It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel series on astronaut Cooper's secret space-based treasure map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I wonder if it's 100% BS, or just boring.....

AMPLE’s style is also evident in the Discovery Channel series Cooper’s Treasure, premiering April 18th at 10 PM Eastern (9 PM Central). Cooper’s Treasure takes viewers on an out-of-this-world search for a long lost “treasure map from space” created in secret by famed Mercury astronaut Gordon Cooper. The map contains information on the buried whereabouts of various ships in the South Caribbean. Decades later, Cooper’s close friend/explorer Darrell Miklos attempts to find what treasures may lurk amid the wreckage of those ships.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 31-3-2017 by JimOberg because:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

buried whereabouts of various ships in the South Caribbean.

I guess that info is..."burried" wide open on the internet...

Sounds rather ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's coming closer...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Sounds like a bogus publicity stunt.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So....Why don't other astronauts make their own maps?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here's a look at the map (partially), if anyone's got a boat and wants to get in the race:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Anybody see it?

Cooper probably did tell those stories, and they seem typical of the fantasies he descended into, in his final years. Cooper got involved in all sorts of weird projects once he didn't get the moon flight he expected as his right,. and was eased out of NASA - but still enjoyed TV gigs. He became spokesman for a company selling magic engines that turned air into fuel [until it was shut down by the Federal Trade Commission]. He claimed he saved the shuttle program from a lethal design flaw by relaying a telepathic warning from space aliens. He naively flacked for several bogus aviation investment schemes that cost his friends and others who trusted him millions of dollars -- and lost his own savings in them, too. He described his capsule getting hammered by a meteor storm that nobody back on Earth found even a scratch from -- and he claimed to have taken photos from space on which you could read license plates. He packed a travel bag and his camera when he was promised a space ride on an alien craft, but then claimed it was cancelled because of an extraterrestrial political spat.

My advice: Remember him and honor his glory days, don't exploit his human failings in his declining years -- as this show gives all indications it intends to do. Shameful.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

How about we call him a God damned liar.

Oh cuz European-Americans arent allowed to hurt feelings?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just posted, my reasons for not believing the program...

Cooper’s Treasure – My debunking of the ‘secret sensor’ and ‘five thousand photos’ --
www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
DANG -- Episode 2 ambushes Gene Kranz and insinuates he's a liar...

www.monstersandcritics.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I saw it.
Parts of it.

No shipwrecks?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nope. And no fist-fights.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cooper’s Treasure –
FOOL’S GOLD IN SPACE…
Loss of Faith -- Gordon Cooper’s post-NASA stories

www.thespacereview.com...

In perspective, the stories that Gordon Cooper told Darrell Miklos about his space treasure map (see “The magic MacGuffin of Mercury 9”, The Space Review, April 24, 2017) are fully consistent with other stories he came up with in his later years to entertain people. Moreover, he apparently believed them himself and spent a lot of time researching them.

top topics

join