It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trumpism is Fanaticism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not into this generalising in politics. There are pro-Trump fanatics for whom Trump can do no wrong, and when he does wrong (or gets called out for blatant hypocrisy) it's everyone elses fault; whilst there are anti-Trump fanatics who almost believe he'll bring upon the apocalypse. Perhaps some people get so personally attached to an idea that the confirmation bias becomes too strong, but it happens all over spectrum. It's sad really that a whole political doctrine can become defined by a few idiots but that seems to be what happens.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
I'm not into this generalising in politics. There are pro-Trump fanatics for whom Trump can do no wrong, and when he does wrong (or gets called out for blatant hypocrisy) it's everyone elses fault; whilst there are anti-Trump fanatics who almost believe he'll bring upon the apocalypse. Perhaps some people get so personally attached to an idea that the confirmation bias becomes too strong, but it happens all over spectrum. It's sad really that a whole political doctrine can become defined by a few idiots but that seems to be what happens.

Agreed

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Comrades! I think we can all agree Trump is Great Very Good Best President! When Russian News says it you know your can trust it! Anyone who think otherwise is sick liberal awful persons who are babies! Haha!

Dos Vedanya Tovarisch!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Trump fans will do anything if it serves to misdirect people from the failings of their hero.

Trump is failing. Admit it. Say you were duped. Move on.

You should have seen it coming. You didn't. Now man-up. Tell the world that you were played by an incompetent, narcissistic clown.

You'll feel so much better.

edit on 1-4-2017 by Moresby because: I was being chased by Steve Bannon's drunk-tank beard!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Trump fans will do anything if it serves to misdirect people from the failings of their hero.

Trump is failing. Admit it. Say you were duped. Move on.

You should have seen it coming. You didn't. Now man-up. Tell the world that you were played by an incompetent, narcissistic clown.

You'll feel so much better.

Is the confirmation you are waiting patiently for? But I doubt the revelation that you've been duped by a media wedded to an establishment will ever arise, let alone breach the walls of your denial.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Comrades! I think we can all agree Trump is Great Very Good Best President! When Russian News says it you know your can trust it! Anyone who think otherwise is sick liberal awful persons who are babies! Haha!

Dos Vedanya Tovarisch!

Well, that remains to be seen. Hindsight is a better angle of assessment than prophecy, after all.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Whatever, I call bullspit. I call defending an incompetent con-man monumentally stupid

Yet your assumption that he is a conman and incompetent is not the whole of the story, but the side you've been told by third parties with vested interests. I suspect your judgement of character is misinformed.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you ignored the partisanship here we'd be reading about 2.5 posts.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Perhaps this effete treatise would have had more standing if it hadn't been posted in the Political Mud Pit.

As it was, it is clear that OP means to churn up more bleating partisanship, rather than actually discuss the issues.

That said, there is much truth in the OP, if one can hear it.

Sadly, that truth is only applied to one imaginary "side" of the political spectrum, thereby firmly establishing what could have been a decent piece into more fallacious hogwash.

False on its face because I do not mention nor apply anything to this or that side of the political spectrum. Your fake rebuttal is only meant to disguise your own allegiances under an imaginary air of bipartisanship.

Your title very blatantly sets up the sides. Everything you said after that title reinforced your belief that one of your "sides" is misguided at best.

"Fake" is the only resource some of you have left because I've never disguised my beliefs and positions for a second.

Two sentences, three lies. Well done, LesMis, even for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

if you think you're the best at everything, the way trump does. or, you know more than anybody... good chance you're a con man.

quotes like these -

"I have proven to be far more correct about terrorism than anybody- and it’s not even close."

"My I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it!"

"I Know More About ISIS than the Generals Do, Believe Me"

come on! that's a con man, surely you see that..

I didn't form my opinion from the media. LOL but, from trumps own words.
and john barron's

edit on 1-4-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Well said points.

Thanx!

"Fanatics Unite!"

What a terrifying notion, focused insanity! *__-

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hating Trump and supporting Hillary has become the popular thing to do, and people just follow trends because they want to be accepted and liked.

After the elections, when it was clear that Hillary won the popular vote, it just solidified their notion that its more popular to support Hillary, so they continued to do so.

Sadly, that really is all it has come down to because people are simplistic idiots.
edit on 1-4-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Wookiep

Why would I deny it if I was?

That seems rather counter intuitive...

What I am..is impartial, it may seem as though I am pro left, but that's only because ATS is flooded with right wing morons who think they're in a safe echo chamber.

I'm not even American,I hate Hillary and dislike Trump, and loath Trump supporters with their over compensated support for him.

