It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trumpism is Fanaticism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you don't star and agree with people who use the word liberal as a slur? I'm sorry, but I do not believe that is the case.

You have an obsession with "stars" aka "likes".

Perhaps a Facebook entry would suit you better?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Seeker exactly you and I are like brothers in arms doing the long walk through the pristine grasslands of northern France trying to reclaim what are founding fathers lost in the arms of nazi tyrany! Only this time its he Libs that were fighting against and it feels like were the underdogs as they fly above us with there unending fleat of B-24 in-liberators! What other kind of plane would a lib fly?

All we can hope is that together we'll emerge from bocage country with all four of are arms and legs and some ammo left though were weary we must go on and hope for the best because we know that at the end their'll be a machine gun test atop a hill and were going to have to do a direct assault upon it because that's the orders we received during are last encoded morse code transmission!

Their's no going back now!!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why does that even matter? Who cares if he does or doesn't. You judge a man by his actions and character, not wether he stars some distasteful comment. This is the internet man.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

So you don't star people who use the word liberal add a slur? I'm sorry, but I do not believe that is that's the case.

Do you star people who use right winger as a slur? Give me a freakin break. You are presenting a super weak argument because you don't like republicans. Just admit it. Wow. Who cares.

I'll bet if you had it your way, ATS mods would spy on members who star posts with "liberal" in it as a slur because you're so damn offended by it. You are providing a great example of what is wrong with the left. Just come outright and call everyone you disagree with racists and get it over with.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Do you mean the extra 10 trillion in debt, the extra racial division, pushing Islam in schools, Benghazi, the state department corruption, FBI corruption, IRS corruption, citizen groups and Conservative targeting, etc. Need I go on?

Cheers - Dave

And that has what to do with this supposed left fanaticism lol.

I know i know, obama drove over your dog

He ate the dog.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You've entirely missed the point it seems. Oh well, I tried.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a reply to: c2oden

It's used as a slur point blank. That's my point, it is a dirty word and comes with much prejudice upon hearing it any many people's cases.

It is a word that defines a social, political or economic view.
It's not a dirty word.

What word would you suggest to replace the word liberal?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

If you take a look in a recent thread you'll see me defending Republicans. I don't choose sides my friend, I see the hate coming from both sides but it seems to be more vocal on the right.

I'm sure you'll deflect to how outspoken the media is without realizing that they do not represent the majority. They are the mouthpieces of the rich and powerful and not the common man/woman.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But only you know how many times you've starred someone who used liberal as a slur. If you want to retake the word then stop encouraging its incorrect use.

I'm trying by simply by pointing out that many leftists are authoritarian fascists and not liberal at all.

I think the problem is that many on the Right can also be considered authoritarian fascists as well, but you do not seem to be so quick to point that out as you do of those on the Left.

Perhaps the same could be said about people such as myself. We forget to hold our own "side" to the same standard as we hold those that we politically oppose.

In the end, when you make generalized statements about liberals and progressives, you highlight that hypocrisy.

I try to be very specific in my statements to only put blame on the fringe, but I do fail from time to time. I could only wish that we were much more specific in our accusations. That would make things much easier for both of us.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The connotation is different than the literal definition and is used as a slur in certain contexts today. The feelings that the word invokes in a lot of people is negative and bitter which is why I call it a dirty word, it invokes negative emotions. The same goes for conservative but is far less prominent from my experiences personally.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well I'm picking sides on this because you are WRONG. Plain and simple. The funny thing is, I didn't even VOTE for Trump. He wasn't my pick. I'm finding myself defending him AND his supporters however, for the VERY thing you seem to think right wingers are doing that is so insulting and demeaning. I watch the insults fly EVER DAY from Hollwood, trendy millennials, schools, MSM, S&L, EVERYWHERE etc toward right leaning people AND Trump. It's out of hand in epic proportions yet you seem to have this impeccable ability to ignore all that and equate racism with calling someone a "liberal". There is nothing you can say to refute that.

Cowboy is right, "liberals" are not "liberals" anymore. They don't deserve the title. If that offends you, so be it. Maybe "liberals" should stop acting like authoritarian fascists with a severe mob mentality complex.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The fact that so many people are oblivious to the Horseshoe Theory is gobsmacking to me. The extreme right and extreme left are vastly more alike than they are different.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh, and Obama was never insulted and demeaned by Republicans for the past 8 years?

Give me a break.

Nope, that would have been racist.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Okay.

I will come clean.

In the past, with all honesty and sincerity. . . .

I have starred you.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Okay.

I will come clean.

In the past, with all honesty and sincerity. . . .

I have starred you.

ZOMG that means there's hope that I've gotten a star from you at some point too

I'd like to thank the Academy, and my mom....

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The connotation is different than the literal definition and is used as a slur in certain contexts today. The feelings that the word invokes in a lot of people is negative and bitter which is why I call it a dirty word, it invokes negative emotions. The same goes for conservative but is far less prominent from my experiences personally.

Many words have both negative and positive connotations.
We can't ban words that are not slurs because they may invoke negative emotions by some.
The way you feel about a word does not make the word a slur, nor does it make it a dirty word.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's not that complicated.

I don't see bigger government, more government in the same light as I see freedom.

I see it as the antithesis to freedom.

Therefor, anyone who promotes larger government, larger government oversight, I see as authoritarian.

The opposite of freedom.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Good point, took me a second to remember that our dear pres O ate fido.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I see the hate coming from both sides but it seems to be more vocal on the right.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I find it interesting how peoples perception of reality can be so opposing. I see hate on both sides, but, I've never in my life seen hate of the magnitude that the left continues to spew nonstop. It's everywhere they go. I just don't see anything remotely close coming from the right. That's just my perception of current events. YMMV

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Can you make one next for the obama disease, but seriously all that hard work you put into this, to end up just being pure propaganda and your own opinion man.

Oh i forgot to add, if you take out a few words, this would fit perfectly with for the obama haters.

Nope..the media and celebrities and corporations and pretty much everyone else were on Obama's side.

You are so far gone that you fail to realize just how insanely different this is..not surprising.

Lefties haven't been in their right mind barely a few minutes each day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join