It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trumpism is Fanaticism

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

What's happened to people's rational faculty and critical thinking skills?

That's precisely what I keep asking myself every time I speak to a Trump supporter.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: seasonalIf I were a leftist I would gather my "troops"

If I were a rightist I would worry about my commander..

Agreed, but we dodged a bullet getting anyone but power hungry Hillary, really

Dodged a bullet, caught a hand grenade.

But still missed getting a nuke up our collective asses by not electing a mafioso member to the WH. Well wishers among the adults got out the vote for, and are hoping that , DJT can end some of the blatant crony partisanship we see drenched in criminality.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

What do you mean, precisely?

I expressed myself precisely.

What's happened to people's ability to do basic research on their own?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Well wishers among the adults got out the vote for, and are hoping that , DJT can end some of the blatant crony partisanship we see drenched in criminality.

By creating a cabinet of cronies and criminals?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
the Indentarians staged a coup within the Republican party and we got stuck with a Eurasianist puppet.

What do you mean, precisely?

The Russians, of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneWrecche
I get it, Trump has emboldened the bigots, and you feel safe here in the echo chamber that is ATS, but I ain't slithering anywhere any time soon.

Poor soul.

"hur dur we dont say mall here in straya..."
"I aint going no where"

make your mind up son, are you with us, or swimming for the other guys?

Not that there is anything wrong with that... pool boy.

edit on 2-4-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

But I have to wonder why the uncompromising, obsessive, and paranoid anti-Trumpists seem more likely to drink the cyanide kool-aid.

Because Trump critics refused to look in the mirror.

They actually think their own snip doesn't stink.

Hell the first page alone.

The first few posts alone was the proof in that pudding.
edit on 2-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Why just the radical left? Again, there are fanatics on all parts of the spectrum. Fanatics on the far-right have committed mass murder, they are also people who believe their beliefs are the only acceptable way and who definitely believe you should be killed if you don't agree. Slightly worse than the actions of the radical left I would say, and mirrors fundamentalist Islam more than anything.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I remember having a few arguments with you during the election. What made you turn?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
DP
edit on 4/2/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

Why just the radical left? Again, there are fanatics on all parts of the spectrum. Fanatics on the far-right have committed mass murder, they are also people who believe their beliefs are the only acceptable way and who definitely believe you should be killed if you don't agree. Slightly worse than the actions of the radical left I would say, and mirrors fundamentalist Islam more than anything.

Yes...there is the far-right. I'm one of them. But my morals and values superseded my political opinions. I won't "sell my soul", I won't harm, injure or kill. I won't become a criminal or corrupt to support political beliefs. I am above that...I am myself more important than that. Not the radical left. It has become (mostly recently) an atmosphere where they ARE their political beliefs and their morals, values and "soul" will bend to back them up.

In my opinion...of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: twfau

Yes...there is the far-right. I'm one of them. But my morals and values superseded my political opinions. I won't "sell my soul", I won't harm, injure or kill. I won't become a criminal or corrupt to support political beliefs. I am above that...I am myself more important than that. Not the radical left. It has become (mostly recently) an atmosphere where they ARE their political beliefs and their morals, values and "soul" will bend to back them up.

In my opinion...of course.

What makes you far-right?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

That's precisely what I keep asking myself every time I speak to a Trump supporter.

What, precisely, do you mean by that? Can you elaborate and be more specific?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Good question! Probably because I'm often pissed off about the state of the country and disagree with the dictatorship views of the left. But...I'm pro-choice. I also think there are many politicians on the right that need to be fired. I took a test once and my wife agreed with the results that I'm more of a libertarian.

But I tend to believe that when the "enemy" adopts radical tactics and views, you often have to reciprocate to effectively battle. I wanted Trump to win (and voted for him) not so much because I thought he would be a good or great President, but because he pissed off most of the other politicians who I dislike.

I also think we just barely escaped a left agenda where if Clinton had been elected, our America...historic America was dead.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Good question! Probably because I'm often pissed off about the state of the country and disagree with the dictatorship views of the left. But...I'm pro-choice. I also think there are many politicians on the right that need to be fired. I took a test once and my wife agreed with the results that I'm more of a libertarian.

But I tend to believe that when the "enemy" adopts radical tactics and views, you often have to reciprocate to effectively battle. I wanted Trump to win (and voted for him) not so much because I thought he would be a good or great President, but because he pissed off most of the other politicians who I dislike.

I also think we just barely escaped a left agenda where if Clinton had been elected, our America...historic America was dead.

Thanks for sharing. It is strange to me, however, that classical liberal and libertarian values would be classified as far-right, though I've heard that suggestion before.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It's amusing how each side is blind to the effects of their party's universal rule but outraged when the other side practices it. I wish we could get back to bipartisan efforts but I fear those days are gone. It's "them" vs "us" and both sides seem to think they represent the majority, when that plainly isn't the case.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I agree with you in general, but the "means to the end" by the left is far more extreme in my opinion. I don't see violent riots by the right...assaults...death threats, etc. And you KNOW the MSM would be glad to mention them. Those I know on the right are accepting to discussion...those I know on the left simply want the opposition to shut-up or go away.

The right will compromise...the left (at least recently) won't.

PS: The word militant comes to mind.
edit on 4/2/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

It's amusing how each side is blind to the effects of their party's universal rule but outraged when the other side practices it. I wish we could get back to bipartisan efforts but I fear those days are gone. It's "them" vs "us" and both sides seem to think they represent the majority, when that plainly isn't the case.

One would think getting back to bipartisan business is the first thing in order, but it appears some are gearing up for the next election.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I remember having a few arguments with you during the election. What made you turn?

It was combination of the way that Trump was being attacked by the MSM, in particular, CNN, along with the leak of Podesta's emails (has he ever answered a single question about the apparent use of a strange code language?) and a growing awareness of the criminality of the Clinton's, both of them, along with insider reports about how she treats her staff and security detail. Alarm bells started going off, and I became totally creeped out. I knew from a certain experience that I'd had some time ago that something was off and wrong with Obama (can't really get into that here), but I was willing to give them a second chance, and I'd bought into the anti-Trump mania.

I can see now that Trump, in spite of his flaws, has good intentions, and that he isn't a Satanist or illuminatist or whatever you want to call that whole "culture" that runs through Hollywood and celebrity culture in alignment with a certain faction of Washington insiders and politicians (a rather strange marriage).

It just clicked and the puzzle pieces fell together that Obama and these people are actually radical leftists who follow the "leadership" of people like Saul Alinsky who dedicated his book "Rules for Radicals", to the devil, and who are supported in their endeavors by the likes of George Soros, who I've come to see as being essentially satanic and evil as well (he even brags about it, and said that his formative years helping the Nazi's round up his fellow Jews and property and the magnitude of the evil of it all were among the very best days of his life).

Then, I re-examined the basic precepts of conservatism and libertarianism as the domain of Liberty via unfettered individual self-determination without hindrance or constraint by government bureaucracy, and determined that true human progress and problem solving must be a bottom up phenomenon within that free space of authentic Liberty.

edit on 2-4-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

What, precisely, do you mean by that? Can you elaborate and be more specific?

It's fairly self explanatory mate.

I noticed you asked a similar question about another posters equally self explanatory post. What's up with that? Are you genuinely not comprehending what's being said, or are you trying to confuse the conversation deliberately?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join