You know the absolute weirdest and strangest thing I have experienced since becoming a yank.....Everyone wants to get into someone else's business.
I can't tell you back home a single time that personal religious views or political stance came up in a conversation with work people or friends?
Sure there is talk when there is an incident and we all say "what a bloody idiot" but this whole defining oneself by partisan definitions is the oddest thing. I don't remember asking nor caring about who someone voted for? Here, it comes up at just about every meeting social or professional I have had, along with which college football team you support

If only they would vote for who they hate the least, instead of automatically supporting a party. This place needs more swing voters, independents and less fanatics. The claim that one side is more fanatical than the other is ludicrous, and slightly embarrassing to make such a stupid claim. Fanatics are all the same, they just bleat and honk different sounds.
America has made some of the worlds great achievements, first class, but it's greatest failure is it's divisive nature that these people cannot seem to break from.

I laughed so hard when I happening upon a political rally or two last year, One Dems, One republican, people chanting and screaming like they are at a Nuremberg rally. The red, white blue balloons everywhere, the absolute belief their party would "save America". It is weird. Just plain weird, and unless they grew up elsewhere none of them have any clue how odd it is to see people screaming down partisan lines for 16 months. But their ringmasters sure know what they are doing

Then you have the internet trolls that love to fan the flames of hatred and divisiveness in the US. They also make me laugh.
I sometimes feel like a mother watching children pull each others hair in the yard when it comes to American politics.

edit on 1-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

First, remarkably well written, and thank you for that!!
It's rare these days to see such writing, and I find it quite refreshing.

Second, your assessment is most accurate!! I have watched videos (yeah, yeah, now and then I can appreciate some shadenfreude) of people reacting in a way than makes "freaking out" seem like a mid description of their behavior. One girl was shouting at her camera, claiming she was "literally dying", and demanding that someone do something "right now". One guy was running around his place, on camera, tossing things into a bag so fast you'd think someone was coming to kill him, trying to grab his cat (and failing), and in a state of apparent panic. He did have time to record, though.....perhaps he did that all the time?

For some of the people, such as the celebrities, the behavior is indeed fanatical. For a few, it seems to be beyond that; fanaticism coupled with actual insanity, of varying varieties. It's quite bizarre to watch this phenomenon. After the 2008 election, as recall, a lot of people were not happy with the result, myself among them, and saw that election as a very bad thing for the nation. Considering the last eight years, we had valid reason to worry. Yet, I don't recall any riots, property destruction, threats of violence, panicking videos, and the rest, back then. Sure, people complained, and speculated, and there were many heated discussions between folks on opposing sides of the debate, but nothing remotely close to what we are seeing today.

Interestingly, the more radical behavior then was from his supporters, when responding to anyone who wasn't one. Some of what we see now is, I believe, those same people reacting, to a loss this time instead of a win. I believe many were so certain they would always be in control, when that didn't happen, they became completely unhinged.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Well said.

Further, many of those that you meet, probably don't even vote!

My vote has swung over the years, gone from greenies when I was young and dumb, to libs, now I avoid the major parties like the plague and give my vote to a smaller party like the shooters and fishers party..

None of this "Welp, mah daddy voted republican, and his daddy's daddy voted republican, so I'll vote republican" rubbish.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

No we just recognize a lying thieving scumbag when we see & hear one.

K~

If that were true no one would have wanted Hillary.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

All part of the regular schedule programming. It's quite simple, they don't want a united country because that would ultimately be their demise. They've already reached the point of no return imo.

Dude seriously., its like you guys forgot the past 8 years, just wow.

Dude seriously, what would you know about race relations while living in Canada?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

haha same, I have flipped so many time over the years, except the last election when they all disgusted me so much I took the fine instead of casting.

I'm not sure it's always a 'matter of my daddy voted this way', rather political parties are excellent marketers, it is quite the profitable industry to be in politics. Tribalism hasn't left us, we feel safer amongst those in our own echo chambers.
Sadly are misled to believe that Person A B or C will represent our delusional thinking when in fact these parties and their politicians are in it for financial and power gains, not social representation and governing by their constituents preference. They are opportunists.
Then you have the wicked little devils whispering into their ears, 'oh look those people are to blame for your lot, hate those people, don't be like them'.
Anyway that is a very white washed version of how I see it, and TBH it is quite boring to me.
edit on 1-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you don't star and agree with people who use the word liberal as a slur? I'm sorry, but I do not believe that is the case.

Wow, talk about being triggered!! Do you not realize that your continued posts on the issue of the word "liberal" alone are proving the OP correct? Here's a question for you; how many times have you used the word "conservative" as a slur, or some variation of that label? How many posts did you star, wherein someone else did the same?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Except that if you were to itemize the prose and cons of youre lists you would quickly be truly inlightened and realize that um maybe sometimes the answers are even clearer than those with credence would have you believe?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join