It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem of Africa.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Again we are hearing in the news again about famine in Africa. Around 30 billion in aid is sent to Africa every year but the problem still persists. Africa has plenty of natural resources yet it people STILL live in poverty.

Why?

Trillion has been pumped into the Africa countrys over the century yet they exist in poverty stricken states. Yes colonialism, especially from Italy, France and Belgium left areas devastated but that’s no excuse. Germany and Japan in 1945 where left bombed out wrecks yet within a decade they were first would industrial nations again and that does not explain places like Kenya and Zimbabwe and other British held areas of Africa that when the British left where modern and prosperous yet quickly went downhill.

Clearing throwing money at Africa countrys does nothing.

So what is causing the problems?

How do we sort it?

One key issue is over population. It’s a cycle.
Africans breed.
There population outstrips the ability for the country to feed them.
There is famine.
We send aid
Africans breed.
There population outstrips the ability for the country to feed them.
There is famine.
We send aid
And so on.

But that doesn’t address the key issue of why there is such a cycle. Why hasn’t all the education programs made a dent?
Why cant these nations become self-sufficient?

Is it culture? Is there politcal conpsiracy keeping African country delibratly at war?

Again I think there is a inbuilt culture of nepatism and corruption in the majority of african countrys. Also petty tribal disputes play a huge role in keeping certain areas in perpetual war.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Problem is Africa still gets no fair trade deals for its resources. The rest of the world uses it to dump their garbage and the real cycle we're looking at is as you pointed out corruption inside NGOs: without famine no money.
It's an industry.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Libya was doing great and starting to help out the rest of Africa but we sent them bombs .do the math because its obvious the intended targets are not the real targets of either $$ or bombs . This is part 2 and I would suggest finding pt.1 for the full interview

edit on 31-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

A people should be left alone to either rise or fall on their own abilities and merits. Artificially propping up a people that cannot support themselves given their current situation or predicament does not aid those people, it just makes them dependent on those doing the propping.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

A people should be left alone to either rise or fall on their own abilities and merits. Artificially propping up a people that cannot support themselves given their current situation or predicament does not aid those people, it just makes them dependent on those doing the propping.

Thats one of the things I think.

Europe, China,Japan and USA all had to grow up the hard way with the sheding of blood and its share of moral atrocitys.

I think we have to just cut the aid and let them sink or swim without inference. Eventual after a decade of two of hard ship the people of Africa will adapt and learn to stand on there own two feet.

The other idea is somewhat less pleasant and thats giving foreign aid but under condition of sterilisation so reduce the population in Africa without having to through the cycle of famine. Then when the population has been decreased by 50-75% cut the aid as the country’s should be able to support a reduced population.

edit on 31-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Send them zero money because only the # hits the bottom anyway same as donating for a cancer CURE all a merry dance while knee deep in bs

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's corruption, obviously.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
One of the reasons this is happening once again is down to the ANC backed genocide of the Afrikaaner farmers. These farmers supplied a huge portion of Africa with food and became known as the bread basket of Africa. In approx 15yrs since 1994 over 300,000 people have have been murdered and 1,544 farmers murered (this does not include farm attacks which are not considered by police figures) despite their land being given to black locals, many sold their land back to the Government at a huge profit and now that land lies barren thanks to the ANC's Land Reform Act. Food prices are going through the roof and now just 3% of the farmers produce 95% of the food for Africa according to the Transvaal Agricultural Union

Reform Minister Gugile Nkwinti has openly acknowledge that over 90% of the farms given to black farmers are highly unproductive

Many farmers have and are moving to Soviet Republic of Georgeia , Kenya & Ethiopia as 90% of all applications to move to Europe are denied South Africans. The left's hatred for all things South African is alive and well and for as long as this situation is allowed to continue and be ignored, WE will once again end up footing the bill for feeding Africa
edit on 31-3-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: inaccurate

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
One of the reasons this is happening once again is down to the ANC backed genocide of the Afrikaaner farmers. These farmers supplied a huge portion of Africa with food and became known as the bread basket of Africa. In approx 15yrs since 1994 over 300,000 farmers have been murdered and despite their land being given to black locals, many sold their land back to the Government at a huge profit and now that land lies barren thanks to the ANC's Land Reform Act. Food prices are going through the roof and now just 3% of the farmers produce 95% of the food for Africa according to the Transvaal Agricultural Union

Reform Minister Gugile Nkwinti has openly acknowledge that over 90% of the farms given to black farmers are highly unproductive

Many farmers have and are moving to Soviet Republic of Georgeia , Kenya & Ethiopia as 90% of all applications to move to Europe are denied South Africans. The left's hatred for all things South African is alive and well and for as long as this situation is allowed to continue and be ignored, WE will once again end up footing the bill for feeding Africa

. Racism against the white farmers is a big problem as know form a few lucky South African I know that managed to get to the UK.

