It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK here is why Trump is sucking right now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

1. congressional term limits

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

a reply to: interupt42

I couldn't agree more. Until we get the money out of politics and kick these career politicians out of office, our government will never listen to the voice of the people they represent. These 6 issues you listed should have been the issues Trump should have ran with on day 1. If these issues were addressed, they would have had a direct affect on many other issues. It would have given a clear and undeniable signal that Trump was giving our government back to the people.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The amazing thing is , that those 6 issues are things that both democrat and republican could agree with and should want. Its also amazing how people expect a group of people with conflict of interest to be superhuman and do what is right for the people.

Instead the MSM, GOP, DNC , and lobbyist have made politics into such a heated sports event that republicans and democrats have reached a point that they love their party over their country.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What isn't lost on me is that he is writing up executive orders like they're going out of style.

He is furthering the agenda of destroying freedom using said executive action.

The circus that had been ensuing since he was elected makes for a great distraction......

..... Kinda like 911 did for George.

They make the storyline into some "Trump against the deep state nonsense" but what has he really done?

Answer: nothing, distraction after distraction after distraction.

Wikileaks dropped Vault 7 weeks ago, quite explosive. Yet, for all my interest in politics I couldn't tell you a damn thing about his thoughts on it.

It's like he avoids speaking about the topics because he won't pander to take News, so all we get is tweets.

Where does he stand on all this?

..... Another puppet.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Answer: nothing, distraction after distraction after distraction.

I have to agree. but in reality it would have been no different with Hillary.

The problem is that the left is concentrating on those distractions and acting like Hillary would have been different. While the right is also concentrating on those same distractions and not holding trump to the fire when the worthless GOP elected congress act no different than the democrats.

Why aren't the democrats beating trump up with his promise for term limits, versus his maralago weekend stays?

Why isn't the right pissed off at congress for making obamacare look the antichrist for the last eight years , and then they do nothing? And not holding Trump to the fire for letting congress get away with it.

Where does he stand on all this?

Thats what I wan't to know , but nobody is asking. The DNC, GOP, MSM, and the people are all to busy discussing the same issues over and over without stopping to ask if its a good idea to have people making decisions with conflict of interest ?

For the live of me I don't understand how a democrat or republican expect to fix healthcare when the people that are suppose to fix it are riddled with conflict of interests?

Why aren't democrats and republicans making this issue 1 versus chasing their tails over the same issues for the last 5 or more decades?
edit on 17331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 22:17:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Nobody is talking about or addressing any real issues with substance. It's all Russia this and sitting that. All the while our search results on Google are now trading commodities.

He wants a wall like Obama wanted to close GITMO. Same # different day, bigger pile smaller shovel.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Honestly, I would love to hear from our more super Left and super Right leaning individuals here , as to why they don't think its worth temporarily putting their political differences to the side and join forces to get our gov't back by concentrating on those 6 things?

Why isn't conflict of interest the biggest and only issue right now? It effects all other issues.

What has to happen before you would agree to join forces to address the conflict of interest that effect both parties equally?

I know this is in the mudpit and I put it here just to make it easier for the mods as sometimes politics gets the better of us. However just because its in the mudpit it doesn't mean we can't be civil either.

I'm not looking to knock you down. I just seriously feel that it makes no sense to try to get our elected officials riddled with conflict of interest to fix our problems when they created them on behalf of the lobbyist. The system isn't broken for them only us.

So I honestly and not jokingly am asking what has to happen before you would agree to join forces to address the conflict of interest that effect both parties equally?

Because what we have been doing is not working for neither party or the people.
edit on 28331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 22:28:21 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I just knew that Obamacare would not be repealed or replaced. Trump was a lifelong Democrat and long time friends with the Clintons. I always believed that is meaningful, not meaningless.

And I always believed he ran interference for Obama on the birth certificate issue...he wasn't seriously challenging him.

Obama, the Clintons, Trump, Congress...they want some kind of conflict with Russia, or to distract us with the prospect.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Honestly, I would love to hear from our more super Left and super Right leaning individuals here , as to why they don't think its worth temporarily putting their political differences to the side and join forces to get our gov't back by concentrating on those 6 things?

Why isn't conflict of interest the biggest and only issue right now? It effects all other issues.

Our political differences have been accelerated. The partisanship is worse now then ever before. They've effectively ripped apart and destroyed even the free thinking "conspiracy theorists".

Now we're all just furthering their goal. Total bull#.

