It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmakers Now Admit Years of Obamacare Repeal Votes Were a Sham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It is hard to overestimate the role of the Affordable Care Act in the Republican resurgence. Over the last seven years, the GOP has won successive elections by highlighting problems with Obamacare, airing more than $235 million in negative ads slamming the law, and staging more than 50 high-profile repeal votes. In 2016 every major Republican presidential candidate, including Donald Trump, campaigned on a pledge to quickly get rid of it. Now in total control of Congress and the White House, some GOP legislators are saying that the political assault on Obamacare was an exercise in cynical politics, and that an outright repeal was never on the table. The Intercept

Duh...ya think?

Actually, in my search for a straight-shooter in the information game, I am going more and more to The Intercept. They may not please everybody, but I think they are an important news source for balance.

Because sometimes one's ideological lenses are telling you lies, eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So they basically are telling us now what we we've all known for the last 7 to 8 years? Can we all give a hearty... DUH!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So they basically are telling us now what we we've all known for the last 7 to 8 years? Can we all give a hearty... DUH!

The best analogy I've heard....they are the dog who caught the car. Dandy, time to move on and fix it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That would require to admit they were wrong. Now you know we can't have that.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Both sides suck, Obama care is a robbery of the working man. I used to have health insurance, can't afford it now. But social leeches are fully covered and get a free cell phone. Yay DEMOCRATS!!

edit on Fri Mar 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Both sides suck, Obummer care is a robbery of the working man. I used to have health insurance, can't afford it now. But social leeches are fully covered and get a free cell phone. Yay [snipped]!!

Do tell us how you really feel,but to stay on topic, so how about them REPUBLICANS.
edit on Fri Mar 31 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
See first post, republican leaders suck also. Do you need it in French to understand?a reply to: dukeofjive696969

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

See first post, republican leaders suck also. Do you need it in French to understand?a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I think that if you compare our access to health care to yours, you might want to be careful as to who you mock, eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Both sides suck, Obummer care is a robbery of the working man. I used to have health insurance, can't afford it now. But social leeches are fully covered and get a free cell phone. Yay Demoncraps!!

You do know that the free phone thing wasn't started under Obama right? Or do you not care about denying ignorance?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Both sides suck, Obummer care is a robbery of the working man. I used to have health insurance, can't afford it now. But social leeches are fully covered and get a free cell phone. Yay Demoncraps!!

You do know that the free phone thing wasn't started under Obama right? Or do you not care about denying ignorance?

It wasnt ?
Source please.....
A reliable good source for a change.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I used to have health insurance, can't afford it now. But social leeches are fully covered and get a free cell phone. Yay DEMOCRATS!!

Obamacare has it issues, but you can't be blaming the free cellphones on Obama. That is a republican thing; first enacted by Regan, and later expanded by Bush Jr.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Obama spread that like the Black Plague. It's common to refer to it as an Obama phone for that reason. See upper video a reply to: tebyen

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It wasnt ?
Source please.....
A reliable good source for a change.

I don't know what you mean by "good source" (nor do I care) so I'll just post a few:

new topics

top topics

join