It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trumpism is Fanaticism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think every decent human being is liberal at heart. This isn't a war against liberalism but a war against the people that has took over what it means to be "liberal"

Liberal should mean freedom, in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: c2oden

Demeaning others because of political affiliation is no different than demeaning someone for their racial affiliation other than the fact one has to do with skin color and the other with opinions. Same kind of insults and slander, slightly different reason. Liberal is now a dirty word to some people just like ni**er used to be and still is.

Um. You must not watch anything on T.V. or attend a college or University, or get out much. Do you check social media, Twitter? FB? Because all those places hate Trump and constantly demean anyone who doesn't. In fact, people who aren't "liberals" can't even speak on college campuses anymore. Insults and slander? You seriously are going to sit there and ignore the constant barrage of insults and slander the left performs daily on the news, on late night shows, skits, commercials, regular tv shows etc against right-wingers and Trump?

Are you living under a ROCK?
edit on 31-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He talking about classic liberalism I think.

Is there any other kind?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I wonder how often you star other posters who use the word "liberal" as a slur? Hmmmm.... only you know the answer to that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
DCCowboy is the smartest person on this forum and the only person who knows how to be objective with all the facts everyone else just mumbles alot of postering about what it means to be a liberal Fantactic but I'd like to see anyone else stick their money where there mouth is because the Libs always take the best words and change their meanings so nothing means anything anymore because the Libs have changed the value of language to sepparate us from them and look its working!!

Stop arguing about sower grapes and let the presidents do his job!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Oh, and Obama was never insulted and demeaned by Republicans for the past 8 years?

Give me a break.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I wonder how often you star other posters who use the word "liberal" as a slur? Hmmmm.... only you know the answer to that.

You'd be surprised with the number of people with whom I disagree with.

But I disagree with my wife of 25 years on occasion also. It does not mean I hate her, disrespect her, demean her.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Some anti Trump people are in the realms of fanaticism.

As are some pro Trump supporters.

Blanket labels make you look stupid and uninformed.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

You forgot to sign off with...

"Kind regards, DBCowboy's sock puppet"

link   

a reply to: Wookiep

Oh, and Obama was never insulted and demeaned by Republicans for the past 8 years?

Give me a break.

Obama was rarely if ever insulted or slandered by the majority of the media, schools, universities, late night shows(In fact Obama was ON many late night shows) normal television programs, etc. You had to search hard to get the truth about Obama, like here on ATS (Although, balanced here) and maybe Fox news etc.

No, Obama did not receive even a TINY bit of what Trump is getting, not just Trump though, his SUPPORTERS too.

Yeah. Give ME a break. Pffft.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Obama cost a lot of Americans a ridiculous amount of money. To date, Trump has not.

He also cost a lot of Americans their jobs with His Crony Capitalist regulations. I was one of those poor Americans and trust Me He is hated in My household.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
DCCowboy is the smartest person on this forum and the only person who knows how to be objective with all the facts everyone else just mumbles alot of postering about what it means to be a liberal Fantactic but I'd like to see anyone else stick their money where there mouth is because the Libs always take the best words and change their meanings so nothing means anything anymore because the Libs have changed the value of language to sepparate us from them and look its working!!

Stop arguing about sower grapes and let the presidents do his job!

Change Libs to Progs and I might agree with that! I have much respect for some Classical Liberal opinions but what we are seeing from the Control Left has NOTHING to do with Liberalism. What we are seeing is Fascism reincarnated, fabricated by the Globalists to appear to be a "feel good" this is the way the world should be kinda thing and IF you don't agree? Then you are a NAZI and a FACIST and you need to be banished!

Must I say history really does repeat itself?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Demeaning others because of political affiliation is no different than demeaning someone for their racial affiliation other than the fact one has to do with skin color and the other with opinions. Same kind of insults and slander, slightly different reason. Liberal is now a dirty word to some people just like ni**er used to be and still is.

No. It is very different.
I don't know what to say if you honestly believe that calling someone a liberal is the same as using a racial slur.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The fact still remains that the word liberal has become a dirty word to many people today. I doubt you talk about your wife in the same fashion that you do "leftists" (liberals) on these forums at times, so I don't think that's a fair comparison.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It's used as a slur point blank. That's my point, it is a dirty word and comes with much prejudice upon hearing it any many people's cases.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The fact still remains that the word liberal has become a dirty word to many people today. I doubt you talk about your wife in the same fashion that you do "leftists" (liberals) on these forums at times, so I don't think that's a fair comparison.

I don't consider "leftists" liberals at all.

I'm trying to reclaim the term, "liberal", personally. Since the term has been used and abused by fascist authoritarians.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

But only you know how many times you've starred someone who used liberal as a slur. If you want to retake the word then stop encouraging its incorrect use.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

But only you know how many times you've starred someone who used liberal as a slur. If you want to retake the word then stop encouraging its incorrect use.

I'm trying by simply by pointing out that many leftists are authoritarian fascists and not liberal at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So you don't star and agree with people who use the word liberal as a slur? I'm sorry, but I do not believe that is the case.
edit on 3/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

No problem man I know you're a commie :p

Wasn't really looking to debate about it, just calling it like I see it. And your grammar was fine.

For once.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join