It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should Russia be America's adverasary?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

You know if Obama was such a good thing for Russia then you'd think they would have got along a bit better than they did.

Now Trump. Trumps the man who might do some good for Russia. Take away sanctions, do some oil business together, maybe some real estate deals here and there, launder some of that Russian money for them.

They sure like each other for a reason ya know. Or at least act like they do.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The only reason we got Russia to play the fall guy for America is because we need the people to be very scare of a possible Nuclear war with them.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Why do we need that???

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
No. Facts and logic do not count. Liberals keep banging the war drums because their God-Empress lost the election

Yeah, can't figure that one out. A lot of The liberals live in California and New York, and they beat the war drums. Those are basically the first places the Nukes will hit. They won't aim at DC first, the Russians would have to bomb in from the sides or may go over the top. New Yorkers and Californians are not as protected as the Middle of the country. The Air bases and Military bases also have a lot of protection available. The Missiles shot at the Nuclear sites here will be targetted first.

Doesn't anyone tell their kids "don't play with fire if you do not want to get burnt" anymore?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Let ask the politicians that keep telling how bad Russia is, hell I want to know too.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, it's the liberals who are always beating the war drums.

Are you high???

Amazing how when Conservatives hold the codes to the Nukes they're still blaming the Liberals for beating the war drums. Then when the Liberals have the power Conservatives keep calling them weak and afraid.

You don't know WTF you're talking about. It's just more "blame the other side for everything".

Right now liberals don't have power in any branch of Government and Conservatives are still b*tching and moaning about everything. Time to put your big boy pants on and do what you always claim to represent, "Take some Responsibility".

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yeah, Russia has been waging a propaganda campaign not just here but in multiple nations in the world. They're playing an information war against Western Democracies. That is becoming more and more clear every day. We are asking for it to be investigated and stopped.

I don't hear anyone saying we need to nuke anyone over it though. Other than conservatives who are currently bowing down at the feet of Russia while also claiming they are perfect little angels and should be our pals.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: olaru12

International waters.

Yeah, and Russia's Submarines are in international waters, armed with nukes capable of strinking American cities in 6 min.

freebeacon.com...

nationalinterest.org...

Some kind of friends eh?

The US has the exact same thing parked near Russia. Why is it an issue?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The Russian people and the US people have way, way more in common than we do in difference. Our leaders (corps) on the other hand want to own it ALL!!!

This leads us by the nose to false flag wars-WW II-Vietnam-Gulf 1 and return of the gulf. They do love those false flags.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So you are saying all the Trump hate has been manufactured by Russia to weaken the west??

Outsourcing all our jobs...scoffing at our past ethics and stifling speech is a Russian tactic??

Well played Russians, well played.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

So you are saying all the Trump hate has been manufactured by Russia to weaken the west??

No. But it has been amplified by it. There is always plenty of hate to dish out. However it has been intensified and directed and organized for maximum effect through various means.

Outsourcing all our jobs...scoffing at our past ethics and stifling speech is a Russian tactic??

Well played Russians, well played.

I never said it was all Russia. But there they are adding to it in a very direct way. Worse yet is the fact that so many are actually buying into it because they don't want to take the time to see what's happening.

I'm not trying to demonize Russia too much though. It is what it is. But it seems we are so ripe for propaganda it's becoming something serious and if we don't start waking up it very well could destroy everything we've worked so hard to create.

But in a way, yes, well played Russia. They've been quite successful so far.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They might have already done that if they thought they could do it without a counter strike or M.A.D.

But since nobody wants to risk extinction we just have smaller battles now hoping to wear each other down.

Okay, since we can nuke everyone that means we should be the rogue empire toppling governments and invading countries and demonizing everyone else for doing not one tenth the global destruction we cause, forever, and we shouldn't criticize our rulers for doing it etc et al, well not unless they happened to be or are involved with Donald Trump.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do you ever just read someone's post without adding a whole bunch of other stuff in there that was never said???

Because I never said any of those things you just said. You're just implying a bunch of things I never said. You do that a lot I've noticed.

Stop putting words in my mouth or assuming things I'm not saying. Because I'm not going to spend post after post correcting what you think I might be saying and having to defend things that you've made up. You don't need to interpret what I'm saying. Just read it and what it says is what I'm saying. No more, no less.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well I'm trying to figure out why it is Obama, Hillary, etc, they all get a pass for causing global destruction destroying millions of lives, while Trump hasn't actually, okay well he did activate that one SEAL mission I guess, so he should be skewered.

Then theres Russia who hasn't done one tenth the global crisis perpetration the US has, but they're the ultimate terror and we're the good guys. Good Vs. Evil. The evil doers. We're the good guys.

Every single premise of this entire anti-Russia, anti-Trump, etc, melodrama screams and kicks total pure dripping hypocrisy.

Yet everyone, well half the people anyways, keep carrying on about it.

The same applies to all this love fetish over the "free press", which is really the corporate war monger war criminal propaganda front that really is the enemy of humanity, but oh, Trump he called Rosie a fat disgusting pig and wants to build a wal to hinder the drug cartels so him, hell, the CIA ought to rendition flight him into oblivion, or whatever.

CIA blows up the world = good guys.

Trump bucks them he's Hitler.

People like that Trump is taking them on for the first time in POTUS history = cult members in a deluded fictional alternate neo-nazi based reality.

Now I know you're far far from the worst of them around here, so dont get me wrong, that me being Mr. Cynical was entirely directed at you.