Nothing like making us think we're winning when we're losing and ATS fell for it hook, line and sinker. Art of War.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The amazing thing is , that those 6 issues are things that both democrat and republican could agree with and should want.

Agree. Unfortunately it's a clear sign our system is broken. The priority is no longer what's best for the people, it's what's best for the party. It seems like every president wants to blame the opposite party. Instead, all presidents should condemn party bickering and promote bringing both parties together to negotiate what's best for its citizens. Threatening party members to vote on a bill, isn't any better than corporate outsiders threatening to pull back campaign funding from representatives.

I would rather see the U.S. abolish the two-party system. It's too divisive, not very productive, and causes grid lock.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Sadly I Agree 100%.

I think we have a pretty good community here on ATS and boggles my mind how much partisanship has taken control of members here.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The priority is no longer what's best for the people, it's what's best for the party

Sadly very accurate.

I'm curious if the more super one sided party members here will stop by and actually engage in a positive manner in regards to those 6 things? It appears they typically show up and get engaged when its a finger throwing contest.
edit on 37331America/ChicagoFri, 31 Mar 2017 22:37:29 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I just knew that Obamacare would not be repealed or replaced.

Unfortunately , I did as well.

However, what I was hoping to occur was to observe my more right leaning friends become more pissed about their own party and hold them accountable. Or even start to realize that maybe we should be focusing on conflict of interest with congress versus the other issues or blaming the left.

Sadly neither of those two things have occurred.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

No trump doesn't suck because he visits his family at his residence on a weekly basis nor that he uses 3 plys versus 2 ply toilet paper. Nor because those pesky russian commies.

How about because he put one of the architects of the 08 financial crisis in charge of banking deregulation , former president of Goldman Sachs Gary Cohn.
Is not putting a fox in charge of the hen house sucking @rse pretty bad ?

The swamp is going just fine.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
OK here is why Trump is sucking @rse right now

The simple answer is that everything he says or does is devolved corruption (like a 'Midas' from Hell!), and what is could never have been anything than what is!
There is no alternative.
Now, the question might be;
Why has God given us Trump?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I agree with you, but as we've already seen in this thread the cheerleaders who route for their team will never be objective. Trump is liberal and would likely work with dems, but the blind hate and vitriol will prevent that from happening for now.

Hopefully fake outrage will tire them out and we can get some decent bipartisan policy passed. I'm not holding my breath. McConnell, that slimy worm, has already said no to term limits. He's making too much money to give that up. If anything they'll pass term limits but grandfather sitting members so that they can keep their pockets full until they retire or get voted out.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

First of all, although I appreciate the thrust of your points, you have largely missed the mark you set for yourself. You asked why Trump is sucking right now, but go into things which have nothing to do with Trump, what so ever. For example, the GOP.

The Donald sucks at his job because he has never had one which required any real effort on his part before. He was set up from birth to have a whole load of what makes the world go around, inherited a fortune, which allowed him to make money simply by owning things. He did not start his own business from the ground up, have to toil with his hands until he had enough money to move into the board room. He, therefore, knows nothing about the real world, what people have had to do to survive in it, leave alone succeed as underdogs, coming from nothing and making themselves into something.

He therefore represents exactly what is wrong with the GOP, while failing entirely to represent its base. Of course, he fooled a great deal of the base into believing that he knew their plight and seeks to change government to better serve their needs and those of the population more broadly, but that does not change the fact that he, himself, cannot represent the base of his support, because he has no real world experience of living a hard life. He is soft, weak, physically irrelevant, mentally deficient when it comes to the detail, the gritty, granular substance of the lives that his choices will affect, have already effected.

But of course, most GOP politicians are in largely the same troublesome boat. Filthy rich, either from very early on or from birth, never having worked a real job in their lives, never having had to put their bodies to work to get a buck under their belt. Soft, weak, lazy, clueless cretins, who simply take and only give as a perfunctory afterthought. They believe, as an unavoidable consequence of having easy, soft lives, that the system is there to serve them, their needs, their bank accounts, that they ought to be able to get away with poor performance and failing to represent their support base, because they are the ones with the big balances on their accounts, and therefore, by the retarded measure by which success is rated in the capitalist regions of the world, are the most successful of their kind, therefore the most capable.

