It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music to get the weekend started

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am in a metal music mood today like always I guess but we are having a party here tonight and I was going through some tunes to play.
Just thought I would throw some Circle II Circle out to everyone that has never heard them before.
Circle II Circle has had many band members go through the bands Savatage and Trans-Siberian Orchestra and also a few other bands in that same musical universe...Jon Oliva's Pain, Machines of Grace. Great bands themselves.
Hope you guys like them.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Interesting music choices for your party. I have recently been revisiting KMFDM from a long time ago. XTORT and Nihil were two of my favorite albums back in my youth.ultra. KMFDM

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

Here you go...I fixed your link.
Never heard of that band before.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

OK, do it doesn't fit the genre, but it has a story as all great songs must.

This has been my weekend anthem for a while now ... since the years prior to 2008. I worked at a place where I would get off at about 5:30 every evening and had a long drive home across the city cutting through some of the densest traffic to get home.

I would listen to the last half-hour of a local talk show on the radio and then turn over to the local metal station at 6:00 because talk would have Hannity coming on and I don't listen to Hannity. But ... on Fridays his show would always open with this song, and because my job, while thoroughly fulfilling, enjoyable, and satisfying in those days was also mentally challenging and emotionally exhausting, I would often stick to Hannity long enough to hear this song on Friday because it would hit almost always right when I was on the home stretch of my commute.

And the tone of the song was just, somehow, right for that. So it's the Friday song! And then I'd turn over to the local metal station and get this:

It fits the thread better!

As far as adding to your party ... does Static-X count?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Have at it

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you...I always seem to mess that up.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Also, the ultimate Friday song!

new topics

top topics

join