It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trumpism is Fanaticism

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Thank you for sharing that. A rabbit-hole. From people I've talked to on the same subject, it sounds like what you described is a common trajectory among those who abandon the left.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You can't just use hyperbole and make statements like you did without any rationale to back it up.

From what I can see, Trump supporters are more than willing to engage in a rational debate and to support their ideas, whereas the so-called progressive leftists have nothing to offer but regurgitated MSM propaganda, along with an unhealthy dose of hatred and intolerance, and bigotry. Everything that they claimed Trump supporters were doing and would do, they are doing.

Hate does not and cannot trump love.

edit on 2-4-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Thank you for sharing that. A rabbit-hole. From people I've talked to on the same subject, it sounds like what you described is a common trajectory among those who abandon the left.

You're welcome. Great description. Succinct.

They're crazy, and their spokespeople, like Hillary Clinton, who's propping herself back up again, appearing as if out of a coffin, while they represent something outwardly, are inwardly nothing but ravenous wolves who don't even bother to dress up in sheep's clothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

You can't just use hyperbole and make statements like you did without any rationale to back it up.

From what I can see, Trump supporters are more than willing to engage in a rational debate and to support their ideas, whereas the so-called progressive leftists have nothing to offer but regurgitated MSM propaganda, along with an unhealthy dose of hatred and intolerance, and bigotry. Everything that the claimed Trump supporters were doing and would do, they are doing.

From what I can see, and by my own experience, whenever I try to hold a conversation with a Trump supporter I end up being labelled and insulted and called everything under the sun no matter how polite or nice I tried to be.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Really? Have you been watching the behavior and style and approach of your fellow leftists towards Trump supporters?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Really? Have you been watching the behavior and style and approach of your fellow leftists towards Trump supporters?

Some, perhaps. Not all. Just like some Trump supporters display disgraceful behaviour towards the "left", but not all.

Unlike some people in this thread, I do not lump everyone in the same basket then accuse others of doing so.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: LesterJust
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If a person is against trump but for Hilary

They are completely deluded in my opinion

What if we're against both - like myself and many others are?

Ya right..you spent the entire time defending Hillary and attacking Trump...just parrots of the media the entire time.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You've got to be bloody kidding me. The MAJORITY of trump supporters on these boards are some of the least rational people I've ever seen. Glugging down the kool aid and refusing to acknowledge a single negative point about their dear leader. Constant deflection and whining about hillary.

Some of them are rational of course. But the majority on here are the Conservative equivalent of what SJWs represent on the left. Desperately defensive, incapable of any form of balance. It's terrifying.

Necessary caveat: I'm anti trump, anti hillary, centrist before anyone starts calling me a libtard.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You say so little, with a lot of words.
That's a fete in of itself.

You're really just stating the obvious but forgetting the important nuance that a lot of Trump supporters are brainwashed CULT members.

Praise Kek.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Frickin' libtards.

On a more serious note, I've attempted rational debate on many threads (in support of trump) yet can't seem to find a rational anti-trumper.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

You're really just stating the obvious but forgetting the important nuance that a lot of Trump supporters are brainwashed CULT members.

Praise Kek.

To me, they're no better than screaming SJWs. Blind faith is a sign of weakness and is one of the most dangerous human character traits.

The desire and willingness to question your leader; to hold them accountable - it's absolutely essential. The problem is people treat politics like sport. You're either in my team or you're not. And I'll defend my team to the bitter end.

Some people seem to think it's somehow unpatriotic or borderline treasonous to question leadership. I don't care who you are or who you support - you should question them. Hold them accountable. It makes you smart. It minimises corruption. It doesn't make you a traitor to say 'hang on, that ain't right'.

You CAN support trump and you CAN question his motives and actions. It's logical. It's rational. It's smart. Aggressively defending every stupid mindless defensive tweet he makes; arguing to the death to twist and spin everything he does and says so you can score points or reassure yourself that you cast your vote correctly is ridiculous.

He's failed on the travel ban. He's failed on repealing Obamacare. He's having to use YOUR money to build the wall. He's alienating world leaders globally. His own party are turning on him. He's mired in scandal. He's been caught lying, manipulating the news while accusing everyone else of being fake news, and constantly deflecting in the face of very worrying investigations.

Trump supporters should realise they can support him while saying 'he's definitely not perfect.' But they don't seem to be able to swallow their pride.

In the UK we shred our politicians. Even the party we support - we hold them accountable. They represent us so we make sure they do it as appropriately as possible.

Wake up guys. Wake up.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Right theorist logic: 99% of liberals are far left idiots who cry themselves to sleep every night because Trump is President - leftists are protester, cultist blind people who don't see the greatness of Trump.

Left reality: 99% of left don't protest, aren't cultists, don't honestly care a bunch other than to lament at the stupid things Trump continues to do. Most are probably willing to admit when Trump does something that helps the nation, he and his administration have just failed to do that, so far.

The thread title itself is ridiculous. Anti Trump = fanaticism? So in your mind, if someone doesn't like the way Trump is doing his job, they are a fanatic cultist? Please try harder.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Most are probably willing to admit when Trump does something that helps the nation, he and his administration have just failed to do that, so far.

Like? What's something on his agenda you are excited about?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: fleabit

Most are probably willing to admit when Trump does something that helps the nation, he and his administration have just failed to do that, so far.

Like? What's something on his agenda you are excited about?

Honestly, I'm desperately trying to find something. I was hoping he'd shake things up because he's not a career politician. A break from being in bed with the bankers and billionaires. But so far it looks like he's in bed with the same people. But I'll be the first to concede when he does something positive. Bringing back coal doesn't count.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Right theorist logic: 99% of liberals are far left idiots who cry themselves to sleep every night because Trump is President - leftists are protester, cultist blind people who don't see the greatness of Trump.

Left reality: 99% of left don't protest, aren't cultists, don't honestly care a bunch other than to lament at the stupid things Trump continues to do. Most are probably willing to admit when Trump does something that helps the nation, he and his administration have just failed to do that, so far.

The thread title itself is ridiculous. Anti Trump = fanaticism? So in your mind, if someone doesn't like the way Trump is doing his job, they are a fanatic cultist? Please try harder.

I said anti-trumpism. The suffix "ism" denotes an ideology. Try harder.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Praise Kek.

Thank you sir. In-depth analysis as usual.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What would constitute shaking things up?? Everyone in DC seems pretty shaken.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

What would constitute shaking things up?? Everyone in DC seems pretty shaken.

I don't mean shaken because of FBI investigations and accusations of corruption and scandal. I meant not employing yet more billionaires and bankers. Draining the swamp.

The swamp is as full as ever.

Steve Bannon ffs. I mean come on.
edit on 2-4-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Wait, how is steve bannon part of the swamp? I can think of a few examples, but bannon isn't one. Reince. Maybe the treasury secretary, Mnuchin. But bannon isn't part of the DC swamp imo.

No cabinet will be filled with no name joe shmo's. Nor should it be.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Despite the verbose intro I didn't have much to work with, did I now.

I mean you seem to be positioning people who are anti-Trump into a Cult, just the same as anti-Trump people call his supporters a Cult.

So what makes you different from them?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join