They are the ones that knew how to do the farming and how to manage the land but in blind hatred and a self of entitlement from the black community there where forced out before they could educate anyone in landed management techniques.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ironically Africa could get "rich" very easily, it takes a little work to get to it, as it's all in the underground, the resource is...Water, plenty of water.

SOURCE

Scientists say the notoriously dry continent of Africa is sitting on a vast reservoir of groundwater.

They argue that the total volume of water in aquifers underground is 100 times the amount found on the surface. The team have produced the most detailed map yet of the scale and potential of this hidden resource.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Comic relief in the UK alone raised over £70 million this year much of which is used for causes over on the African continent, this besides any foreign aid that gets sent over for various projects the western nations are extremely generous in our hand outs in my opinion.

Its blatantly obvious we cant fix Africa's problems by constantly throwing money at them i remember band aid etc.. in the mid eighties raising millions and they 30 odd years later still have the same issues.

I don't know what can be done other than let them get on with it and let them either succeed or fail, maybe this sounds harsh but all the countries that keep sending aid and donations have a mountain of their own homeless and people in poverty etc...

Its time too look after our own then maybe try fixing the world when we have sorted our own citizens out.
edit on 31-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling as per

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Having seen the recent pictures on UK television there is one thing i can't figure out ......

The pictures show emaciated children, like, near deaths door ..... so .......

This has not happened overnight, like they were OK yesterday and today they are not. Why NOW the sudden outcry for AID and coverage on MSM? surely the aid agencies out there could see it coming a while back, like "Houston, we have a problem" ..... but NO, lets wait until we can get pictures of rib cages, swollen bellies and fly's on lips and eyes!!

I don't buy it, AND, this has nothing to do with drought, rather, WAR. Will your AID money end up in the hands of the 2 factions that are fighting or with the starving people that need it?

It won't be the starving i can guess

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's a Ted talk with really good insights into poverty:

www.ted.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
One of Africa's main problems is that whatever is wrong is always someone else's fault. Anyone who has lived a day there will tell you that this is the case. It is not the only problem, by any means, but it is the attitude that is at the root of a great deal of the issues.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
No matter how much money You give You still can't fix stupid. I'm just amazed by how many people keep having kids even though they can't feed the first kid. I personally think welfare should be limited to one kid and after that the parents need to be fixed. I know it sounds heartless but as far as I'm concerned the real heartless jerks are the people that have children and refuse to feed them.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What many fail to realise is that much of the "famine" is purposeful, certain African groups plan the extermination of rival tribes, groups, religions etc by various means as simple as poisoning the food supply. I'm a member of Genocide watch with particular concern and interest in Africa. At the moment these are the countries on the genocide list

Ethiopa stage 9 extermination level - targets Government opponents
Kenya stage 6 polarization level - targets Government opponents
DR Congo stage 9 extermination level - targets women & Banyamulengue
Sudan stage 9 extermination level - targets Darfurese, Nuba
Chad stage 9 extermination level - targets Fur, Nuba, Zhagawas
Cameroon stage 9 extermination level - targets Christians
Nigeria stage 9 extermination level - targets Christians
Rwanda (again) stage 6 polarization - targets Tutsis
Central African Republic stage 9 extermination - targets Christians
Somalia stage 9 extermination - targets opposing tribes

With so many African countries constantly at war fighting each other there is barely time to live let alone farm in peace, and yet during the colonial years when those nasty colonialist "invaded" and built these countries from the ground up until they left, there was little or no ethnic cleansing or tribal warfare and food was plentiful due to advanced farming techniques introduced by those horrible colonialists. Now, once again, Africa show that they are incapable of taking care of "business" and feeding themselves or governing themselves and will again turn to outsiders to assist. However, over the years we outsiders I feel have grown immune to the suffering in Africa and most of us, thanks to the internet, are now well aware of the fact that most aid never gets to where its needed so refuse to give.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I live in Cape Town South Africa. Our government throws more money at education per capita than most countries, yet our biggest problem is an uneducated work force and electorate. I am an Afrikaner/Boer, and the farm killings are a desaster, but although it's in the thousands since 94, it surely can't be 300K?

Accountability does not exist here and our best educated graduates, black and white, leaves for greener pastures. I stayed to make a difference, but am now regretting it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Africa's biggest problem is entitlement. Stop the grants and the aid. If we starve, bring food or something and make sure it goes to the needy. Don't give money and don't give the food to the governments to hand out. They only enrich themselves.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DbDraad

My humble apologies I meant 361,000 murders in SA NOT just farmers! I have corrected that error.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DbDraad

Social grant aid has skyrocketed since the ANC came to power, from a previous 4m awards to a total 17m by February 2017

And once again a system of Welfare dependancy has been created with no incentive to work, particularly at farming which has been the target of gangs for such a long time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join