More times!

Nicola Sturgeon, a one track pony and current First minister of Scotland is NOT a democrat.. All she wants is to break up our union even to the cost of her own constituency of which all public services are failing etc..

She does not care even for the fellow Scotts who voted her in power..

She wants independence yet but wants you to continue to be slaves of an unelected EU..

I as an Englishman love my Scottish brothers, and don't want them to be chewed up by a foreign Brussels who don't want them but will use them and your first minister will allow that just to get her name in the paper and place in history..

And she will

As a failure..

You are not separate from us, we are family..

I as a soldier myself have fought side by side with my Scottish brothers.. So has my dad.. And his dad.. And helped rescue the world from tyranny many times..

We will always be stronger together..

Do not let some self serving harlot who cannot even answer a simple question divide us

With love always

An English soldier and British xx

Nice thread. Like the rest of the U.K. Scotland envies and resents England because of the latter's dominance and central role in the country. It's human nature and it's gonna take the law to keep Scotland in Britain. The British government should not allow any countries in the U.K. to secede as Britain is too small to be divided and the country needs all the unity and resources that each country within the union can offer.

Yes because the UK opposing self rule has always worked out really well in the past.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Soloprotocol
You provide no economical reason, but its simply a case that we live on the same island and are family.
Your culture is as much as mine as ours is yours..
We have fought together, bled together, even forged an empire together..
We went abroad together and found new worlds (Australia for example), Africa, America, Canada etc..
Whether you like it or not our fate and history has woven us together as a family, and in blood too
Which is why being called Scottish, English, Irish or Welsh isn't enough because we have married each other, had kids together and are family, which is why the name British is used..
In ancient times this island was called the "Angel isle"
One island.. One nation, who work together for each others benefit, and not their deceitful own

You provide no economical reason, but its simply a case that we live on the same continent and are family.
Your culture is as much as mine as ours is yours..
We have fought together, bled together, even forged the EU together..
We went abroad together and found new worlds. Australia was discovered by a Dutchman (1606, Willem Janszoon). The Portuguese mariner Bartolomeu Dias was the first European to explore the coastline of South Africa in 1488. America was rediscovered by the Spanish, and New York was founded by the Dutch. Between 1534 and 1542, Jacques Cartier made three voyages across the Atlantic, claiming Canada for King Francis I of France.
Whether you like it or not our fate and history has woven us together as a family, and in blood too
Which is why being called Austrian, Belgian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Cypriot, Czech, Dane, Est, Fin, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Liithuanian, Luxembourger, Maltese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swede, Scotsman or Welshman, even Londoner, and perhaps even British sn't enough because we have married each other, had kids together and are family, which is why the name European is used..
In ancient times this continent was called the cradle of civilisation.
One Europe, one circle, who work together for each others benefit, and not their deceitful own.

I agree..
edit on 2-4-2017 by ForteanOrg because: he needed to compact and correct

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

You are right..

Consider me educated

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
2nd time round and I'm not buying into the "we are family" crap anymore.

Last time it was all "we are brothers, we fought together, we are a union of four equal partners etc etc".

But as soon as Scotland voted No to independence, on the very morning the result was known, all reference to the family disappeared like snow off a dyke. And we were back to being a UK where 3 of the 4 nations are consistently out voted simply by virtue of England's considerably larger electorate.

Sod that. We're not getting fooled twice. I was a reluctant Yes last time. But next time, whenever that may be, I'll be voting Yes to Scottish independenice with a glad heart. To hell with all this contrived madey up family pish.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecastTo hell with all this contrived madey up family pish.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
All uk members should get a vote on weather Scotland stays or not

Would you be happy if all EU members had voted whether UK should stay or leave EU.

No. Thought not

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You'r so interested in Scotland you can't even spell Scots correctly.

Go away

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join