Never mind the fact that most of them could not construct a rudimentary shelter in the event of an emergency, never mind the fact that most of them could not live on five dollars a day without committing suicide (something most of their support base have had to do before, and will have to do again if Donald does not pull out his finger and correct the imbalances in how wealth is distributed, how certain types of work are valued) as a result of the Dickensian squalor involved. No,never mind all this and more besides, because these are clearly truly capable people, representative of their support base *drips with sarcasm*.

Donald sucks because everything he has done so far, including the money he has spent on his personal movements and the like, has been detrimental to the pocket of the American taxpayer. In one month, Donald nearly outspent Obama's YEARLY travel expenditure. It is thought that by the end of his first year, Trump will have spent more on travel, than Obama did in one entire TERM of his presidency. Assuming Trump has a presidency even one term long, he will have outspent Obama's eight years well before completing that term.

Further to that, his policies are not economically sensible. Look at the appalling fiasco of healthcare, for example. His policy did not even please members of his own support base in congress! And that is before we even get to the White Elephant in the room, that being The Wall. An overly expensive, divisive project, which knowing his penchant for putting his name on property developments which cost investors their livelihoods, bodes about as well for the American taxpayer as a bloody asteroid impact at Yellowstone Park.

His choices for cabinet positions have been uniformly terrible, and he got the fascist tumour of a man that we call Steve Bannon, into a position of power and awareness within the military and intelligence structures. He has, in the name of draining the swamp, placed the very company lackeys and corporate whores he claimed to despise, in positions where they can essentially remove all controls and regulations (controls and regulations which kept companies from RAPING THE PLANET AND THE PEOPLE BESIDES) from without the path of some of the largest, most objectively evil and dangerous corporations ever constructed, leaving them free to do whatever the hell they like, while crapping on the EPA so hard that they will probably be unable to effectively do even the slightest bit of what they were created to do. We know they got too big for their boots, but what he has done to the EPA is nothing short of crippling.

Basically, what makes him a bad President, is the same thing that made him a bad businessman, which he most certainly is. You know how we know he is a bad businessman? He inherited a fortune, but at one point was in billions of dollars of personal debt. I hate to say it, but much as the fool was recorded as saying "I like the veterans who did not get captured", well, I like businessmen who do not have to put themselves in billions of dollars of debt, just to get along in life. Seems like a very irresponsible, crappy way to do business or for that matter, to treat a significant amount of money. Not a trait you want in a leader.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The problem with term limits is they will not impose such a thing on themselves. The next best thing is for us, the people, to stop voting in the same people year after year. It would be nice if the whole country, dems and reps, decided to stop voting for incumbents period. That would really shake up the status quo.

Great post

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
yeah, congress must have a pretty decent healthcare plan because you NEVER see them complaining about it or trying to fix it so obviously they are competent and capable of creating a good healthcare plan,now I`m wondering when will we get the same plan they have?

there`s no need to reinvent the wheel just give us the same great healthcare plan that they have.
edit on 1-4-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: CB328

Most republicans are actually good people believe it or not and have probably held the door for you on numerous occasions without you even knowing it.

You're so against the fringe right that you have become a part of the fringe left which is just as bad.

He's talking about the party, not the voters of said cult.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well put you captured my sentiment perfectly here.
Can we please talk about the real issues rather than "RUSSIANS!" now?

I am always glad to see a thread critical about an actual issue/issues. I have been critical of every administration since I became politically aware(Thanks Ross Perot!) and will continue to be this way. But I'm not willing to start off in 5th gear like so many liberals who carry automatic hatred of this administration with no basis. Grasping at coffee straws and trying to make connections where there are none. I will give Trump and his team time to **** up(which will definitely happen) and be critical of the actual issues rather than moral posturing simply to virtue signal.

I too couldn't bring myself to actually vote for Trump but am definitely happy we didn't end up with Hillary.
But isn't that the real issue here?
Why should I be forced to choose between the shiniest of two turds?
I will however proudly wear a MAGA hat if Trump actually holds true to his promise of auditing the federal reserve. Living to tell about it might be another matter but I believe that is a strong 7th on the list the OP provided.

Hillary would have been an absolute disaster!
The SJW's can not be allowed to win this culture war!
Right now we would be getting screwed by the TPP, arming Syrian rebels while letting in thousands of un-vetted refugees, provoking Russia via the UN, and committing economic Harry Carry with even more lack of monetary oversight. All things Trump has already fixed or is currently trying to fix. Could care less what he or his wife does on the weekend so long as we have a steady progression forward rather than simply stagnating and letting the likes of China and Mexico continue to trash us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join