I'm just so sick of American Imperialism and right now the blame for it is 90% on liberal / democrat / progressive shoulders, and its even more disgusting than when it was the Neocon led republican types in post-9/11 America. I'm just so mad at them for dismantling the anti-war movement because Obama got elected, and not restarting it when Obama went Bush. It does beg the question: did the liberals every actually care about war, or was it just another bogus virtue signalling front that was pushed so hard merely to advance their partisansnip cause?
edit on 1-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It truly amazes me the horse blinders some americans put up to save face.

If ANYTHING Russia does is an issue, you need to look at your own government and say WTF!

Tit for tat as they would say.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Well I'm trying to figure out why it is Obama, Hillary, etc, they all get a pass for causing global destruction destroying millions of lives...

Because that's how it works. Bush, Chenney, Rumsfeld, Clinton, Bush Sr., Regan, etc. all get free passes. (well, there was no free pass on the Lewinsky thing with Clinton, but that didn't cause global destruction or destroy millions of lives so they brought on the impeachment with glee).
edit on 4/1/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ok, again you're assuming a lot of things I've never said. So we'll take it one at a time.

Well I'm trying to figure out why it is Obama, Hillary, etc, they all get a pass for causing global destruction destroying millions of lives, while Trump hasn't actually, okay well he did activate that one SEAL mission I guess, so he should be skewered.

I'm not giving them a pass. However, they currently aren't in power. Dems have almost no power to do anything right now so I'm not worried about them. I'm worried about the guy in power now and the fact that Republicans have every branch of Government and so far seem only interested in destroying major parts of it while rewarding the wealthy and punishing the poor and middle class.

Then theres Russia who hasn't done one tenth the global crisis perpetration the US has, but they're the ultimate terror and we're the good guys. Good Vs. Evil. The evil doers. We're the good guys.

Nowhere have I said Russia is the ultimate terror nor that we were "the good guys". I don't even bother viewing the world in such simple terms anyway. I no more support America meddling in the affairs of other nations than I accept Russia meddling in ours. Two wrongs don't make it right. That's just how it goes. I'm not saying we have to be enemies but clearly our two governments can't be friends either. They're both evil and corrupt and only want more power and control for themselves. As nice as that may sound you're just fooling yourself to think it's possible.

The same applies to all this love fetish over the "free press", which is really the corporate war monger war criminal propaganda front that really is the enemy of humanity, but oh, Trump he called Rosie a fat disgusting pig and wants to build a wal to hinder the drug cartels so him, hell, the CIA ought to rendition flight him into oblivion, or whatever.

Really??? So you're against a free press now??? Because if you mean you don't like the corporate power influencing the press that's one thing. I'm with you there. But that's not what Free Press means. We all hate propaganda media but there is still good news media out there too. You don't just scrap it all because it needs work.

I'm just so sick of American Imperialism and right now the blame for it is 90% on liberal / democrat / progressive shoulders, and its even more disgusting than when it was the Neocon led republican types in post-9/11 America. I'm just so mad at them for dismantling the anti-war movement because Obama got elected, and not restarting it when Obama went Bush. It does beg the question: did the liberals every actually care about war, or was it just another bogus virtue signalling front that was pushed so hard merely to advance their partisansnip cause?

How are the liberals responsible for War??? It was Bush's war he started with the neocons. Obama continued it in his own way but also ended a lot of it too. Even then everyone then complained because he pulled back causing more problems. So there isn't any way to win there. You'd be blaming him no matter what he did. I don't support his drone murders either BTW.

But I don't hear anyone calling for more war on the left. Not that it would matter because once again they have no power right now. So why worry about them instead of the guy in power. Who is screwing up relationships with our allies. Pissing off enemies. Possibly rewarding other enemies. I mean I'm not even going to bother listing the sh*t he's causing both locally and internationally. If you don't see it it's because you just don't want to or you actually think Isolation is somehow a good thing for us along with some now kind of White Nationalism BS.

Basically though, if you want to discuss the problems with American Government and policy that's fine. I agree our Gov. does some horrible sh*t and I don't like any of it either. But don't try and sell me on Russia is wonderful BS. They are no better than us by any means. If anything they are just another Authoritarian Government like America is becoming and they both suck!!! I at least think there is still a chance to fix America if people will get their collective heads out of their ass. I like America and it's my home. I'd like to try and fix it. Heal it back to what it should be. But most likely I'll just die trying. But I'm not moving to Russia nor do I want it to move here.
edit on 1-4-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Russia (Soviet Union) Vs USA (The West) was a real money spinner and opportunity maker for many people back in the cold war decades.

Lots of folks literally made their careers from the cold war, never mind the billions upon billions that were spent and earned by various mil-ind corporations (and no doubt large cash stuffed brown envelopes changing greedy little hands).

The 'war on terror'...has been a money spinner, and to some extent a career path for some, but it just hasn't had the same impetus as a superpower enemy has had.

The constant threat of nuclear annihilation is the difference i think, the ideology angle was enough to keep us at odds but the real demon hovering in the backs of most people's minds, was the famous four minute warning followed by a bright flash and then potentially the end of our species, certainly the end of us and our loved ones.

That kept things simmering nicely for decade upon decade, and the good times rolled for many.

Not so with 'Terrorism'...it doesn't have the same...quality.

So, back to the old drawing board, dust of the old rhetoric, point the pitch forks and start rabble rousing and voilà...Cold war 2.0 and the good times are back in fashion!
edit on 1 4 2017 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Ha, ha, and I thought that Al Gore was the Manchurian candidate, but then it was Bush Jr. Obama too, yes I guess depending on the agenda of the day is flip flopping.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The number one interest of communists trust me is money that is all they want they are so forward about pretending to be equalists divulging the word of Carl Marx but when it really comes down to it there has never ever not once in history been a communist who didn't die of corruption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join