It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trumpism is Fanaticism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's a lovely post, it really is. The pictures are perfect too. Well done.

First, a note about the quality of the arguments and outrage:

So true! You really have to wonder, yaknow? Where are all the good arguments like the one here? What do they have? "Trump supporters are cultists!" Sad! Doesn't really compare to a far superior — certainly more creative and substantive — argument like, "Trump detractors are fanatics!" Night and day. I mean. Night. And. Day. Just completely polar opposites. Couldn't be more different. Nothing alike. Not at all the same. Different.

Turn on social media to discover an unhealthy obsession with Trump’s tweets, which has been the top story of even the most professional news outlets for too long.

Right? I mean who cares what the President of the United States says? What outlandish claims he makes? That millions of people believe them? That they cause mass confusion among his cult? That trying to cover for the false claims in his silly tweets results in government employees being tasked with finding "incidental collection" reports to feed to the congressman who is in fact leading the investigation into the administration?

Oh those hysterical sobbing SJWs! What fanatics! Get over "it" already!

edit on 2017-3-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A lot of words to say it's everyone except Trump, for the 100th time.

A lot more where that came from.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The problem with consuming less news is that it means practically cutting yourself off from all media entirely. For the left, everything, everywhere is political. Thus, you can simply turn on a football game, something that should be as apolitical as breakfast oatmeal, and you are still barraged with politics -- everything from players protesting the national anthem to Bob Kostas spouting off on gun control to the pink shoes they all wear for one month.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
But you can be anti trump and not be a liberal or a wacko or a fanatic.

Facts Trump is a Rich, spoiled Jerk. What's to like? He may be just what the country needs but if you really study Trump, you'll see that he has a history of acting like a jerk and being petty. Not really presidential material.

And although I don't want him to fail, he's the president of our great country after all, I'm not a fan. Kind of embarrassing to have as a leader.

I agree with everything you said except the part about not being presidential material. We have, in our short lifes, grown accustom to very polished politicians who lie with a smile and never come through with their promises. The slimey sales people who are only in it for themselves. That is what has been held up as "Presidential Material"

In spite of Trump being an egomaniac jerk, he is actually doing what he said he would. I'd rather make that the new role model for what "presidential material" is vs. the cons we have gotten used to. To me its the issues and how they are being addressed that matter so much more than the personality.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

Yes we know what you mean.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

A lot of words to say it's everyone except Trump, for the 100th time.

A lot more where that came from.

The same narratives do seem to go on and on.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've always found that if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're an idiot.

Too many fanatics on the left are unable or do not have the ability to laugh at themselves.

They take themselves too seriously.

An earmark of fanaticism.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Do you mean the extra 10 trillion in debt, the extra racial division, pushing Islam in schools, Benghazi, the state department corruption, FBI corruption, IRS corruption, citizen groups and Conservative targeting, etc. Need I go on?

Cheers - Dave

And that has what to do with this supposed left fanaticism lol.

I know i know, obama drove over your dog

Well the comment you're replying to doesn't have a whole lot to do with left-wing fanaticism, but your reply to it sure does.

That's the problem that many of us in the middle have right now: those of you on the left utterly and completely dismiss very real issues that came to be under Obama's watch with a casual hand wave and a derisive snort, then turn around and go right back to screaming about things that haven't even happened.

Might they happen? Sure, I suppose there's a chance Spicer will step up to the podium Monday and issue a statement saying "lulz gotcha we really are all queer hating Nazis, oh and we hate chicks and black folks too" and put on a white robe and hood but....a lot of you folks on the left talk as if that's already happened. And it makes you look shrill, misinformed, alarmist, and like you're just making # up because you can't figure out a legitimate platform to attack from. And you do this all while acting as if everything was sunshine and butterflies under Obama's administration.

Just the other day I had another member send me comment after comment about how I really really was better off under Obamacare, I just didn't realize I was. And my responses that no, I paid significantly more money under Obamacare than I had been before it came along fell on deaf ears because they were too busy trying to explain how some other person getting to pay a fraction of a percent less for care somehow actually benefited me.

I'm not going to pretend that the right has some moral high ground when it comes to attacking the President here, but I thought I'd point out one of the biggest behaviors of the left that causes problems for those of us who are neither right nor left.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've always found that if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're an idiot.

Too many fanatics on the left are unable or do not have the ability to laugh at themselves.

They take themselves too seriously.

An earmark of fanaticism.

That's because nothing, NOTHING is funny, and if you think so, then you are guaranteed to be hurting someone's feelings somewhere and why are you such a hater?

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
But, but...Trumpism is also fanaticism. What's your point? The only thing we know for sure is - don't drink anyone's kool-aid.

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I guess you guys have forgotten about the past 8 years where the right was constantly bashing Obama and complaining about him while the Republican party tried to obstruct him the entire way?

Seems like you're getting a taste of your own medicine and can't handle it from my point of view.

100% cognitive dissonance, ignoring your own past so that you don't have to acknowledge your current hypocrisy.

ETA: And NO, that does not mean I excuse what is happening on the anti-Trump front in certain respects.
edit on 3/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I think that was very well said and thought out LesM. Give society a cause to believe in, however morally and ethically twisted it may be, and those that are brainwashed by the MSM will be the first to put a death grip on it.

Seems not long ago, that anger and hate were more of a feeling, that was more often than not, kept to self, nowadays, hate has become a social disease that is accepted and expected behavior and something we do on a global stage. It’s probably what worries me the most about our future. The increased lack of critical thinking and the resulting insanity that ensues there after, is escalating at a very rapid rate and growing in proportion . It’s like a runaway locomotive with full steam ahead, seems to be no stopping it. Hate is the new black.

Insanity doesn’t discriminate, it happens on both sides of the fence. Some groups are just a lil more looney than others. Apparently ignorance is contagious, who knew.

edit on 31-3-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
But, but...Trumpism is also fanaticism. What's your point? The only thing we know for sure is - don't drink anyone's kool-aid.

Exactly.

This seems to be a thread on how the pot feels about the kettle. In a verbose manner, of course.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

No, most can see the hair, the braggy choppy speech pattern and the sensitive ego. But He still beat HRC.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Trump won, so why are so many Trumpkins so very bitter and angry all the time?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

In spite of Trump being an egomaniac jerk, he is actually doing what he said he would.

Like what?

The 30 day plan to stop ISIS dead?

Repealing the ACA?

Building the wall?

Making America Great Again?

I think I've just answered my question.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So true! You really have to wonder, yaknow? Where are all the good arguments like the one here? What do they have? "Trump supporters are cultists!" Sad! Doesn't really compare to a far superior — certainly more creative and substantive — argument like, "Trump detractors are fanatics!" Night and day. I mean. Night. And. Day. Just completely polar opposites. Couldn't be more different. Nothing alike. Not at all the same. Different.

Except you've confused a conclusion with an argument. Actually, an argument is a set of premises or reasons to persuade towards a certain claim or conclusion.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Admittedly there are some elements of Trumpism that are fanatical, except it pales in comparison.

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Because they have a persecution complex, they're always being "attacked" and "lied" about so their defense is bitterness and anger. They nor Trump are ever in the wrong and anyone saying otherwise is spreading propaganda and lying. They see their enemies (liberals) as subhuman and pathetic. Same also goes for the left as well in some instances but it is much more prevalent on the right going by these forums and many of my personal connections, family included.

link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

Trump won, so why are so many Trumpkins so very bitter and angry all the time?

I'm more on the sweet side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join